Ukrainian language on Activision Blizzard websites and in the battle.net application

Greetings, Activision Blizzard!

Ukrainian players appeal to you.

Ukrainian players have always been active — in eSports, on YouTube, and in the gaming community in general. But the whole world perceived us as the so-called “CIS region”. In fact, the “CIS” is a Frankenstein’s Monster, made of pieces of countries that were once captured by russia. We were forced to be a part of this monster and the whole world ignored our identity. But it is not like that anymore. Now the world knows what Ukraine is. We have earned this at a very high price, at cost of our lives.

Activision Blizzard has already started the process of recognizing Ukrainian gamers by adding hryvnias to its store. It meant a lot to us and we are immensely grateful for this step. We ask you not to stop and go further, and add Ukrainian language to Activision Blizzard sites and the battle.net app.

The Blizzard website and the battle.net app both have Polish language. The area of ​​Ukraine is two times larger than the area of Poland. The population of Ukraine is 6 million people more than the population of Poland.

The Blizzard website and the battle.net app both have Italian language. The area of ​​Ukraine is two times larger than the area of Italy. The population of Ukraine is only 10 million people less than the population of Italy.

About 45 million people all around the world speak Ukrainian. It is one of the top 20 most spoken languages ​​in the world.

Now it is the time to add Ukrainian language to your services.

Thousands of Ukrainian players hope for your support.

In case of necessity of the translation of your resources, you can contact Ukrainian translation organizations such as UnlocTeam or Shlyakbytraf.

Thank you for your time.

Yours faithfully,

Your Ukrainian players.

398 Likes

Hard plus.

79 Likes

I look forward to adding Ukrainian language!

59 Likes

We in Ukraine are waiting for the Ukrainian language in Activision Blizzard games so hard. But for a start, it will be very nice if you will add Ukrainian in the BattleNet application and on the website

71 Likes

Dear Blizzard please hear us, we need this very much!

59 Likes

I support the introduction of my native language on the company’s website. Activision Blizzard, please help implement this functionality.

47 Likes

we would be really grateful for it <3

40 Likes

First the interface, and then a separate Ukrainian server!
I believe that each nation deserves both an interface in its own language and a separate server, even without the localization of the game

46 Likes

That would be great! I hope Blizzard would pay attention to current post!

34 Likes

This is all absolutely irrelevant. It matters how many of your country play the game and not how many people you’ve got. Also the landmass argument is just a flat out facepalm.

11 Likes

I hope they will hear us

30 Likes

Highly support this! A lot of countries have it’s native language support for battle.net app and website, and Ukraine don’t, even though Ukrainian community in Activision Blizzard games is bigger, than some countries that have native language support. We deserve to have a native Ukrainian language around Blizzard ecosystem!

35 Likes

I fully support!!!

31 Likes

if turkey or sweden/scandinavia didnt get their own language version, you wont for sure

13 Likes

As one of the seven people who live here in Helgasun. We’re fine if scandinavia didn’t get a language pack for wow thanks. It would propably sound terrible anyway.

5 Likes

just saying the spending power/market potential of that area is 100x of what ukraine is despite their population… (or ex-population)

3 Likes

Please blizzard, Make this game accessible to more people in the world via Language!

17 Likes

Hello fellow WoW players,

I am proud to be a member of the Ukrainian WoW community, and I want to raise awareness about the importance of having full support for the Ukrainian language in Blizzard apps. Many of us who play the game are from Ukraine, and having access to our native language would significantly improve our gaming experience.

Unfortunately, not having Ukrainian language support in Blizzard apps creates a language barrier that can make it difficult to fully understand the game’s storylines, quests, and mechanics. Adding Ukrainian language support would be a great help to our community.

Additionally, providing support for the Ukrainian language would promote inclusivity, which is a value that Blizzard has always stood for. It would allow more players from Ukraine to join the game and become part of the WoW community. It would also help us connect with other players from around the world by breaking down language barriers.

I strongly believe that the Ukrainian WoW community deserves to have full support for our native language in Blizzard apps. It would make the game more accessible and enjoyable for many of us. I urge everyone to support this cause and help us make this request known to Blizzard.

Thank you for your attention and support.

Best regards,

Sinnocence :ukraine:

39 Likes

Such a “nice” way of asking for something - “these people are monsters, and those are just less than us but have their language, wtf?!”

[not a good word] in a nutshell

6 Likes

What kind of comparison is that? Scandinavian is not a language, the region consists of a good handful of different languages, as similar some of them might be. Swedish is correctly the most used language with 10,5 million Swedes and 5% of Finland’s population of 5,5 millions. But still, it is a ridiculous low number compared to the users of major languages in more populated countries.

6 Likes