Void elf Customization are revealed!

I don’t think the Blood Elves would allow Void Elves into their home, as they can literally destroy the thing they need to survive by just touching it.

It’s no different to the Blood Elf Warlocks and Demon Hunters and Death Knights that already exist in the Horde though. Kicking out the VElves was always pretty flimsy.

Also, why do people say Void Elves can “destroy” the Sunwell? Alleria - who is different to other Void Elves, as we know - touched it, and it wasn’t destroyed, but rather its power was hijacked by the Void Ethereals to open portals into the chamber. Those same Void Ethereals that we’ve already defeated in the Void Elf recruitment scenario, btw.

They’re enemies of the state, traitors, a biological hazard.

Topper McNabb would be more welcome there.

Topper McNabb is too classy and high-brow for Silvermoon.

Well, those guys can’t destroy the Sunwell as easily.

She’s still a Void Elf. And her touching it caused the Void Ethereals to appear. We’ve got nothing to support that the same thing wouldn’t happen if another Void Elf touched it.
And even if it didn’t, it’s 100% understandable that the Blood Elves wouldn’t take that risk.

Also the Void Ethereals haven’t been hunted to extinction, they’re still out there. As well as a lot of other Void beings that could potentially use a Void Elf near the Sunwell the same way Alleria was used.

For PCs, they weren’t, but there’s such an overwhelming Alliance High Elf presence across multiple expansions that Blizz undeniably built up interest and demand for this to be the case. I say that there’s a strong case for both customization options being made available to both sides, to be honest.

Frankly, I don’t know why they just don’t tell the Void Elves “you’re magic’s dangerous, but just don’t go near the Sunwell.” Silvermoon and much of mainland Quel’Thalas is pretty far removed from the actual Sunwell. But I guess the quest was somewhat rushed and they had to think of something to boot out void-corrupted Blood Elves instead of just utilizing the Alliance High Elves that had been in the setting for years.

1 Like

Poorly written plotlines are Blizzards specialty.

Though personally I like the Void Elves, so I don’t mind it this time.

A lot of the Allied Race recruitment quests have been atrocious.

Lightforged was generic, memey, relied entirely on re-used assets and contradicted lore.

Void Elves and Nightborne were just “You’re Alliance/Horde now because the script says so”

Mag’har was the worst by far, a complete disaster of a story, contradicting itself, contradicting the theme of the Mag’har, contradicting the lore of Eitrigg, and finally it was also full of bugs.

Dark Irons was okay.

Vulpera proved their worth to the horde by asking the player to do basically all the work for them while they sat back and chilled.
I think Kiro is the only one that actually did a single thing to help.

I am all for normal skintones and I would LOVE white hair for my character BUT I want Blizzard to NOT forget that they are VOID elves and as such, in future customization, more eyes and tentacles are what we should have, not general elf options.

1 Like

Orcs were killing Draenei left and right before they came to Azeroth, so yeah that doesn’t make sense.

The high elves were (in some cases; ARE) part of the alliance.

There’s this thing called verisimilitude.
It’s an important thing in games and movies and series and such. Look it up, if you don’t know what it means. :blush:

1 Like

I’m sure they are coming. They said Allied races will be focused on later on in the expansion. So core races first.

The only reason they showed some Velf/Helf customization early was because they planned on giving Blood elves blue eyes.

And an army of Humans and Dwarfs was set to slaughter a bunch of Blood Elves back in WC3.

The story can be retconned to justify anything.

Everyone slaughters everyone in this game lol. Sylvanas has slaughtered her own people many times.

High elves were even sent to slaughter the blood elves in Dalaran after the bombing of Theramore, then resulted in a big fight in Pandaria.

An army of Lordaeron Humans*. The Lordaeron Humans who are now The Forsaken.

It’s almost like Blood Elves in the Horde never made any sense and was strictly a means to get people to play the extremely unpopular Horde faction…

Kirin Tor humans* and Ironforge Dwarves* in addition to that yes.

And they make plenty sense to every person that has moved on from the days of WC2.

This is what we should get for void elves, instead of general elf options:

https://pt.wowhead.com/news=316225/fan-made-allied-race-eye-and-skin-color-customization-concept-art
1 Like

And the Kirin Tor aren’t Alliance, so not sure what you think that implies.

No evidence that the Dwarves are Ironforge Dwarves either, since there was a large Dwarven population in Lordaeron.

This happened in WC3.

But I expect too much of you, assuming you can count that high.

I like the one on the right.

The N’Zoth eyes and “partial-corruption” skins for Void Elves are amazing. Sadly they’re probably a bit too cool for Blizzard.

1 Like