What do you wish NOT to see back in 9.0?

Realistic geography my ***. Detailed, sure. Realistic? Hell no.

Yeah, doing a real good job at that with all the phasing and teleporting.

You can do all that and simultaneously not making it impossible to navigate. Just look at The Witcher 3 for an obvious example.

???

Questing is way faster today with all the gnarly paths and stupid cliffs than it was in Classic without those things. What are you on about?

2 Likes

It happened then because WoD’s content structure was absolutely awful and half the expansion had been cut due to production problems. It had very little to do with flying, and much more to do with the feeling that there was nothing to do whatsoever.

i may be wrong, but i disagree. didn’t WoD lose the bulk of its 5M subs at the start of WoD? the start of WoD wasn’t too bad at all. i think the storylines were very well done and it was enjoyable generally. it wasn’t till a lot later that we discovered there was a content drought, and the garrison was going to kill most interaction between players.

Ion was doubling down on no flying almost up until the release of 6.2. i would have to go back and check the dates, but i swear that with only about 2-3 weeks until 6.2, they were still saying that 100% there would be no flying in WoD.

1 Like
  • Crafting recipes in mythic Dungeons / raid

• Soulbound crafted items

• Island expeditions

• M+ Dungeons

1 Like

An open world game with a producer that has a specific ethos to take as much time as needed on a game, unlike Blizzard, who have to keep to a release schedule. What a nonsensical comparison.

You don’t understand sarcasm, do you?

People discovered there was zero endgame outside of raiding; just the endless apexis grind, and logging on for five minutes to do your mission table and that was it. Unless you were raiding or dedicated PvPing, there was absolutely jack to do.

Flying was introduced to try and entice a number of players back and stem the flow, not because it started that bleed in the first place; it’s twaddle to think it’s the reason so many people left.

i specifically said it was not the ONLY reason, but it likely factored into a lot of peoples dislikes with WoD.

i have been playing since release of TBC, skipping only FL, ToS and all of MoP. ok, maybe i was “ok” with WoD cause i was catching up with MoP content, BUT i dont remember EVER being this despondent with WoW since the start of 2007 as i am with BfA. so the amount of content at the start of WoD took a while for us to see how bad the content drought would be, BUT we KNEW there was no flying from even before WoD launched.

but back on point, Ion was NOT right to remove flying, and has been wrong about soooooo much that i dont understand why he’s still in the role he is. he doesn’t appear to be a good games director. maybe he was better in the role he did when he first joined. i read he had input with Ulduar, and maybe he should stick to what he used to do, because he doesn’t seem to have the games overall best interest in mind in his current position.

1 Like

All 3 tiers were beyond bad:

Tier 1: Boring quest plate gear! FOR ALL!
Tier 2: Somehow bones are cloth and plate aswell as mail or leather
Tier 3: Let’s find some low ress quest armor and throw seaweed on it!

1 Like

Bone armor is not THAT bad…BUT only for 1 armor type…having same bone armor for all armor types is crappy i agree.

While you crying on the forums for pathfinder and then after 2 days getting are not ruining the game? Im ruining the game because i pointed out you nonsense, makes absolute sense.

You find dumb what is an actual reply we do see that before as you started whining for people that did not go along your “whining” against pathfinder but hey, reality check: People can agree with you and at the same time disagree with you and thats how democracy works forum fuhrer.

Your time worths nothing anyways at least the way you use it, whining 3 days for pathfinder instead of getting it and then asking to pay it.

If you want rewards with no grind, go play MOBA or shooters and stop polluting the forum with your garbage arguments. WoW has been always like this like it or not.

I will reply to you, care or not.

You did it for yourself, I did not read it, hope you had fun wasting your time. Kinda had to read your last reply and it is wrong on so many levels, it makes me think you just started wow in wod or something lmao.

No, again;

You really need to stop replying the tiny bits I read by accident make me lose hope in wow ever recovering from it’s darkest hours.

