Upcoming Realm Connections - Update 24/7

@Weffi, Punyelf: I believe WRP is suffering from some sort of glitch. I can not be absolutely sure, but it is possible that the TOTALS are fairly accurate for active CHARACTERS, but their distribution between factions is bugged as it often appears ALL realms are horde dominated, which naturally is not true. :frowning:

EDIT: Fixed a thought error, getting tired. :frowning:

1 Like

not only that, but their listings aint right eighter, they jump all over the place, whit realms whit higher populations lower than some who aint even close to have the most.

@Weffi: That is most likely, because they do not follow an order by totalā€¦ As far as I can tellā€¦ It only orders by most alliance or most hordeā€¦ and there is no option to order by total that I can seeā€¦ I am getting too tired to think straight, I will take another look after I have had some much needed sleep. Good night for now!

Kilrogg and Hellfire?.. Sounds familiarā€¦

Kilrogg in Hellfire Citadel from WoD? :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

isnā€™t wowprogress data qccurate enough when it comes to raiding population?

1 Like

I use wowprogress the most these days but it obviously only takes the raiding population mainly into account.

Yes, I think best we have are wow progress realm section, raider io realm section, and manual whos.

I do not recommend using wow realm population, cause often the faction balance is skewed, the only thing this site is useful for is that it still tells you the ratio of realms before connections, so example it still tells you how many people come from hellfire vs arathor in %, while other sites by now no longer distinguish between realms that have been connected.

1 Like

When is this connection ā€œdoneā€?

@Henryn:

Unknown, things overall are not going well, this just recently in from US sideā€¦

2 Likes

started to think of it, I think one reason theese connections seem to fail, is that it seem like people are transfering to them now, I saw on kilrogg people I never seen before in a guild I never seen before also.

But I cant be sure offcourse, just something I started to think of.

Thatā€™s definitely something to look at, although it begs the question: why did it ā€œworkā€ albeit with problems on amanā€™thul-anubā€™arak? Surely there were transfers there too, itā€™s not a minuscule cluster, itā€™s big enough to be high pop now.

Only counts raiders and mythic+ players nothing else.

1 Like

Update 24/7: We are encountering some issues that are preventing us from performing the realm connections mentioned above for the time being. We will let you know when we have more information to share regarding their implementation.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

2 Likes

@Thyvene: Thank you for keeping us informed even though the news was not that goodā€¦ hugs

Iā€™d like to hope the connections get finished before pre patch or scrapped, cause considering how aggressive theyā€™re being, seeing the eventual result post connected realms is gonna be very important to know if the AH mount is worth (for one with gold on almost all realms) buying for 5 mil before pre patch or hoping for less after, cause as the realm situation is paying less than 5 m seems very reasonable on several realms, but if they make 25-30 megaclusters I doubt it will.

@Esploratore: It is possible that I miscalculated slightly, but I think the minimum remaining number will be around 75 to 78 instead of the current 121 or soā€¦ and it might be higher, if they are less aggressive.

@All:

German forums have also received confirmation on problems.

Oh, yes, I noticed about german realms, but how do you expect so many realms remaining?

Iā€™m curious to see what kind of population you expect on each cluster, I took blackhand move as an example to get a cluster with 15k people on wow progress, and doing that you get like 40 overall clusters in eu including russians, Iā€™m guessing you think many realms will end up in clusters much smaller than wow progressā€™s 15k?

@Esploratore: Wellā€¦ I will try to explain. :slight_smile: In theory, if Blizzard played dictator and just shoveled people in where they fit (including forced transfers), they could CURRENTLY manage with approximately 40-42 realms. But there are at least six major problems with thatā€¦ 1. Nobody likes being forcibly transferred off their home realm. 2. There would likely be no Italian realms left and some of the German and French realms might also get connected to English ones. 3. The resulting realms would likely all be ā€œFullā€ and almost all of them would have queues (during prime time) as my estimate on prime time concurrency peak is in the 250 000 to 285 000 players range and 40 realms could only fit a maximum of about 240 000 CCU. 4. In relation to number 3, there would be zero space for returning players at Shadowlands launch. 5. Some of the RP realms would need to be converted to normal ones. 6. EU / Russians ratio and Russian / realms ratios are not divisible by 6 000, which would compound problems 1, 2, 3 and 4.

In short, Blizzard can not push the number of realms too far down or there will be many other types of problems and no room for Shadowlands launch.

2 Likes

Can someone explain to me why there are problems? I donā€™t really understand it. Merges happened in the past and not so long ago now. Why are there issues now and not then?