What can Retail learn from classic and what can classic learn from retail post

Pvp is totally epic in classic just like vanilla

I farted pretty hard while reading thisā€¦ and I think I pood a little. Excuse meā€¦ :poop:

Lul where was last time anyone worked together on retail? 99% of retail content can be done solo and is completly non threating.

Retail can learn from classic that (in a garrosh voice) ā€œtimes change.ā€

Retail is less toxic becouse there is no community at all in first place. It is hard to be toxic in game what got rid off everthing what creates toxicity but all those things also helped created community.

Like imagine yourself killing rare and there is chest. So you pull it and some dude comes and steal your chest and call you bad lil noob. Thats toxic. But what can also happen is dude comes, helps you kill rare and let you loot chest. You say thanks for help and he say np. Than he might notice you are warrior and asked yoy if want to go do some WC coz he is looking for tank.

Imagine same situation on retail. You pull rare, you kill rare with or without anone helps it doesnt matter its easy kill anyway You both loot chest while ignoring each other and you both go your way. No chance of toxici but also no chance of creating community becouse there is no way you will ever interact in such enviroment. Which is really sad in mmorpg game.

haha trying to recruit retailers to the classic horde after you got destroyed so hard huh

He was constantly creating weird topics in the Classic subforum, was forum banned few times from what people commented. This may be yet another similar topic of Kork.

Itā€™s way easier to organically make gold/value in Classic than in retail.

Especially 5 min BGs with no HK and just rep/honor farming. Or nearly mono-faction realms with more Horde in Ironforge than Alliance. Or factions colluding in wpvp to farm honor pre-BG era.

In retail majority players donā€™t care how you play and what you do in the game. In Classic many will know better how others should or should not play the game and how the game be or be not.

Yes they dont becouse retail is not mmo game. In retail your gameplay doesnt impact other players which is good for single player games but horrible for mmo games.

That the game is better now and it shouldnā€™t try to copy that old mess.

2 Likes

The 80/20 rule states 80% of players are casual and 20% take it to a more competitive level. WoW started growing content complexity since vanilla and at some point like when LFG was added players of different skills clashed and it caused an Armageddon. It was clear that increasing complexity/difficulty will cater to only 20% of the playerbase so WoW content got layered (although still lacks good horizontal progression for those lower ā€œbracketsā€). So yes, there is a reason so many content in WoW now is single player - thatā€™s what most people play and want to pay for.

In Classic, until end tiers and top ranks the game is way easier, lacks high competitive content known from retail and thus 80/20 is merged for the most part. There are no failsafes and one normal mob can kill you but after that itā€™s a ā€œsimpleā€ game. There are tryhards but either they rage about a boomkin in a raid group or they will chillax as only 20 of 40 need to do anything meaningful to clear the instance (in retail it only works for LFR)ā€¦ but those that will rage about a spec, leveling method, addon, gold making, phase releases, streamer, theorycrafting, loot distribution etc will rage on forums, reddits and so on being sure to tell everyone how wrong they are and how incorrectly they are playing the game :wink: Like most topics on Classic forum and lots of reddit posts is about something or someone wrong or doing wrong.

1 Like

I prefer glyphs to be all cosmetics, but we need more of them.

A great summary - donā€™t think it could have been put better.

1 Like

Paid Character Transfer .

3 Likes

And popularity of classic proves you wrong.

• Open world and solo content being more challening to allow casuals and solo players to experience adventures as well
  • Powercreep in retail is in my opinion way too high and I considered the powercreep in Classic as too high already (retail powercreep is Diablo level which destroys the RPG element and turns WoW into a dungeon crawler game)

Pretty much everything else is worse in Classic, there are too many pointless time sinks, leveling takes too long, loot system is messed up, graphic is outdated and the list goes on. Oh and there are no blood elves in Classic eitherā€¦

No its just not so many allys to pvpwn it up anymore they just drown in Cry river they cried from me that i pvp and never stop gank em little paladin u belong on retail forum with ur spec RETail paladin LOL thats the insult i give u today scroll up to the twisted poop guy and be friend to him (suprise hes ally and not horde MOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

1 Like

They donā€™t need to learn anything from eachother. They are 2 seperate games and should remain as such.

Retail used to be Vanilla. I donā€™t go learning things from when I was 1 year old either. Things evolve

My gameplay doesnā€™t impact others?

Ill remember that next time I tank a mythic or raid I know nothing about . Its okay guys, you will be untouched by any fails I may make!

4 Likes

Not really. Thatā€™s just spinning a narrative to fit your agenda. :grin:

2 Likes

i am talking about world content where most people actualy spend their time.