Video driver crash in World of Warcraft with AMD video cards (7900 XTX) on DirectX 12

I’ll come back to wow if they compensate me 1 year sub, as game has been in trashy state for longer then a year, do not wanna compensate me fine i won’t resume my sub.
Do not think you owe me compensation ? lol keep dreaming, if been complaining about wow issues on AMD hardware since before the expansion even came out.

Can i play yet Blizzard or am i a lost cause ?

2 Likes

Insane how long this has been going on by now without Blizzard taken any real action of fixing it…
I didn’t think highly of blizzard but this is a new low for my expectations…

sponsored by nvidia

1 Like

That’s why WoW is only supporting FSR and FidelityFX right? :slight_smile:

6900XT here. Haven’t had an active WoW sub in quite some time, but I thought I’d log in on a lowbie alt.
That is, until the game refused to load, and I had to kill the process with Task Manager.
At the time of writing, I can only get the game running under Direct X 11.
Sad to think that when I first bought this card, WoW ran fine, and was actually a shining example of good support for AMD cards.
What happened??!!

It might be unrelated from the issue seen in this thread.

The issue that WoW won’t load at all or seeing a black screen for more than 15 seconds when starting is something else. It helped just waiting for some minutes and don’t killing the task. It worked for me after like 2 minutes of waiting and the issue was gone.

I have same issue today with newest AMD drivers.
Switching to DX11 solved the problem.

1 Like

I have same issue.

Switching to DX11 solved the problem for a short period.

I get intermittent frame crashes and it pauses, reboots so to speak and continues. Frozen screen.

I have run the game on super low graphics to just be stable… and that might just be wishful thinking.

1 Like

Still no reply from Blizzard…

1 Like

For me, it’s a problem with RDNA 2 and 3 graphics cards. The 5000 or Vega works without problems.

Even if it were just an AMD thing (which we don’t know yet), Blizzard has to collaborate with AMD to solve this problem that has been going on for a long time, since the AMD graphics market has grown a lot in the last 2 years and every time There are more users who use AMD graphics to play

1 Like

Im back, DX11 not solving issue at all. For me clearing shaders cache helping for a little of time. Most crashes i have in SoD WSG, beside crashes there is flicker in textures that’s make it crash faster, so i’m 99% it’s on client problem not drivers, since in 95% outside world there is no flicker etc, and other games are totally fine

People are having issues with top end cards…
The game runs horrible on my 4080 rtx…
If your not having issues before and are now… I would revert back your GPU drivers and see if that helps…
The game is very poorly optimized… My CPU utalizes at 28% but my GPU is at 100%…
But thats WoW for yah…
PS: You might have to upgrade to windows 11…

That’s all-core load and the more cores you have the lower it will be, as WoW goes up to 4-cores only.

2 Likes

Played for 4 hours.

Was in duskwood and textures started flashing in horizon.

Then the crash occured.

7900xtx on intel CPU with ecores lasso d

If your GPU is fully loaded, how is that bad? You are GPU limited.

I am running the game in 4k…
Gotten use to it and forget…

New year, same bug. Would be nice if at least blizzard showed up and admitted this is an issue.

Stopped getting this and then it started happening again. Having to go back to DX11 but the performance is horrendous

They did acknowledged this, but they didn’t provided an ETA regarding a fix, or if a fix is possible.
An update on this would be great though.

2 Likes