Warsong Gulch Exit Portal Removal

In approximately two hours, we will deploy a hotfix to all WoW Classic realms that disables the exit portals from Warsong Gulch. Thereafter, players who need to exit the battleground will have to use the other means of doing so: /AFK.

We’ve seen an increasing number of reports of these portals being used in unfair ways, and we feel that taking this step eliminates the potential for unfair gameplay while making no change to the intended, legitimate flow of the battleground.

As always, we really appreciate and value all of the player feedback that raised the issue. Thank you!

24 Likes

Gj !
)
Next step, AV exploits !
Looking forward :heart:

2 Likes

Not fair for locks #nochanges

3 Likes

what the f are you talking about, exploiting ppl out of the BG is the shtest thing anyone could possibly do

4 Likes

Good job Blizzard.

Mixed feelings about this. On one hand I’m against changes that should be solved by PVP, on the other hand I’m also against random casual scrubs getting denied ANY honor by being MC’d out. They should at least be allowed to get the 1 mark for losing :confused: :frowning:

So this means you will take actions against all the bots standing afk on graveyard yourself yes

3 Likes

No ur thinking of lying that gnomes pvp me i can take 1v80 gnomes mohahahahaha

3 Likes

Thanks. More good changes!

2 Likes

Great change, please address Black Lotus Problem next, thank you

You do realize that ppl will find the next exploit to annoy others with?

So far all of the “exploits” that have been “fixed” have been known private server and vanilla features.
#changes #handsoff #goaway

1 Like

So they removed something that needed no fix, because some plebs cry on the forums? What about the terrible server quality. If you want to fix something fix that.

4 Likes

lying that’s what you do when you say you can kill one gnome by yourself let alone 80

Nah they removed the portals because priests was griefing players in an unreasonable way. Killing players by jumping off mountains and swimming out in lava etc is fine but having them walk out of a battleground is not.

7 Likes

That’s pretty silly. I’ve never played priest but harassing players with MC is a fundamental part of the class fantasy.

4 Likes

priests was Mind controlling enemy players and get them out of WSG during vanilla, i personally made tons of ticket regarding that and Gm’s back then was replying with “that’s part of the game, avoid getting mc’d…etc” & portals was never removed.
so what i see now from current Blizz is…if tons of players report any issue? it will be changed ?!

1 Like

Maybe, I dont care enough about it but I guess back then they were able to take more risks and now they are more in survival mode:p

1 Like

Yeah agree. None of the people in my guild do it or have had it done to them, but it’s so stupid to remove this “feature”. What happened to all the “wonky quirks” that people were so in love with from vanilla?

It was pretty unknown until people came whining on the forums about it. /shrug

4 Likes

I’ve never hung around those portals, I know the risk!

Edit: been MCed off of the ledge in 1k needles though. That’s pretty funny.

1 Like