Unfair Reward distribution between Horde and Alliance in Warmode

Ion explains the issue at start of BfA in this qa vid. There was a matchmaking issue that led to too many Horde in a shard. Some Alliance wm off as result. But even after issue fixed, some Alliance still perceived outnumbered and more wm off. And some Horde, perceiving free 10%, turned on wm without any intention of wpvp. Although shard balance has been good since (unless on overflow shard or lfg effect), region balance just got worse over time. Hence the rebalancing, which Blizz consider a success.

Been a few weeks now since wm faction rebalancing started, and for sure region wm balance is improved. The way wpvp is now at 15% was Blizz’s goal, 10% even better, reducing overflow shards. Let’s hope we stay at 15% for longer this time, or maybe reach 10% before other regions! But, at 15%, wpvp is good, no aoo quest, nice wpvp, lottsa fun.

1 Like

when AOO is off WM is at its best and purest. outside of the kill 10 people in one zone quest that both sides get, pvp is happening for pvps sake. Sure you get killed now and then, you feel class imbalances. But you can group up and take your revenge. You see a bounty? its time for a hunt. You see a air drop? well while some times both sides will amicably let the other side loot, most likly it will be a massive surge of both sides to get that 50 conquest.

I like WM as a whole but AOO is something I despise, especialy given the reasoning of wanting to throw off horde that dont want to do pvp but the quest then brings in alliance who dont want to do warmode outside of it.

2 Likes

You war criminals should suffer for what you did.

We burned a tree full of alliance scum. No crime in that.

4 Likes

you know what is a war crime, gunning down surrendering prisoners, now remind me, why didnt that alliance captain ever get court martialed for that, infact I think she got promoted.

1 Like

The Kal’dorei within the world tree were innocents civilians and you think of yourself as heroes champions? You’re northing but evil monsters with one purpose to be villians there rules azeroth but guess what Azeroth’s True Champions The Alliance will not let you.

Nothing is forever. Sooner or later death will claim you. You will fall in beside me, in servitude of my queen.:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

No The Light protects those who’s devoted to it or like me was created By The Light. So no i won’t serve sylvanas.

How could they think like that. So basically, they gaved a 400 ilvl item to any player that would turn on WM 
just like that.
A 400 ilvl item is equal with BoD raid heroic. I aquirred my first 400 ilvl BoD heroic item 2 weeks ago in a saturday raid (02/03/2019). Tides of Vengeance was released in 11 december 2018. Thats almost 4 months ago. During this time, i grew slowly, doing dungeons, then heroics, then mythics 0, then pushing to mythic 2-5 keys, then trying to join normal raids, then pushing again mythic 5-8, then heroic raid. This “growth” was done with hard work and a lot of frustration. Especially that we all know how this “LFG” system works and how its ruined by “RaiderIO” system.
Then Ion comes and gives to any player from alliance a 400ilvl for free, just to take a quest, go wpvp and stay afk, doesnt matter, because the big guys do the kill.
Do you think this was a fair method to convince ally players to turn on WM? Some people work 3 months for a 400 ilvl item and others get it by staying afk?
I woulded understand if they woulded give a huge honor and conquest reward, like : for every 10 kills to get 2000 honor or something like that, but to give a 400 ilvl its outrageous. Why? Because that 400ilvl item is basically a free boost for you (especially if you just hit 110 lvl and you are eligible for the quest and you have around 300 ilvl). That item helps you a lot in PVE dungeons and raids.
Trying to combine PVE rewards (400 ilvl gear) with a PVP quest was and is the most stupid thing to do. And they call it balance
omg.

You do realize there is no bloody difference between PvE and PvP gear anymore? So all gear in PvP is a PvE reward aswell, but hey atleast you aren’t complaining about the 15% vs 10% we have atm. Besides the Horde hyprocisy about it it’s amazing to this day, seeing EU:

-Horde get free unlimited access to gear alts for Uldir, Alliance gets an IL restriction. They wait with IL rectrition several days into the warfront > forgotten!
-Horde got a free quarenteed 370 (HC and some even got 370-380 weapons!) for running Arathi warfront giving them a huge advantage, Alliance starts with 385 (normal) > Nope no problem!

Alliance gets 1 free IL 400+ item and forums till this day bring it up, face it the Horde is the one who like when they get favoured but when the Alliance gets favoured for one time they scream. It even went this way with toys, quest or mounts in the past, the moment the Horde gets 1 less quest, mount or toy they raid the forums till the devs have to apologize but when they get more, well let me sum up the responses I had:

-“Omg it are just toys, just play Horde then if you want them!” - Darkshore scenario
-“It can’t even fly!” - Kufo (extra mount)
-“Well lol Kultirans are humans, lols!” - BfA rep mounts.

Well did the Horde only get raptors for because the Zandalari are trolls? Nope they even avoided them.

Do you hear the Horde when they now get tons of free azerite thanks to their exclusive Vol’jin questline? NOPE! Not at all. Do you hear them about toy and mount inequality (numbers and design)? Nope. But be warned if you just give Alliance 3 short quest regarding Anduin in Legion or a 1 time free IL 400 item to lure people in to try WPvP. The masses won’t ever stop complaining.

That’s what I’m most sick of. Same as the ganking complaints, Horde complains about being ganked by few Alliance and they get upvoted on reddit but Alliance tells this was how WM was for 4 months for Alliance and they immetdiatly report said post. The Horde playerbase or parts of them are beyond sad. They don’t care about overall balance, they just wanna dominate.

2 Likes

I dont care about that difference. I care that some struggle to farm a 400ilvl and i told you my story and others receive such a item for free, by doing basically nothing.

