Void elf Customization are revealed!

asked for what?
you think you just gave me a dressing down or something?

this has completely taken the uniqueness of the belf aesthetic away,
its now not unique in any way shape or form, beyond what? a hair colour which you’ll inevitably get anyway?

Apparently we have completely different views, and that’s ok .

But since you don’t wanna scroll up, I’ll copy and paste it here.

They will.

just because a few hair colors are added to void elves, Doesn’t mean the Blood elves are not unique.

Blood elves customization is much more. Heritage armor is unique. Eye color For blood elves can be green, yellow, or blue. For Void elves, it’s only blue and purple. So The usual high elf stuff.

So far I haven’t seen anything blood elf added to them. It’s just the usual high elf styles. Blood elf’s still have unique hairstyles, body jewelry, Tiara, earrings, etc.

More classes for the blood elves: Paladin, demon Hunter.

Racial city of the Blood elves is Quel’thelas, meanwhile for Void elves it’s a black rock flying in space. Isn’t that unique enough to distinguish them?

Blood elf Racial: Arcane

Void elf racial: Void

Voice emotes? Different.

So really they are different, a few hair colors and skin colors won’t make them the same :rofl:

Not to mention Velves go into void form when combating.

1 Like

you’re missing the screamingly obvious point I already made - taken the aesthetic uniqueness of the race,
its not like the nightborne where its a different stance and shape - its literally the exact same thing with minor unnoticeable things,
granted the void form is the only noticeable thing about them, the only thing that clearly sets them apart from belf now and even that is momentary and during a time nobody is paying attention

I’d probably never wear it

thats not a visual thing. I think to me and most people that take issue with uniqueness it comes down to what you can do on the character creation screen and not things like lore.

2 Likes

I get where you are coming from. But… at the very least they aren’t 100% the same. The stuff they gave Void elves are just High elf stuff mixed with Void. Nothing taken From the blood elves. If blood elf hairstyles were given to the Void elves, I would be totally against it. But that hasn’t happened yet. Hair colors are a different story, because people asking for black hair are doing so based on the Emo/goth aesthetic. While people asking for blonde are doing so because of Alleria. That’s it…

If racial, capital city, some customization, class choices, and hair colors are different (which it already is) then that’s different enough.

It’s totally not the same as the pandaren issue which shares 100% the same customization, same racial, same capital continent, same voice emotes, etc.

1 Like

no its just completely taken the racial aesthetic,

high elves(blood elves) are not pandarens, they’re not a neutral race designed to be that way

I am firmly against blizzards acquiescing to robbing the blood elf aesthetic 99.99R% in the name of compromise for the few, yet, extremely vocal alliance high elf fanatics

3 Likes

Racial only applies because of the void stuff which is good.
Capital city no one cares about.
Needs more than “some” customisation differences
Class choice isn’t a big thing unless its your own class
hair colours fall under customisation but its good that there are differences there

Look I’m not going back and forth with this topic. I’m just going to end it with a note: Customization is the only thing I’m excited for in Shadowlands, especially the High elf customization for Void elves because it’s something I’ve always wanted. To see that people are actually hating on it is fine… but to see people actually wanting it to be removed really breaks my heart. Why can’t we be happy for our customization? At the end of the day it’s optional and you can choose not to choose it, but many people want it just like me.

I don’t even want the blonde hair. I just want black hair and normal skin. You can keep the blonde for all I care, but it’s really sad that even the skin colors you guys want to take it away from us.

1 Like

Thats rather melodramatic
But then again this whole topic is

High elf fans need to get over themselves and their wants.
Those of us that think those options shouldn’t be added need to get over ourselves.

Its coloured pixels at the end of the day. It affects nothing.
This whole thing is so stupid.

These forums really aren’t good for my mental health :stuck_out_tongue:

its because you’ve literally taken those things from the belfs by demanding and insistence.

the amusing thing is this has been going back and forth forever until blizzard caved and gave you everything that set the blood elves apart aesthetically

blizzard has a massive challenge in order to redeem themselves from this in the eyes of many of us,

i’m alliance and i find this a joke

[edit] and i get that you aren’t as die-hard about the whoe high elf thing as the others are, but seriously where does this acquiescing to compromise end?

a high elf name tag and paladins?

1 Like

If it’s just pixels then I don’t see why your putting so much effort in added customization, but okay :smile:

To me I’ve always loved customization. I role play, I PvP, I PVE. I do everything in this game haha.

I also spend many time on customization when it comes to the sims.

At the end of the day, if more customization makes us happy and love our characters more, than it’s not a bad thing. For all I care Nightborne can ask for Night elf skin colors and eye colors. I wouldn’t mind.

Too bad it’s not an argument anymore.

I don’t mean it like that.
I mean sure looking how you want in the game is nice so I get wanting that.
Wanting what you have to remain unique to your faction is the same.

But really what I mean is its so over the top for this fight over these pixels to have been going on for 2 and a half years. (the modern version of the fight)

Its not worth getting heated over on either side of the fence.

Sorry if I came “heated” in any way. That’s not my intentions. I was just showing how much I love the new customizations. High elf fans usually ask for too much: racials, Hair styles, separate allied race, etc.

I’m more a moderate fan: I just want my skin to be normal and a black hair to match the Goth style. So what I’m asking is pretty much already in the reveal. I don’t want anything other than that, besides the black hair. So I’m very open to the idea of making blood elves and Void elves different, so long as the new skin colors don’t get removed. One way of keeping them different is for the blood elves to keep their blonde hair. While Velves get gothy colors like black. That’s just my opinion.

I didn’t mean to imply you specifically were getting heated, just that in this thread and others like it people most certainly do. I’ve even done it before (more than I like to admit)

As you said higher up in the thread (or sorta said) this conversation has a way of getting very cyclical. Only with more anger each time it take a loop :stuck_out_tongue:

You already know I’ve got no issue with your request for black hair. Ignoring the high elves completely its a total fit for void elves. The emo elves wielding the powers of darkness, hair draped over one eye, can’t have black hair? Thats a total missed opportunity.

1 Like

i’mnot denying that either - Void Elves should totally have black hair as an option,
play to their identity as Void infused Blood Elves,
the goth/emo look is exactly why my Shadow Priest is a Void Elf

1 Like

What I was thinking of doing is to choose the normal skin tone, blue eyes, and Black hair (the one covering the eyes) would look great on my warlock. Personally not a fan of the blue skin, but to each their own.

I’m gonna turn voidy anyway when I combat.

At least the void elfs have some shades of blue/green that are tinted so dark you could pass them off as black

1 Like

Yeah. If black hair wasn’t added, I could always choose Dark blue. It’s passable.

It would be nice, since High Elf Paladins are a thing in the Alliance.

Honestly, the correct solution is to merge Void Elves and Blood Elves and make them like Pandaren, with the full customization options available for both factions.