What happened to content when levelling? Game is empty and boring

i thought we are talking about classic wow, vanilla leveling is different beast, i wont ever ever try it because it seems shadow bolt spam rotation is not a joke at all.

old content disappeared too kekw

This made me laugh… but sadly it has some truth to it :wink:

2 Likes

I have been levelling in Nagrand with a warlock and comparing retail -v- TBC classic, tbh retail wins.

It was nice being in a guild and chatting, (during TBC) but after Classic many guilds were planning efficient levelling and getting though a massive list of attunements quickly to get to the ‘good stuff’.

In retail (solo) it is chill and I am able to get into all the elite areas (more than once) and get my quests done without begging others to help, or feel pushed to spam difficult dungeons in a never ending treadmill for gear upgrades.

Levelling in Nagrand was quiet but felt immersive, running through the long grass, beating up ogres, feeling tiny near massive clefthoofs or zooming by them on my flying mount.

Switching between ground and air mounts simply for fun and immersion.

Getting Outland engineering slowly levelled and working towards making the bits for a Turbo Flying machine.

(It took way too long to get a flying mount in TBC which badly impacted everything, and I never managed to make the flying machine I wanted).

So no, I don’t want Blizzard to turn back the clock on retail and wreck levelling through older content.

Interesting, because how you feel is quite the opposite to me.
I want it to be hard and take time, that I have to plan a careful route around mobs,
maybe not be able to kill something harder without a plan, join or make my own guild for group content or just meet some like minded players.
I want it to feel like a milestone to have reached level 10.

I want the dungeons to be slower, not rush through.
I want to have class quests and plan ahead and work out how to get that special weapon /item so I can finally go head with what I wanted to do.

I’d love the dungeons to have Dungeon Sets and for them to be the content that are hard but more accessible. I’m happy for the raiding to be for the selected few.

I want to be able to be a master crafter and hunt for that special recipe that only drops in a certain Dungeon by a certain boss.
I don’t want the DPS to have healing spells but be masters in cooking and fishing instead, the Healers not to have high DPS but be NEEDED in the dungeons.

That you have to apply a STRATEGY for your character to get through the game rather than everything being on rails as it is now.

I wonder how many there are left with my view of how how it should be?
:dracthyr_shrug: :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

This designer team? Are you seriouse? For long years its the players complaining about leveling taking to long. In Shadowlands one top topic was that leveling would take to long, the players wanted it even faster! Players got what they wanted now. It comes from the players that they want as less quests, story and NPC-talk/text as possible. Ofc this has drawbacks.

On the classic servers many players want this buff as perma-activ, every second not at endlvl is a wast of time for them. Enjoying the journey to the endlvl is not a valid possibility in many players eyes.

Dont blame the designers for something that most players wanted and some still want, the newest generation of wow-players want nothing less that starting at endlvl.
How twisted are you in your mind for blaming the designers and devs now???

I don’t think its most players.
The most vocal and listened to maybe…

4 Likes

I think the problem I have is that for these players the game starts with raiding, for me, that don’t do raiding, the other part of the game that was challenging and satisfying have been moved on to raiding and the rest of us have been left without a game that fills this criteria. A game that you could do at your own pace but still retained a challenging environment.

All in all, that means that players like myself that are unable to commit to raiding is left without a satisfying game.

I’ve recognised that and will be moving on. I think I clung to a memory for far to long and I have to face it, that it is just a memory and it’s not coming back. Even the Classics have been infected by the new type of mindset among players and doesn’t compare with the original IMHO.

3 Likes

To be fair zaralek was good until blizzard change how rares work
i still don’t understand why would they do such a thing
korthia was miles ahead wheen it comes to do somethign interesting
I found people in korthia farming rares in when ZM came out and i found them there even during Season 4
we can’t say that about ZC right now because patch is still current and people are gone

3 Likes

I have to admit I get the impression the people that enjoy levelling are the minority. Most see it as a means to an end.

However I think if they made a hardcore mode WoW many would see a challenge in that and try it.

:100: :100: :crown: :crown: :100: :100: Great post and agree

I alrdy made a thread about this early in DF. Game is raid / M+ or die atm.

Also sad, because anyone who just does M+ at +2 or higher has, from a power perspective almost ZERO reason to engage with anything in the world.

I used to love the world content in Legion and BFA. Gave me something to do between the more stressful M+ / raid / PvP content. There is no reason for me to engage with any of it now though. So I either do M+ or raid or do nothing at all.

Korthia redemption squad RISE UP!! RISE UP KORTHIA APPRECIATORS. MEN / WOMEN OF CULTURE :crown: :crown: :crown: :crown: :medal_sports: :medal_sports: :medal_sports: :crown: :crown: :crown: :crown:

4 Likes

if theres i think theres problems with the pipes as well as the sink and the plumbers around… ill probably ask him to have a look :rofl:

They managed to make legion so i am kinda expecting the same level of effort going forward.

Kinda enjoyed collecting the mounts and cosmetics from korthia when it became a little less crowded. :innocent:

Korthia was fun to dabble around in, the fact it had sockets attached to it made it an abomination for those who’s only reason to go there was to acquire those sockets.

Why does everything has to turn into hardcore?

Does the game not have World in the name anymore?
I really believe if it continues like this, is not the same game as Legion/Bfa and real casuals/solo are not welcomed unless they want to do +20s and mythic raid cause unless you are hardcore you don’t deserve anything good not even leveling.
Strange times…

2 Likes

Not everything has to be hardcore, nor is there any implication that everything should be.

I’m not sure what you think ‘world’ implies. WoW is a game. Not everyone likes to do the same things in WoW. That’s the great thing. There is no right way or wrong way to play it. So if someone is fed up with questing in the open world and have seen it all or if simply never had an interest in it then you can level other ways or do a mix.

Once you reach end game you have a wide selection of activities you can do. Not everyone will want to do them all. Some love PvP, others Raids, some like M plus, some like open world content like WQs and events. Some like to RP, some just want to raid log. Others will endlessly level characters. Some like to collect and will build up vast collections of toys, mounts, transmog, achievements etc.

Personally I am bored of levelling. I have 60 chars plus all the ones I’ve deleted over time. Most of which are level 50-70. I have seen every quest, done every storyline many many times. There is nothing fun about levelling for me. It is just what I have to do to get to what I have fun doing. People are all different.

Legion would have been fine if it didn’t have the grind for AP, BfA continued the make you play metrics. I never want to see a system like that again. You log into the game and before you could do any activity you actually enjoy you had to do a list of chores or your character fell behind in player power. DF is a breath of fresh air in that regard. I log in and enjoy my time in game.

No one has said there should only be M+20s and Mythic raiding, or that no one else is welcome. However equally you’re not going to get the same rewards for doing open world quests as you will do for doing challenging content. That’s only fair. I don’t need the same gear on my alts as my main. They mainly do open world stuff and the odd LFR.

We are very different and as you are advocating for what you want and like so am I.
I liked those systems btw,I had something to do,now there is only 1 day a week,it s boring.
You are not casual nor solo,you can’t understand.
So back to leveling,I for one liked it,I don’t want to play a instanced game.

We see the players who like levelling sometimes. They’re called alt-o-holics when they don’t use boosts.

They are VERY rare though.

2 Likes

You don’t get to decide what I am or am not. I do play solo. I do casual content. I also raid, I also do M plus. One does not exclude one from the other.

And ofc everyone is just advocating their opinion, that’s how discussions work.

Lol I love that you call it Go-Go that’s so funny. I don’t like Go-Go either I think it’s a curse on humanity.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.