What happened to Night ELF RP?

So I’ve been away for some time due to the bastard we know as COVID-19 but i came back online 3 days ago to RP and the Nelf hubs are dead there’s literally no one around, I’ve checked each night and there’s been no one about

What has happened to Night Elf RP???

2 Likes

teldrassil :frowning:

2 Likes

There is Dirge of Teldrassil, active every day but from what I know not sticking to one hub. Vashava has been hosting Lunar Festival in Moonglade lately and plenty of night elves shown up, guilded or not.

4 Likes

Nelf lives matter.

Check out the Seeds of Kalimdor discord!

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/rp-discord-community-seeds-of-kalimdor/247244

Feathermoon is usually a hub but it somewhat varies, people are often out campaigning in other parts of the world!

Here’s a useful thread for lots of things Night Elf-related on AD as well:

8 Likes

Demon Hunters & Pigtails ruined Kaldorei RP! Don’t @ me!

In reality, honestly it’s varied over the years, but I found many lost heart with the burning of Teld. As how Kaldorei were near depicted as useless, whilst fighting in their own grounds. And the fact it can still be outright depressing to RP a Kaldorei at this time, as- basically, they still only lost everything recently, grief is very much a thing. And whilst it can make interesting RP, it can be very sad and hard to Rp as well.

3 Likes

I have come back recently to notice that the normal hubs are really quiet. There is the presence of the Evernight Aegis at the moment in Feralas, but not seeing some of the normal face I saw last year. I will try and be about, but feel free to shoot me a whisper if you want to RP as I am looking for the same also.

1 Like

The Dirge of Teldrassil has been going strong for years now, really carrying the night elf RP atm go check them out

3 Likes

The Kaldorei community is still going strong. Myself alongside Vashava from Dirge of Teldrassil only a few weeks held the Lunar Festival event which had hundreds of attendees.

I wholeheartedly reccommend Dirge (Even if they do smell IC)

Teldrassil.

A slightly memey answer, and while I maintain it was an incredible way to shake up the status quo for Night Elf RP, the shoddy handling of the resulting story (focusing primarily on Saurfang, one of the perpetrators, rather than any Night Elves, with their subsequent narrative developments restricted to books and Tyrande in Shadowlands), definitely turned a lot of people off. This is partially because… Well, bad storytelling, but it also forces a narrative onto your character. That narrative isn’t a bad one (given it applied to my Night Elf characters while I still roleplayed them), but…
Your character now needs a very good reason not to be constantly pushing for vengeance against the Horde and for Teldrassil, a goal which will probably never be achieved given the glacial rate Blizzard updates the main world.

Having a goal which your character can never achieve isn’t really for everyone, I guess. Some people like it, and that’s fine, but it’s not for everyone. It wasn’t for me, at least.

There are still a lot of Night Elf guilds around, though I do think the community has definitely diminished somewhat. I can personally speak very highly of Mandala’dor and Nightblade Sentinels from when I was still involved in Night Elf roleplay.
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/night-elf-rp-mandalador/238981
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/%E2%B8%B0%E2%98%BD-the-nightblade-sentinels-%E2%98%BE%E2%B8%B0-anu-kalimdor-%F0%9F%8C%99/19730

16 Likes

There usually are some night elf roleplayers in Feralas, I think.

Maybe the hubs in Val’sharah can be used as well?

I hope you’re doing well now, then with no lingering trouble.

1 Like

Would say it is a combination of different factors:

1. OOC disagreements & grudges splitting the community for a while now
  2. Splits caused by the story (think peace advocates vs. characters pushing for vengeance), so a pretty volatile IC mix
  3. Treatment of Blizzard, a good example is the above mentioned by Damoiselle, where you sort of have to pursue the vengeance arc on most characters, but at the same time see Blizzard completely neglecting that part and seemingly steering straight into a forgiveness arc for the Horde (while nelves will forever squat in Stormwind)
  4. Lack of good hubs that aren’t too limiting.

Just overall a lot of disheartening things mixing in night elf RP.

4 Likes

Still plenty of night elf roleplayers around, just scattered. What comes to hubs, there’s not currently a regular presence because of guilds going about on their own adventures outside them, and nobody hosting recurring events in the settlements or bringing visibility to roleplay happening there that in turn would draw more people in. It tends to be a snowball effect.

I think the Mandalador are currently in Ashenvale and staying in Astranaar between their events. Also recommending checking out the links in Adelais’s post.

10 Likes

Plenty of Night Elf rp around and guild options too, hubs at present are primarily Feralas - feathermoon and a smaller one at Estulan, some at the ruins of Isiliden.

There is also some nelf rpers within Stonetalon and yes Ashenvale though that hub is reduced of late. The thread linked earlier:

Gives a good representation of the current activity.

And worgens.

1 Like

Is “I just want to have a normal life away from all the violence and suffering” a good enough reason?

That said, it’s basically what you said. The War of Thorns irrevocably shattered the night elf RP scene as it existed before BfA, since at least Wrath, when I got into it. Both Darnassus and Astranaar had been consistently popular RP hubs until the BfA pre-patch, and their loss for what feels like an arbitrary plot twist for shock value may be disheartening to some.

I agree about the forced narrative. It forces your character to choose a side, and whichever one you choose, it will leave the other side angry. I’ve roleplayed with both pro-vengeance and pro-peace night elves, and putting both in the same location would be a powder keg waiting to explode.

Add to this OOC feelings of betrayal from Blizzard, tiredness of seeing night elves treated as punching bags from expansion to expansion, lack of trust in them giving the night elf story any justice further down the road, and the uncertain lore status of much of Kalimdor after the Fourth War. Is Ashenvale reclaimed? Would occupying Astranaar be lore-breaking? Does Windshear Hold still stand? The list goes on.

And speaking entirely for myself, the reasons my character doesn’t rejoin the night elf RP scene are part IC and part OOC. IC, she thinks (rightly or wrongly) that she wouldn’t be welcome back home after the choices she made during BfA. And OOC, my late timezone limits me to RP that is active during my waking hours, and the Kalimdor hubs, most prominently Feathermoon, generally aren’t.

5 Likes

This is the Way

5 Likes

The night elf refugee storyline is a very underplayed and cool way to RP current events

2 Likes

@'s you repeatedly.

1 Like