War effort : will blizzard change the content?

Hello guy ,

As most of the farm is done on many servers , is a change of quantity or components possible ?

1 Like

I wish it was, but I doubt it.

They claim to want to recreate the experience yet delivered what we got.

Having people stock up on all this stuff beforehand does not replicate the experience, but then again same thing can be said about the raid mechanics and so on, however they did announce you can not transfer to complete the questline during a 90 day period, so they might be changing things up.

1 Like

I hope, the arrogance of some guilds with that is not fair. I got my revenge already with some , that will be my finest hour :uk: if that’s happened

why would they change it?
People have known for 15 years what it takes to open the gates. And this time they dont want to spend 2 weeks doing it. They want it open right away.
And they can do that because they have all the info on HOW

Yes true , so why have that event ? Can we have the gates opened directly ?

The content that you guys are complaining about is 10 NPC’s standing in capital cities accepting materials. thats it, there is nothing more.

You wont miss out on anything if it is completed ASAP, or if you really wanna contribute to it, you can farm it right now and hand in the stuff when it opens before it is full. handing in the stuff will take a long time just in sheer amount of clicks you need to do to hand the stuff in :stuck_out_tongue:

Everything else wont go away after the war effort is finished, except for the ability to get the legendary mount, which is shockingly only for the most hardcore players out there, as it should be.
You can still do the scepter questline even after the gong has been rung, the only thing that is not possible to get is the mount.

So i really dont understand all the complaining about the war effort thing.

The war effort was unknown and allowed everybody to farm , today a lot of guilds has stockpiled everything and want to open
ASAP …

Yea, but whats the problem with that? You also know the materials required, whats stopping you from farming it now if you really want to participate?

I still don’t understand the fascination with this event. I mean, from a lore perspective, sure… but from a gameplay perspective, you’re just farming some mats the same way you’ve been for months - except that now you’re handing them to a few NPCs in capitals in exchange for a few greenies.

The only part of the gate opening that is actually worth reliving IMO is the scepter q chain, and nothing stops you or your guild from trying it if you’re up for that. But the war effort as a whole is just gathering stuff in the outer world and give them to an NPC until their quota is filled up.

So what would you do to prevent that from happening? Change up the required items to be handed in and not telling anybody beforehand? Because other than that there is literally no way this could have been prevented, people called the fact that the war effort will be done within a day on high pop realms way before classic launched.

Exactly, and adjust the amount relative to the server population differences.

Thats a pretty stupid thing to do, youre gonna piss off so many Classic purists that way.

1 Like

Pretty sure most people gave up on that when they decided to not give us talent & spell progress like vanilla patches, but gave us this abomination.

And yet you still play it and are invested in it. Idk about you but if I call a game an abomination then I usually dont invest any time into it.

But… what is the problem with the war effort being completed fast exactly? What do you think you are missing out on?

1 Like

i dont care. im not a roleplayer nor trying to get world first so i wont do anything with the war effort

So many people want to change the war effort, however noone seems to be capable of explaining why its a problem that its being completed fast.
Like the OP in this thread who dissapeared after i asked the question. And i doubt he will return to answer it.

2 Likes

i guess the point is if it is not changed then the war effort effectively started with the launch of classic

Aint that the same with everything in classic? We have all the knowledge that we can get about every aspect of the game, from leveling routes to gearing choices, to consumable needs to raid strategies to raid composition.
Everything, why should the war effort be any different than the rest of the game?

Thats kind of the reason many people wanted classic, and the reason private servers were so popular, everything is mapped out, there are nothing thats hidden. Of course, not everybody does obviously, or else we wouldnt have threads like these.

One of the big reasons are the classes, you can pick a class, and never be afraid that it will be nerfed to the ground, unlike retail.
I played a rogue on BFA launch, i think the class went trough 5+ nerfs in the first month, so i had change spec and regear over and over. That was not fun at all.