Weekly Reset Time Changing to 05:00 CET on 16 November

With scheduled maintenance early on November 16, we will permanently change the time of the weekly reset from 08:00 CET to 05:00 CET. This will better align the moment that each week of endgame content ends with the time that realms become unavailable due to maintenance each week.

As a reminder, this is the time at which weekly activities such as raid lockouts are reset, and the Great Vault begins granting reward items based on your successes in the previous week. After 16 November, that time will always be 05:00 CET.

Thank you very much!

24 Likes

you affraid that NA will clear before EU even start to reduced the delay ? and cause drama ? i hope it will happen and you’re force to merge the reset time !

Only Weekly Stuff? Regular Daily will stay the same? Will this also affect WotLK?

4 Likes

Good. It was silly to login on Wednesday mornings and actually have to wait for weekly reset before doing things.

10 Likes

Always, always, or will it be 06:00 during summer time

2 Likes

Exactly. More so when it changes with the CET/CEST transition. At 5:00 (I guess 6:00 during CEST), that should be late enough for night players to not play anymore, and soon enough for people with normal day schedules to be still asleep.

2 Likes

Alas, you remove the day life saving time.

I think it would be helpful to include one’s native timezone while posting. I feel like without that I don’t have sufficient perspective.
My timezone is CET/CEST, same as the current server time.

If daily resets are included, I do not look forward to this. If it’s just weeklies, whatever.

I think it’s too early to us and people with UTC time. Unlike what I’ve seen elsewhere, I find a short window (though perhaps not as late as 9 with summer time) during the morning reassuring – some things are just done better with a fresh body and mind. :stuck_out_tongue:
It also affects websites which rely on human input to provide information, Wowhead included. They already take a long to update and if a bunch of people are still asleep/doing chores, it will take more time relative to reset time to receive enough data. Or would it be counterbalanced by people who are not ‘stuck’ at work yet? :thinking:

I also hope there’s no new half-day midday-based content to jump into. Old God and Maw invasions both switch on Saturday 12 hours from the daily reset, so you have only this much time to catch that day’s rares/dailies/achievements. If that windows lasts from 5 to 17 (or 4 to 16 for UTC), and you happen to work that day, it is nigh impossible, especially with long spawn timers. This might not be as big a deal but if you plan a similar change for US servers who switch on Fridays, it would be very impactful.

That’s it. I am aware that this complaint is particularly ‘Western’, and it might not make sense to people from the locations further East. Waiting for the same events to switch at midnight has to be annoying in its own way. I hope I didn’t step on anyone’s foot :slight_smile:

Well it is said in the title that it is CET aka UTC+1 for the People in Ireland, UK, Portugal and Island who has WET aka UTC it is actually 04:00 or 05:00 during summertime.

05:00 CET = 06:00 CEST

How about dailies?
Will dailies still reset at 08:00 during Winter (CET) and 09:00 during Summer (CEST)? Or it moves to 05:00 (06:00 during summer?) too?
I usually complete my dailies before the reset (around 07:00).

1 Like

So no, this should not affect Daily resets. Not that it will be any improvement as this change makes weekly reset takes place at the same obscure time as the TW end.

Edit: This post was written before the change happened, so I did not knew at the time that the knobheads also were adding daily resets to this change.

Oh nice :blush: I can open the vault before going to work so my colleagues will know the drop based on my mood at work :rofl:

How much is that in CEST?

Only a few Days left and they still have not answered any Questions. How sad

CET is Wintertime and CEST is Summertime.

Works for me. Back in the day the reset was at 3 am. If dailies reset later that’s great. I usually do them before resets. And early weekly reset is perfect. Less waiting.

So this has affected the daily reset time as well, despite the official wording on it only pertaining to the weekly reset time.

When I checked at 07:25 CET the next daily reset is set to occur in 21h35m, which makes it 5:00 CET tomorrow.

3 Likes

What is affected:

• Dailies (didn’t check personally but see above)
  • World quests which reset at daily reset except the one below
  • 8.3 Assault timer (shows until Saturday 17:00)

What is not affected

• Tempting Fate weekly
  • World Quests reseting at other intervals (for example quests which switched mid-day still switch at 20:00)
  • Maw Assault timer

I call spaghetti.

EDIT: The new timer WQ-s are now alongside the old ones – there are 3 pet battle quests in each of the BfA landmasses, for example. Looks funny but I guess it means the inconsistencies will pass once all the old quests expire.