User Interface Action Bar Issues

We have a couple of known issues with Action Bars that we’re working to quickly fix.

• For some players, upon login, action bars 2-8 are unintentionally disabled on all characters. Players in this state will have to manually re-enable any of your extra action bars through Options > Gameplay > Action Bars. Pre-existing keybinds and spells should display with the re-enabled action bars.
  • New characters’ (level 10 and below) spells on the Action Bars may not save on logout. The same issue may cause some existing characters to have all spells wiped from their Action Bar on logout if they do not create a new loadout.

We intend to fix these issues as soon as possible.

Shocking news.

10 Likes

Ruh roh. No logging out then!

Fix [Taking From Nature] achievement. Multiple players lost “burning ascent” progress on it.

If only there was a department that could have done some Quality Assurance…

9 Likes

I can confirm that they do. “Should” is always a little scary in these contexts!

Hoping that more add-on authors will update their addons as I had several that usually work through client updates, but that now “cause many errors” and hit the performance.

Well this explains why I have to setup all the action bar contents on my newly created alt each time I log out. Looking forward to hitting level 10 so I do not have to continue with that each time.

Does it mean we can create a new loadout and then switch back to our old loadout to prevent the bug from happening on old characters?

I’m having this happen on a level 17 pandaria remix character.

I can however confirm that the proposed fix DOES NOT work!

I’ve created a new layout and just added the 4 remix keybinds. Logged out, back in, all gone.

Created another new layout, this time a character specific one, repeated same steps, same thing - all empty when I log back in. And now I have a character specific layout with NO option to even remove it, nice…

Edit: Just to add another experience with the same character - tried respeccing into Prot, did talents and filled up the action bars. Logout/Login, everything is there still! Change to Retri again, action bars are emptied instantly. Add some spells, back to Prot, prot spells still there, back to Retri, another woosh and spells are gone.

So, it seems to be specific to one spec of one class, in my case. HTH in the extremely remote chance a dev actually reads stuff from these forums. :slight_smile:

I have this issue happen on my level 41 paladin.
So its just not level 10 or below…

1 Like

I had this on a (now deleted) level 18 paladin doing remix. Stupidly, I thought I’d just go and play prot whilst retri was f’ed up, and forgot about the bug (only when in retri did my action bars reset), and when I joined an LFR instance, i got switched to my retri build, left with no keybinds and by the time I tried to set a couple, I was dead already. Not impressed.

Deleted that one, created a new one (it was only level 22 or 23 by then, no big loss), and don’t have the same issue on the new one, but the camera constantly adjusting is driving me nuts to the point I don’t feel like playing WoW at all at this point. I’ve been through EVERY single expansion and pre-expansion, and this one reminds me of Illidan: You are not prepared… And indeed, I wasn’t prepared for so many F’ups by Blizzard. I will probably stick around a little longer, I’ve prepaid 6 months not long ago and also pre-bought the expansion, but if quality continues to go downhill and turning something that I use to relax a bit into more of a frustration than fun, then…

Sorry for the rant, and yes, I know it is “only” a game and it’s “only” pre-patch, yada-yada-yada, but when you’re trying to relax a bit after a busy work day and get to this, this game is NOT fun at all at the moment…

1 Like

Why did you break it in the first place?

1 Like

Is that for me or for Blizzard?

Christ on a bike hope you didnt break it X that would be a bigger patch break :).

2 Likes

Sorry, it’s hard to get humour when one’s trying to vent some steam about a broken game. I get it now. And TBF, I don’t think Blizzard needs any help to break things - they’re quite good at breaking things that were just fine before…

2 Likes

One way to keep people in-game :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I just wish to add, this is not only logout… I also had this when you get changed into a zombie in the “Battle of Dazar’alor” raid…

Just want report my experience.

Character promted for the " welcome back gift "

Scenario 1: Chose a spec to use the gift = the chosen spec has issues with retaining spell placed on action bars.

Scenario 2: Decline the gift and log in = all specs has issues with retaining spells placed on action bars.

Also have experienced actionbars resetting after using a portal.
My guess is that any sort of boost / gift service triggers this.

Almost all characters on my account are currently having the issue. ( a lot of chars )

Still not fixed. Nice pre-patch Blizz.

3 Likes

I’m encountering the same issue with a new character that I used a level boost on to 70 from level 2 on retail