Unpopular Opinions

Bear in mind those bloodmages are leftovers from Vanilla and it´s stated that blood elven bloodmages don´t actually use blood magic (couldn´t find the quote itself, apparently it was in TFT Game Manual). So far, I don´t think we have any mentions of Alliance or Horde using blood magic and with how the lore regarding this type of magic seems to be going in this expansion, having someone use blood magic (DKs could be seen as an exception…there are weird rules when it comes to hero classes) in a fight in capital cities would probably be the same as using necromantic magic in a fight.

Warlocks are using blood magic, blood elves are openly using blood magic for anima golems since MoP.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Edit:

And to clarify:
Blood mages are in majority blood elves adept at controlling magic and ranged assault. While they were still members of the Alliance, the blood elves began to turn to the darkest parts of magic, abandoning the water and frost spells of the Kirin Tor for the fire and heat of what some people fear to be demonic magic. (Frozen Throne manual)
Bloodmages - mages, who use blood as a power source for their spells.

There is no correct way to spell either of those 2 different types of mages because of how they are shown in-game, but it is the most common way.

1 Like

Factually wrong. The blood mages in BL were readded in Cataclysm and updated.
There are also Blood Mages amongst Belves who were like Kaelthas and actual blood mages like in Blasted Lands. They also lug around the Mogu anima constructs to this day (they are in Nazmir) that use copious amounts of blood, making it rather evident they use blood magic.

There seems to be an abundant number of exceptions then. The Horde even let San’layn in as an experiment and they weren’t limited in their role because of blood magic but because they were Scourge minions up until BFA launched.

I’m also fairly sure there are even quests about studying Nazmani blood magic but I cant find them at the moment due to limited internet.

They literally study blood trolls and their blood magic in the Nazmir Incursion. They gather around one of their blood altars and drain it in the phase – Alliance sends old god water elementals to disrupt them.

That said, we know that trolls do ban its practice. And since blood magic = death magic operating on the same principle as Dark Shamanism (spirit of decay), I could see rest of the Kalimdor Horde having an issue with its use.

Eastern Kingdoms Horde obviously has no such moral problems.

I have no idea what veen means, but please, share it once you are able to find it.

And it seems I was proven wrong, certainly when it comes to at least some or the races in the Horde.

even but misspelled

and here

So…these are the guys who expelled members of their society for dabbing into Void?

Why couldn´t blood mages be just ordinary mages during their period? That would be far less stupid concept.

Practicing Void magic will taint the Sunwell with their presence. They had to be exiled, or else they’d risk killing all high and blood elves on the planet like last time the Sunwell was tainted. Stopping their practice was something they clearly weren’t going to do.

Blood magic, however, doesn’t have such a passive effect on the Sunwell.

7 Likes

I really dislike the number of void elves running around, RPer or not.

1 Like

Leave it to a 110 Alliance alt in an OOC guild to tell you that Heroic Leap cannot be IC :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Heroic Leap doesn’t make a lot of sense IC.

Pro warriors winning through weapon skill are cooler than dizzy spinning ‘warrior’ kids jumping about and throwing a tantrum.

Change my mind.

1 Like

first thought

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Peak_Human_Condition

All you need to make your warrior cool without resorting on vague magic. The most simplest of all explanations.

P.S. Grommash Heroic Leaps on Mannoroth in the cinematic

1 Like

People: Lol if u wear cloth and somebody gets to melee, u die.

Also people: i CaSt A bArRiEr

Anyone can 1 shot anyone if the narrative decides it.

Why not?

Depends.

I can appreciate both really finesse, pure flourishing and superior weapon skill warriors, but equally I can appreciate warriors who tank the damage, and then deal overpowering blows to stagger and break their opponents defenses.

1 Like

Depends on the race for me personally. With elves, I prefer the finesse. Like poets with a sword. For tauren, the overpowering blow seems to play more into their strengths.

For orcs, you have the finesse ones like Saurfang who’s confirmed to be the greatest axewielder on the planet. Or the blademasters. But then you also have plenty of room for the rampaging berserker, or the guy who’s built like a mountain.

Play to your race’s obvious strengths. That makes them :ok_hand:

This yeah.

With Boush, I enjoy theming his attacks being really quick and incorporating a lot of jabs with the free hand and incorporating a lot of leaps.

With Shen Shugoki, I enjoy a much slower approach, tanking the blows against the armor and then doing a really strong and quick sweeping blow, stepping on their toe or ramming their face onto your belly.

With Herbert, I like using halfswording, murderstroke and a lot of HEMA moves in general- And ending them rightly.

So if I pulled out one of my RP characters on AD instead of character I have been using to post on forums for almost 4 years, that would somehow make my opinion more credible?
Also, what the hell does faction have to do with that?

1 Like

I do this on my knight character. But since he got bitten by a feral worgen (though he tries his best to keep it suppressed and not turn, believing that becoming a beast is unbecoming of a knight) when the rage starts to boil, he tends to apply increasingly growing amount of strength and brute force into the attacks.

I try to look at Darth Vader and Kylo Ren for inspiration when that happens. There’s still grace behind those sword swings, but you can tell there’s some strength behind it.

kylo’s the best thing to come out of the new trilogy btw

1 Like

You’re not putting the bar high with that statement, y’know?

1 Like