Warfronts Lorewise 8.1 ?

now now lets wait for all of them before we start deciding who wins, after all would we really want to win darkshore only to loose say Mulgore or silvermoon?

If it helps, I am also willing to argue that the Horde had their major victory during the War of the Thorns (if you consider the outcome a victory, I usually argue that it was a rather empty victory) while the Alliance, and esp. the Night Elves, lost quite some territory (Ashenvale, Darkshore and Teldrassil).

The Horde, in turn, lost parts of the Tirisfal Glades and the Ruins of Lordaeron/Undercity.

But that doesn’t really matter, I don’t want to talk about it in numbers - the important issue is that the Night Elves have literally lost everything except a few settlements (incl. Feathermoon Stronghold, not sure what its status is). And I am not arguing that we’re ‘compensated’ for the three zones I lost. To continue my argument…

It’s not about ‘punishing’ the Horde, it’s about giving the Night Elves at least something in return. War is not about fair play, but I find it fairly ridiculous that Night Elves have only been losing since Cataclysm (a few victories in Ashenvale of course, but that’s about it) and even lost the last remaining parts of their territory. And that’s the only thing I ask, getting Darkshore back so they at least have a small part of their territory back.

4 Likes

Amani Trolls for the Alliance.

Salami Trolls for the Horde.

8 Likes

Confirmed! 10 characters required

pays for faction change

1 Like

That’s why I play Horde.

2 Likes

Sethrak for the Alliance to make diced Vulpera!

#Alliance Warcrimes

Oh wait, it was feared Vulpera and the (sane) Sethrak (presumably join us.

2 Likes

Anyway Night Elves use on the battle of Darshores all their heroes. They also send not only sentinels but also all the powers of the nature. They also send Wardens. Priestess of the Elune get baffed by the Elune, so soldiers also stronger than usually.
In other words Night Elves send everything this race has. Totally everything.
And Worgens are helping them.

While from the Forsaken side we see only ordinary Forsaken soldiers. They do not use blight, they do not use Sylvanas, or Valkyrs. In other words, Forsaken are not sending all what their race can.

If Forsaken will lose this battle, this will be first ever Night Elves victory against Horde. But they will have an excuse - “There was 2 enemy races, with God Mode, on their lands. While we didn’t send all we had”.
But if Night Elves will lose Darkshores for the second time, they will have no excuses, because they sent everything. This will be humiliation.

Lordanel is literally swimming in blight…

Why they should do it, if they have the ability to raise the corpses of their enemy? They just doesn’t know that the will of the NE is much stronger as they thought.

Mission table are non canon.
A lot of thing they said is not in line with the story.
It said NE retake a lot of their land (Including Darkshore and Ashenvale) which is not the case in 8.1. Blizzard stated that the Darkshore Warfront will start with Darkshore in the hand of the Horde, thus negating the mission table.

Blizzard was very lazy with the mission and they probably just wrote them quickly without considering them canon.

now now lets wait for all of them before we start deciding who wins, after all would we really want to win darkshore only to loose say Mulgore or silvermoon?

Sure, it’s only the beginning of thix expansion. There is a lot of data and event we don’t know that could change our vision of thing later.
Blizzard may even not decide any winning faction regarding warfront and let them pending forever.

IMO on Darkshores must be NE victory. Because Night Elves send all their race with all their heroes, all their leaders, and get buffed by Elune. + Worgens. While from the Horde side not all the forsaken forces were send. Sylvanas is not joining the battle.
If Night Elves will lose that front than this will means that NE are the most weakest race in game. No excuses. But if forsaken will lose, than they can say that mostly NE was fighting against undead NE.

I disagree. The night elve need to lose again, learn from that defeat that they will never be able to retake their land and move on.
And I don’t see how they could win with just Ne and Worgen army while facing the whole Horde on a now Horde territory… Close to 4 Horde major settlement able to send reinforcement (Orgrimmar , Thunder Bluff, Bilgewater harbor and Echo Isle)

If you remember, Blizzard plan to have each faction with their own continent. Kalimdor and Zandalar for Horde. Eastern Kingdom and Kul Tiras for Alliance.
Silvermoon and Exodar being the only exception to the rule, and even that could change in the end.

The fact that each faction will have its own homeland is probably the reason why the peace or truce will be able to last in the end. Because everyone will stay “at home”. It mean for NE to move on and accept defeat. They have Val’Sharrah, they can help Gilnean to retake Gilneas and live with them. Or better, they can stay homeless and savage like we first know them in war3. (I hate that night elve became lesser high elve during Wow)

That’s what Blizzard is probably trying to imply when they say “In the end, each faction will find its own place”.

And for me it mean :

• Alliance must lose every Kalimdor Warfront
  • Horde must lose every EK Warfront
  • Sethrak will not join the Alliance as they live on a Horde continent.

Of course, I can be wrong, but it seem clear enough to me. We will see.

3 Likes

Yeah, someone was like “Hey, lets write imaginary scenarios and put them in-game to confuse people, just because.”

6 Likes

I honestly think there’s is no way they can finish this story that can be satisfying and fair to everyone. But I guess such is the way of things.

SIDE NOTE - I’m able to post on this character now but at this point I think I will stick with Veorra :joy: finally got my laptop working so I can play WoW again yay

5 Likes

They’re not imaginary scenario, almost all are just copy/paste story from Cataclysm quest.

I don’t agree tbh, for example

As a night elf I don’t remember questing through Azshara and sabotaging that big a*s cannon in an awesome way.

5 Likes

Yeah, no. They only recycled the Barrens portion from what I have seen.

4 Likes

They wouldn’t have put the effort to write out the missions if they are non-canon.

They are canon until stated otherwise.

And not by you but by Blizzard. So get over it.

4 Likes

Probably only receycled the barrens part in order to Set up for a possible warfront there :slight_smile: makes sense

EDIT - since I have WoW back I feel I may as well give my bnet out to some of you as I’ve made friends and enjoyed speaking with u all so if y’all wanna add it too to discuss Lore feel free! :smiley:
Jayjay#2307

5 Likes

I don’t agree tbh, for example

As a night elf I don’t remember questing through Azshara and sabotaging that big a*s cannon in an awesome way.

Mmm, yes may be. So may be they are canon but those about Darkshore and NE land are retconned in 8.1.

I don’t think so. Tyrande just rallies the guerilla forces present on the field. She arrived from Stormwind on a single ship, she can not transport an army.

The Darkshore Warfront is turning a guerilla operation into open warfare.

3 Likes

No they are not, Tyrande didn’t pull her army out of her *ss when she came on a single ship.

There is no retconning of the mission table. And the parts what are under Alliance control are not in the revamped area. Can you point to me one part where it goes against the mission table?

4 Likes