“where you from?”

“Gilneas”

“yeah, but where you really from?”

“… Gilneas”

“okay, where were your parents from?”

“Gilneas. Why is this so important?!”

8 Likes

This entire sketch.
Except the Norf RPers are being deadly serious.

3 Likes

Where are you from?

Asian human: stormwind

where are you realy from

parents? or grandparents?

not pandaria?

Asian human: sigh… do i look like a Panda?

1 Like

“Hearthglen.”

For the love of god, please don’t make use of the San’shami headcanon language

whats that?

The same guy/group that roleplays Uldum as a massive human Sultanate Empire styled as an extremly stereotypical Agraba full of slavery and erp also made their own language for it. Its just copypasted “Arabic”. (I know there are different dialects and languages entierly hence the quotation marks. )

3 Likes

It’s a player-designed argot (a dialect that doesn’t quite qualify as its own language) made by a community whose roleplay does or did centre around Uldum. The wider community – or, at least, the forum community – views it as problematic.

I don’t know why Valley worded it in that way, as though assuming you would be using it without external advice, but I’ll chalk that down to an oopsy in communication.

4 Likes

Wow that’s very wrong.

I’m Arab and I would never think to do something like this. I plan to Roleplay a Wastewander by doing lots and lots of research.

If anyone is curious, you can find my OC on argent Archives (Ameerah Sandsong) where I created her whole lore following the wow lore provided to us.

Cheers :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Saw you looking for a Southwest Asian-esque set and thought this might be worth checking out:

It has a desert-y, minimalist feel to it with the beige/sandy tones.

Add this underneath and you’re good to go.

2 Likes

Yeah my bad on that one, wasn’t jumping to the conclusion that they would but appreciate you clarifying.

Either way, good luck with the wastewander concept OP :+1: I enjoy the desert zones so I’m always glad to see folk trying to make use of the lore etc. that comes from it

A little update for everyone.

I was able to obtain majority of the Wastewander armor, almost copied to perfection.

i did not like the face covering however, and instead went with a flower crown. there is a storyline behind why she wears a flower crown, its all in Argent Archives. but i might change it later if i find a better head gear.

https://i.imgur.com/e2189z5.png

special thanks to Gabrindion for the advice!

and thanks to everyone as well. here is a heart :heart:

7 Likes

3 Likes

Ptooey! I spit on the new Wastewanders. Caliph Scorpidsting was the real chad leader of the gang. Shun changing your ways. Support being a crinkly bad guy.

On the subject of niche groups to roleplay, I gesture towards the Blackthorn Bandits who are 100% still out there and not forgotten by Blizzard.

1 Like

But even the crinkliest, wrinkliest and stinkiest of bad guys must kneel before N’zoth and I think that’s part of what makes playing a Wastewander in the present day a bit more interesting. You have these people living as an insular group that relies mostly on each other for survival that get their chance at reintigration and possibly redemption by facing a world-ending threat head-on. Maybe there’s other groups in the Warcraft canon that you can tell that story with, but I feel like Wastewanders probably face the biggest threat.

1 Like

they faced alot of stuff in the past from scorpians, snakes, farraki trolls (presumed) and cataclysm floods.

it seemed like tanaris was a hell for them from warcraft 3 until cataclysm. after that the ones who moved to uldum seemed much happier. “welcome to the beautiful oasis, traveller” they also seem to be proud of uldum, despite living in tanaris longer.

unlike the Alterac humans, the wastewanders turned their hostile and bandit ways around.

1 Like

To be fair, Uldum seems to be a much better place to life (until Old Gods happened), with the (friendly) Tolvir and actual rivers amd such!

1 Like

i can understand them moving. My Grandma’s side was originally from the center of Saudi Arabia. all desert and some palm tree. then the Ottomans attacked, and the food shortened, and villages pillaged, so they decided to move to the south of iraq, where the two rivers meet.

after Saudi arabia struck oil, some went back and some stayed.

cheers :partying_face:

1 Like

This is still canon, and was referenced as late as 2021 in Exploring Azeroth: Kalimdor.

So the mists clearly didn’t stop people from visiting full stop, but it was still effective enough to make Kalimdor a forgotten continent for most people. Obviously, some adventurers or lucky people may have made their way there, but it would not be easy with heavy fog shrouding the continent.

Kalimdor was also surrounded by a mist during this time until the third war, making it hard to visit the continent, getting to land and making landfall/docking is very harsh in heavy fog.

2 Likes

Any relative named Bukayriyah