Ogod you make it so easy for me, I did everything I could: FOR THAT DAY. As you might not know, because it’s very complicated: RETAIL WOW IS TIME GATED. So I have plenty of time to do all the braindead chores for the day AND complain on the forums.

Pls stop it, this is torture to my sanity, you have no clue what you’re talking about, and frankly, nobody agrees with you. Seems like I got baited by a troll, nice, you got me, now get on with your life, troll.

You did not read it, yet you reply to it. Ok im enjoying you now xD

It was always like that, even when you did not have to grind pathfinder you needed to grind a sh load of gold or buy it from the chinese, just because you probably bought it from chinese sellers as you buy tokens now that doesnt mean it didnt came through grind.

You reply to yourself now? Indeed these are the darkest times.

From WoD and beyond everything was gated. Live with this, if you dont like it MOBA or shoters.

When you whine about MMO’s grinding you have no sanity at all.

Yes you said that last time but when 3-4 answered you the same way i did and grounded you off your high whining horse you started insulting everyone.

Im answering you because youre posting. That is not baiting, when you state your opinions in the forums expect others to answer.

Ye I got baited by your troll replies. It’s either that or you’re a shill. Seen from your forum activity – 1300 posts in bfa forum alone… And of course you done over 5000 brain dead world quests – yet you somehow manage to NOT get the “Two Sides to Every Tale” achievement, something a lazy pleb like myself has, which hints that you have NOT unlocked ALL allied races something I’m very close of, so you do in fact not know what you’re talking about. Kthnx. I go sleep now.

Only quote I take, nobody lives with this, wod dropped to 5M subs, legion to 3M and BFA according to machine learning has less than a million unique players lmao. So ye you’re indeed the only person with like 5 others that enjoy the modern direction of wow. I’m happy for you, really am, but nobody else cares as generally speaking we (as in the majority that left) find retail trash.

The sad state of reality you live in is not trolling mate.

What else did you check? At least i whined in none of those posts like a spoiled baby.

You know that counts legion’s WQ’s too right? :joy:

Why would i play gnome faction? I left them during WoD because besides from a few nice people ive found alot of spoiled crybabies like you. But you should check all other BFA achievs i have and you dont have, might explain you how i spend my time playing WoW.

BFA had 14.6 m sales, around 12m active subs. I dont know where you dig out your stats but they are really wrong.

If its trash stop acting like a snowflake on forums and quit it, but you wont and hers the reason why: You dont want to play it, just whine about it.

War/titanforge, random sockets

Endless AP (or w/e name) grinding

Current class design and talent trees

Lack of legendary gear

Homogenized gear appearance

Gear being spoon fed to us

Congrats OP, this is I think one of the best posts ever. <3

1 Like

Yeah but it lasted all of a month or so, and then there was nothing to do.

It was basically Legion with no world quests and no M+. I hardly need explain why that’s awful, do I?

The updated numbers came out about 2 months after the expansion. Yeah, it was a flop. Not entirely up-front, but close enough really.

What happened to soon™? This is Blizzard. They’re working so much with soon™ they haven’t released a new game in 4 years, let alone announced one lmao.

It’s not non-sensical at all. They’re both open world games, and I’m actually asking them to make it less detailed or make it bigger, or both. It’ll be less time per square mile.

Apparently not.

I don’t want to see:

• titanforging and random sockets;
  • infinite progress item like azerite neck;
  • anything like azerite gear;
  • pathfinder;
  • any kind of scaling in the open world.
3 Likes

the reality is nothing of this will go away

because everything you listed boosts MAU. and artificially slows you down and makes you play more.

For me this is the main problem. This should be eliminated with 9.0

1 Like

I agree on every point except the weekly chest. Don’t mind that, but the rest I completely agree.

Part of the reason I don’t like bodyguards is that I don’t like pets. They have a tendency of standing on top of whatever you try to click… Always. I often try to outrun my pets/bodyguards so thst I can click on stuff before they manage to place themselves on top of it.

Simple question, simple answer - sharding

3 Likes