Upcoming Realm Connections - Update 24/7

Nice change, to bad guilds from around here are moving server’s or going horde for SL :stuck_out_tongue:

but isn’t kilrogg connected to runetotem and nagrand? and hellfire to arathor how does this work?

yeah though the best horde guild on kilrogg left for an other realm already also, not to supriced, it was realy bad for horde here, maby it gets lil better now.

@Siffrah as noted, it will be a 5-way, if it works… and the German posting is also deficient. I am starting to thing the posting blue is either in US or just not up to speed on things, because already connected realms are only mentioned by one part of the name. Everyone is getting confused, both here and on the German forum.

2 Likes

only guild i know of that left, is imperium and they where horde already, one other left ages ago, that was alliance, but not heard of more atleast yet.

Also, it is worth noting that this is going to bring even more problems to all 5 realms as multiboxers and various exploiters often use low population realms to mask their activites, as such they will now have 5x the number of these going on as opposed to 2/3 realms worth.

you can say it times and times again as almost everyone agrees that balance isn’t the goal here.

But you can’t say that having a reasonable amount of active players on each faction of every server (connected realms) shouldn’t be Blizzard’s target.

Been some chat both Resolve & Return of the Watchers will change server or faction + server. If it will happen dunno (think RoW decided to stick around more). Craze left to Ravencrest while Fridge Raiders died when moving to Silvermoon. Don’t know anybody else then no.

Imperium, heard some talk about moving servers then.

imperium seems to have gone to twisting nether now, atleast on wowprogress they say that.

We had some chat about server transferring, but as it stands now we’ll stick around (especially with these added realm links) :slight_smile:

The total population shown is all of those connected realms together. So I am not really seeing the issue.

An issue I personally get is the character list on realm: on draenor you have all characters on the same list.

If you play on hellfire and kilrogg you have to log 2 realms that are effectively the same after this link, you don’t get a shared char list.

2 Likes

Not true, bronze dragonflight may be low pop, yes, and will be connected, BUT it’s alliance dominated, not horde, just like pretty much every single ex pve realm.

I moved all my characters to two realms but it’s not cheap!

It would be nice if they could just have one listing somehow.

2 Likes

Why are players of those realms SO uninformed?

I play on most realms and to me kilrogg and hellfire are just alt realms, but I know those are connected.

A native to hellfire shouldn’t know arathor is connected to it (and so goes for the other example)? Seems far fetched to me.

@Punyelf: indeed, would be a good improvement.

2 Likes

That would indeed be a great idea, having characters on connected realms in one list on the character selection screen, so you don’t need to swap between realms all the time. I have active characters on both Arathor and Hellfire, and swapping realms gets quite tedious.
The only UI issue I see with that is where the “Create New Character” button should go - how do you select the realm to create a new character on when the list shows characters from multiple realms?

1 Like

realms should show, what faction is dominating it, that way people can choose and not end up on as horde on an ally realm and so on

1 Like

also if the population what is shown on different sites are close to correct, when the merg happens theese servers will hit just over or just under 20k people, what is almost double from now.

I don’t think we have reliable sites anymore. The only ones left work off census data and that relies on people actually doing some measuring.

We used to have other sites that worked off the API and they got data from AH use, people registered to guilds etc etc and that seemed far more reliable. Sadly those don’t work any more.

2 Likes

I was looking at wowrealmpopulation, and according to that site silvermoon has 75k active players, and 50k of them are horde, what is in no way true.

so yeah you are right, it aint close accurate, didnt notice that at first hehe.