Upcoming Content Unlocks for WoW Classic

With the WoW Classic PTR now open for business, we have a test environment where we can dig into some of the content that is coming soon to WoW Classic.

To be specific, our plan is to open Arathi Basin on all realms the week of March 10. At that time, we will also kick off the Battleground Holidays system.

We plan to open Zul’Gurub and release the fabled Dragons of Nightmare in April.

We’ll let you know as soon as we have an exact time that those content unlocks will occur.

Thank you!

8 Likes

TBC end 2020 confirmed! Well with this pacing anyhow ^^

8 Likes

Too Soon! You have awakened me too soon, Kaivax!

14 Likes

In my opinion it’s too soon for ZG. If you keep this up then AQ must be released in the beginning of summer. Which leaves only Naxx left, so i don’t know how you’ll keep classic alive for longer than 2020. Unless you’re thinking that classic players will go and play shadowlands, which won’t happen on mass.

11 Likes

I for one welcome this, AB (and to a lesser extent BG holidays) was sorely needed and can’t come soon enough.
ZG is complementary to BWL, not a step-up, both in difficulty and in gear quality. Many of the more seriously PvE minded guilds are already clearing BWL+MC(+ONY if they even bother) in one raid night. This will give them a reason to log more than once a week. And 20 men pug groups may begin forming in preparation for AQ 20, the ultimate classic pug destination.
Excellent news and timing all around. Now just stay on phase 4 for a decent while please, no phase 5 before end of summer, September/October at the very earliest please!

10 Likes

To all those calling the patches too soon:
So far classic had roughly the same times (give or take a week or two) for the content releases as they were in vanilla.
In vanilla BWL came out july 12, 2005 and ZG came out september 13, 2005. Two months and a day later.
And now they announce that ZG comes out in april after BWL came out in february.

The previous patches were mostly similar.
My prediction for AQ release is august, since it came out about 4 months after ZG in vanilla.

13 Likes

Excellent!

1 Like

?

Honestly, I don’t think any content has been rushed up until this point, but this feels very early to be releasing phase 4.

We plan to open Zul’Gurub and release the fabled Dragons of Nightmare in April.

Match 10 = AB

PTR Fourm pls also allow us to use our R14 gear on the PTR cO i dont have other weapons LUL

Oh, my bad.

Seriously, can you not? What kind of pacing is this? Classic will be done in under a year, good job blizzard.

Just read the post by Senjiu. They are actually following the release timing of Vanilla very closely, only releasing battlegrounds slightly ahead of each appropriate phase, which is a good thing imo.
AQ war effort in late August and Naxx around New Year’s, TBC gets announced this Blizzcon and releases Summer 2021, you heard it here first folks.

1 Like

Indeed sir
Indeed

Far too fast. Slow it down… please dont pressured by the hardcore min-max community. Classic is for everyone.

5 Likes

this is following the original timeline, classic isnt for dad gamers who play 0.5 hours a month, try retail

7 Likes

Naaaaa 2021 You still got whole Shadowland xpack before tbc comes out and if you think blizz will drop tbc AND shadowlands same time more or less. You know nothing about MAKING MONEY.

No biggie, I’m sure as hell not not buying Shady Sylvanas Fanfiction part VII the way it’s looking now and I can just alternate game time every month if they’re gonna stretch it till summer 2021.

1 Like

Good news.