Wastewander humans

I name every single Kul Tiran character and NPC I can as Dutch and there’s nothing you can do to curb the spread of Dutch Tiran RP

9 Likes

You can name your human any name of any language. I think Lorewise it would fit anyway.

I think Arab names are beautiful and deserve some love.

Boys:
Ziad
Hamad
Nasir
Rashid
Jassim
Saud
Jabir
Salem
Faisal

Girls:
Farah
Ameerah
Ameena
Noora
Sarah
Yasmine/ Yasmeen
Lulu (nickname of Lulwa) meaning “pearl”
Dalal
Reema
Layla
Mariam
Jenan
Haifa

here is my Wastewander OC if anyone is curious. Gave her tan/brown clothing since thats the typical outfit.

https://i.imgur.com/NS1KG1B.png

5 Likes

Back in my day Booty Bay was still a human port.

what happened anyway? i was not here or didnt pay attention

2 Likes

Arabian and Persian names the only ones I’ll acknowledge as being on par with my native Welsh. Love 'em.

1 Like

Ayyyy :fire:

Are Welsh names Celtic? I love Celtic culture and language.

1 Like

The Welsh language and its culture (historically) is very celtic, yeah. :fist:

1 Like

Tall Tirans

Good because that’s what Blizzard should’ve done, too

1 Like

They did name some Kul Tiran NPCs with Dutch naming conventions + Stormsong valley is full of windmills so that’s lore justification enough for me to spread this

there’s also spice traders in Boralus so you know

2 Likes

ready to wage an eighty years-long war against the spanish conquistador NA Kul Tirans

1 Like

that’s actually how kul tiras gained its independence from gilneas in moon guardian fanon

1 Like

Given we used to be quite the seafarers in our time, that is honesty pretty dope! Could you give a few examples of names you gave 'em?

I think Kump is referring to a Tanaris- or Uldum-born human we used to run into back in Stormwind, who kept insisting upon it. Far as I know said player is still around on alts too.

1 Like

Brekker and Dreesen are a few I’ve used, though the keen eyed will know it’s me smuggling Grishaverse references into RP. The nation of Kerch - where said characters in the series are from - is heavily Dutch coded as a capitalist mercantile nation.

My main character’s surname is also de Vries since a few Dutch friends of mine told me it’s a Very Dutch Name, though she doesn’t go by that on the Mainland to keep her work (fighting the occult which carries a stigma) separate from her family. Drustvar is a very superstitious land. Every time she returns home, she goes by de Vries because visiting home = break from occult adventures.

Few other NPC names I’ve dropped casually are Lieke, Famke, de Haan, and I wrote a short story about a book my character was reading (and the reading session being rudely interrupted) called The Cold-Blooded Murder of Willem Geerts, the first volume and origin story in a detective noir series Detective Vergen set in Boralus - my character largely prefers Kul Tiran literature because the place names mean something to her.
A friend asked about the plot updates IC as my character kept reading so I ended up writing a detailed plot synopsis for the sake of immersion for this made up book!!!

Every time I need to name drop a Kul Tiran NPC in a passing, I make up a Dutch name for them, and I try to smuggle the spice trade meme into RP as often as I can. It’s very profitable, you know.

3 Likes

De Vries is a name so Dutch it’s the provincial equivalent of being named “the Dutchman”

2 Likes

It took me a while, but finally created some lore for my OC

you can find her on Argent archives: Ameerah Sandsong

cheers :clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

It just works

p.s. for those whose characters read books IC, I can post the synopsis of The Cold-Blooded Murder of Willem Geerts, a murder mystery detective noir set in Boralus.

4 Likes

im done creating the lore for my character and you can find her story on Argent archive.

should there be any problems lore-wise in what i wrote, please let me know :smile:

and thanks everyone for the help!

as for the surname, i went with Sandsong since when i visited them in BFA uldum, majority of them have the surname sand or scorpian or something of that note.

cheers :partying_face:

1 Like

You wouldn’t believe how many times I’ve had my dark skinned human paladin been asked “where are you from” after it was mentioned he was born in Lordaeron.

3 Likes