Since Tides of Vengeance release, on 11 december last year, can you tell me who is farming Uldir? Not to mention that when the first world kill race for Jaina, Limit guild played alliance because they haved a heads up of some hours to receive that 400 ilvl, and still they failed. So again, alliance was in advantage and still lost.

Everyone gets that ilvl item from warfronts and invasions. About what you talk?

Sadly it wasnt only one time. It was several times. And even if they removed the 400 ilvl, you still get the 385 ilvl item, wich is 15 ilvl higher than any invasion or warfront gives to horde (370 ilvl).

That quest line gives around 4-5k AP. That sounds to you like “tons of free azerite”? Really? Usually only from wq i farm daily around 2-3k AP. Not to mention the other sources (dungeons, raids, pvp, islands, etc).

There are mounts and toys excusive only for alliance. And i dont complain. If i want them, i need to grow a ally char and farm them. What has to do toys and mounts with our topic btw?

Ohhh how you made that “few” word to sound into this topic

Face it . Blizzard was forced to lure you with 400 ilvl items to join wpvp, otherwise you wouldnt. Like is the situation today, after AOO quest, maps are empty. Why? The alliance players exist and they are many and strong. Proof is what happend last week. Total domination. Now? Nobody. Why now they are absent? Can anyone answer? I asked this question hudred times in this thread, yet every ally player avoids to answer this. WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?

2 Likes

I think the day, when hordi stop crying on forum will never come.

3 Likes

it flares up when ever AOO is up. Almost like making a quest that encourages Pveing allaince to form gank raids for loot is a bad thing and should never have been implimented.

1 Like

Because all the Horde players were WPvP’ers in heart? Don’t make me laugh. Most of them only activated it due to Alliance being low on numbers and it being very low risk for Horde (free 10% buff with close to zero or even no drawbacks while Alliance could take 20-30+ minutes to complete a single WQ!). The most common complaint from the real WPvPers was that they hardly came across Alliance, if at all. But no that’s fine. But when Bliz tries to get Alliance back or others interested to rebalance the population it’s suddenly is unfair. 4 months of Hordemode wasn’t enough?

This is the same rethoric that is used when people defend the raid and M+ population shift, all the guilds admitted it was purely because of racials, player pool or those two combined that they went Horde. Yet the Horde players keep saying they went Horde because they loved the faction.

Edit: Bliz is taking drastic actions to fix Alliance now since if the same happend as during Legion or after wOD the faction will be almost complety non-existant. yet every time they take one Horde players criticize them for it being unfair.

3 Likes

It was only 400 the first week of aoo. Blizz accepted it was too much, and all aoo ilvl since has been 385. That ilvl of item is very easy to aquire in many different ways. Getting that 400 item once doesn’t have that big an impact. It was just an incentive, which succeded in narrowing the faction balance gap.

Doesn’t matter if Alliance turn off wm after aoo, it’s what the balance is after they wm off that matters. And balance is currently closer. Success.

385 items are easy to acquire, they go straight into the scrapper tho!

2 Likes

I even scrap them on alts who just do warfronts and WQ, I would say it’s even too weak in that sense. Wished they would make the quest award a transmog of the warfronts you didn’t knew yet. Right now the 385 is useless unless you get lucky (good stats and socket ontop).

Ye, but it does a good job as an incentive, just enough to motivate Alliance to form Horde cull parties during aoo. Because 385 is weak, Horde can’t really complain, since a 385 item is easy to acquire anyway. Yet it works as incentive to cull Horde and reduce region wm faction imbalance.

I get a few mats out of aoo item scrapping, welcome, but hardly something for Horde to get anxious about. Get same mats doing other wm activity.

2 Likes

Next time they give only the first week 500k azerite power or 1 mill gold
right?

I wonder how did they realise that it was too much
did they think about it or someone told them?

15 ilvl above everything what we get from any quest source (normal quest or wq). Does it look to you that this difference is ok? 15 ilvl?

Ofc it doesnt has any impact. Doesnt matter if by luck that item is also a BIS. It doesnt matter. Especially for a fresh 120 player with 300 ilvl
0 impact on him. You’re right.

You repeat so many times this phrase
its becoming annoying. Especially that “success” part. You know what means a success in a dispute between 2 sides (our example ally vs horde)? Success means that both sides are happy with the outcome of the change. Does it look to you that the horde side is happy that you get free boost?

Yes, you’re right. Thatswhy you have 376 total ilvl. I’ve heard that in Stormsong Valley, near the Tortolan village, in the trees grow 385 ilvl items. You just need to go there and pick them up. You could fully gear yourself in just 1 min.

You dont get the point. Still you think like a retard. You repeat all day what a glorious success this AOO ideea was,but you dont think the bigger picture. There are many and enough players (alliance) to face and even beat the horde. The proof was what happend in the AOO week. They (ally players) keep WM off because of what/ever reason. You (alliance) dont deserve nothing to be motivated to turn on WM. If alliance players keep WM off, its theyr problem. Blizzard shoulded not interfere and help/motivate you to do a thing that aparently dont like. What Blizz did was not balance. It was bringing more drama and frustration between ourself (horde and alliance). Therefor my reply is so agressive now, because you still keep your idiotic ideea that everything was a success. It wasnt. It was a disaster. A true fail. A stupidity from Blizz to do something like this. Can you understand that? Or still you are a retard?

while Im greatfull they rightfully saw the 400 item as wrong especialy at the start of a raid cycle I feel the nature of the quest itself effects the psychology of people on WM and since it is only available to one side that creates a discrepancy. nothing wrong with call to arms though both sides trying to kill each other, both get the same reward fun times
 except when you really begin to feel class imbalances.

2 Likes