Unable to start BFA content on several characters

I’ve been away from the game for a while. I’ve always played some of each expansion, and I do have 4 chars at level 50, that I leveled up months ago. now I was going to level up couple of more before Shadowlands. These characters are level 40-45.
I cannot get BFA content t start up at all on them. In Stormwind I can see the Boralus portal, but not use it.
I even made a new char to check, and I was given the starting quest for BFA when I got to Stormwind at level 10, but my higher level characters are not getting this. What do I need to do?

17 Likes

Same issue here.

• Wanted to level up a lvl45 character which was left there after Legion.
  • Got the BFA starting quest which sends you to SW. Spoke to the person in the harbour, chose the “I’ve seen this before…” option for the Battle for Lordareon. The quest turned to completed, I gave it in, and … nothing. There is no follow up quest, which should send you to the keep, as the throne room is phased to prepatch time.
  • Tried without addons, etc, does not work. Cannot abandon and retake quest because my quest log is empty.
  • Cannot level through Chromie timewalking, either, as even though I can select a previous expansion, it places me to the stage where I left it when I was originally levelling there, i.e. does not start from the beginning, but the areas are unlocked and only quests which I did not do at that time are available
  • All in all I’m stuck at 45 currently, unless I search for not completed side-quests in old content and hope for having enough for 5 lvls.

Do you have any idea what can I do?

3 Likes

I have a similar issue. I level up to 50 with this character (Cassiesassy - Turalyon) on pandaria, wod, and last 2 levels in eastern kingdoms. once i got to 50 I got ported to stormwind. I got the quest to go to silithus and get the heart of Azeroth.
However, after that there is nothing. no “War Council” quest. (myabe because turalyon is sitthing there a the throne?) nothing from the heroe’s call board, nothing from the guard standing next to it. The portal in the mage tower DOES work, however once i’m in boralus there’s no quests, because i haven’t done the intro quests… so i’m stuck at ilvl fifty something, with no way to progress after that.
Chromie is of course disabled once i dinged 50 so let’s get that out of the way.
I appreciate any help.

8 Likes

I’m on the same boat as you guys. Levelled a new character through WoD and Legion, now at 50 I can’t start BFA content.

1 Like

Seems to be a common issue on character that have gone through Exiles Reach. There are a number of threads over in General about it.
(My character MalMoria is in the same boat… Really would love to do BFA on her but can’t get the quest for it)

Update:
A friend seem to maybe have narrowed it down… It seems it happens if you following Exiles Reach choses to skip the Stormwind Tour by saying “I know stormwind already” She was able to start BFA on the character of hers that did the tour but not on the one whom skipped it.

1 Like

You can still pick up world quests from the ship’s captain (one standing behind assault table).

Don’t really help Nonchuck when you can’t get the main story.

1 Like

Only one remark: this issue does not exist only for new characters or those which leveled to 50 through other content and now would still like to see BFA.

In my case, it is simply a character unplayed since end of Legion (lvl 110 now 45), which I’d like to level now to 50 (previously 120) for Shadowlands. The BFA starting quest automatically appeared, it sends you to SW, but it seems it is broken where you should get the quest to travel with Jaina to Boralus. The guy in the harbour does not send you to Anduin. For me it seems that the removal of the neklace part with Magni (which was originally part of the chain) broke the whole chain.

So the “normal” leveling for Alliance seems to be not working, you don’t get the quest to travel to Boralus (it is working on the Horde side, I checked, you get the quest to travel to Zandalar).

3 Likes

Thanks Hopsy.

Exact same problem here. 2 characters to 50 today. Got my neck. No quests and nothing I can do. Wrote a ticket about it, but I don’t know how long that’s gonna take to fix.

1 Like

and what about dH / dk or allied races? i made a dh yesterday and i cant pick it up yet.

small indie company, kek

So i have the same issue on any lvl 10 allied race. I can not start the BFA questline, The Heros Call board has only legion Pandaria and draenor quests, chromie does not help as BfA is current timeline and in the castle only quests are for Pandaria and Redrige mountains. Tried several accounts, different characters, regions and servers, nothing helps…

7 Likes

Same problem here, my alt isnt able to get bfa starting quests after obtaining the necklace. I could leave the chamber of heart but not go back in, there was no portal from silithus to boralus however there is one from boralus to silithus. Cyrus is not in boralus, neither is the warfront table or portal to arathi/darkshore. I used WQ and random quests to get reputation to friendly but that didnt give me the starter quest for nazjatar either.

WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE SOME COMMUNICATION FROM BLIZZARD ON THIS MATTER.

theres a multitude of topics about this on the forums hundreds of people not knowing why this isnt working.

12 Likes

I’m unable to start BfA content on one of my alliance alts too. I’ve selected the current timeline in Chromie time, and can queue for BfA dungeons, take the ship there etc., but none of the starting quests have popped for me and they don’t seem to be obtainable anywhere. As a result Boralus is missing portals and I can’t start questing in Kul Tiras.

1 Like

At this point, I’m convinced that Blizzard should delay SL not by a few weeks, but by a whole year to fix this mess they made. They made the whole lvl squish to give a more streamlined experience to the newcomers and attract new players. Well, let me tell you: with this garbage job, no one will want to play this trash.

4 Likes

Absolutely identical issue to my lvl 45 DH. Logged in, went to the harbour, said I’ve seen this before, handed in and no follow up… So its now just stuck. I took the boat to Boralus but there are no quests available to accept.

1 Like

I cannot get the bfa intro quest on a newly created allied race (Kul Tiran).

4 Likes

Totally agree. I went through all the previous expansions and I really start to get anxious whenever Blizz announce the new one… It NEVER goes well. Right now I am experiencing terrible crashes during the gameplay - mostly sound effects are off. And of course, cannot start BFA quests… Seriously, Blizz?

Completely unable to start BFA on my old 110 alts (now 45). I skip the intro scenario and there’s no more quests!

3 Likes

It gets better. I got summoned to and carried through an m0 ML on my fresh 50. Did some WQs cuz there was no other way to get to Zandalar, now I have a portal to Silithus (which I previously didn’t when Magni initially summoned me) but I can’t use the thingy to get inside the chamber of the heart. Will keep you posted on how its going as I stupidly grind for more neck lvls. Also I have a portal from Boralus to Silithus but no portal from Silithus to Boralus.

1 Like