Unable to start BFA content on several characters

Same here, lvled a pandaren from the pandaren starting area. Got to SW, lvl 12, unable to start BFA, and I have several lvl 50 and loremaster BFA.

Also, took the boat from SW to Boralus, same crap, nothing I can do there.

I just got info from a player.

Apparently Blizzard screwed things up in a hotfix last night. You gotta make a new alt after completing Exiles Reach, then to the “Stormwind Tour” quests.

I have a friend who did that quest, and I skipped it. My friend is able to access BFA and I am not…

It is amazing how much this company manages to screw up. How much money are they wasting on their leadership, how much goes to Activision, and how underfunded are the development team? How underfunded are the infrastructure?

2 Likes

Same here. My wife and i have mad separate allied races and we are unable to start something related to BfA.

Not sure what is the point of doing those quests.
It doesn’t unlock Magni’s quests or BFA.

Yeah those are from BFA prepatch. Also for some reason the first 2 were scaled to 50 the others were scaled to 45. Either way neck lvl 11 now and mechagon unlocked - still no difference. The map shows “What You May Regret” as an available quest on the map but its not actually there.
P.S. its not directly connected to leveling in Exile’s Reach and skipping the Stormwind tour - my toon was leveled to 12 in Teldrasil and just spent 12-50 in WoD.

It’s broken for allied races, they can’t do exiles reach, So it’s impossible at that point. They really need to make this a priority.

Same problem here. Had a boosted warlock to lvl 110. Wanted to lvl it after the squish. Now its 50 and I cant do bfa content with it. Sad because I wanted to farm some of the 8.3 mounts but without access to Magni beyond getting the lvl 1 heart its impossible to get to 8.3 content… :frowning:

I saw a friend of mine get DCed and download a 70mb patch on friday night/saturday morning which was shortly before another friend whispered me to check if bfa things are working for me because they weren’t for her.

As for the rest of it - at this point I’m pretty sure they just don’t care. The people I play with are saying “why do you even bother trying to play in the worst expansion when it isn’t even working to begin with - just get your alts to 50 and if you want to actually do something - do it on your already leveled toons” and at this point I’m almost convinced that this was the thought process at blizz as well.

Just been trying to introduce a friend to WoW but they wanted to play a Death Knight and now we can’t do BfA levelling - the expansion recommended by blizzard, this is such an embarrassing introduction to the game…

I requested a refund of literally everything after i had a 4 hour wait to have a copy pasted response to this issue asking me to abandon and retake a quest that does not exist.
It bothers me so much that support doesn’t even bother reading tickets. If it being in the category “quest” is enough for a copy pasted response the wait should be seconds since a bot is capable of handling that.

A shame without doubt.

3 Likes

With the war campaign when you first go on the boat and when you’re supposed to chose to pursue an upgrade, i can’t buy it, even when i have 20 war resource and it costs 15, it’s just greyed out, which blocks my progress. That’s one amongst many other things that are broken.

They sent me the same reply. I told them if they can’t put me on the quest then send the bug notice to the devs to fix it. I’m pretty sure the Friday hotfix broke the questchain.

2 Likes

This has finally been acknowledged by Blizzard over on US forums

12 Likes

TMW it takes you almost two days to admit there is a problem…

2 Likes

Only 1 character got bfa start quest while all other characters i have on alliance do not.

So first I had this problem on my Nightbourn Priest which was level 29 once the pre-patch hit. Went to SW and Anduin wasn’t not there and no quest to start the BFA story line. I then created a fresh Zandalari Druid which started at level 10, again no quest line in ORG to start the BFA content. I raised a ticket and all I was advised was to disable addons and reload UI and if that did not work they directed me towards Wowhead. I’m no expert but isn’t wowhead a 3rd party site and the simple fact that Blizz employees are directing me to go there tells me they don’t have a clue on how to deal with these queries. If this has been acknowledged as a bug then tell me instead of fobbing me off. I’m curios to see if this is an Allied race issue as my son created a pandarian and that worked fine.

3 Likes

I can confirm this, 4-5 days ago I made a Void Elf Rogue and everything went smooth got it lvl 50.
Today I created a Night Elf Druid and a Human Paladin and got both to lvl 10 and unlocked boralus/tiragarde quest line.
After this I created another Void Elf, a mage. When I go to Stormwind as a level 10 void elf (after visiting the quest board) and visit the Stormwind Keep where the BFA starting quest should be, all I can see is Turalyon and Grand-Admiral Jes Tereth (Jes is giving me the quest for Pandaria “The King’s Command”). So my guess is that this bug is related either to the Hallowen phase or to the Chromie phase change (I did try change the timelines and return to current timeline to see if It gets solved but it didn’t work).
So yeah this is an allied races related problem. I dk know why the first void elf created 5 days ago had no problems, maybe something changed since then? Also after this I created like 3 more void elves and all happens the same, same bug to all.

I hope someone from Blizz sees this comment :(.

2 Likes

As probably happened to many I opened a ticket and got the usual copy paste reply that doesnt give any real help/answers i reopened the ticket and no reply whatsoever. Blizzard costumer suport keeps getting worse and worse. Meanwhile after not being able to log in for 2 days in a row and now this plus shadowlands delay my hype about the new expansion is (not so) slowly transforming in a will to ask for a refund for Shadowlands and be done Activision-Blizzard. Which is kinda sad to admit

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem - I levelled through Legion (Alliance Hunter), got called to Silithus by Maggers, got my heart and now I’m standing in Boralus after trying 101 things with nowhere to go.

Checked the US thread though and they’re aware of it and it’s affecting a lot/everyone. Should be fixed soon.

I still can’t start BfA questing on any alliance allied race character. Literally is zero options to start. Would really like this to be fixed so I can start leveling. Or at least a blue post to acknowledge that we can’t even quest.

1 Like