What happened to player attitude?

But should be no more tolerated. Look, I’m from an age where the be tough or die trying was the attitude but to be honest, f*ck it all - it is what it is and why should anyone break a sweat trying to fit in

Edit: I didnt do the quote properly and I apologise to the poster for that

I find it very similar. After all, a lot of players in classic are returning players from vanilla.

You can find sometimes the usual retard. But I think that as we’ve grown older we’ve got better strategies to deal with these ones.

Nowhere did I state It should be tolerated. Don’t cut a part of my post to nit-pick and change the message in it.

What I said is people didn’t change, it was just back then people were toxic outside of nerd comunities, meanwhile nowadays gaming (ie. nerd comunities) became mainstream so all the toxicity flooded with Chads in.

This is false. You can’t be anywhere near the player that gets initial aggro, but you can loot the chest if you try to open it at a later time while he’s fighting. Try it yourself and see.

1 Like

I think that it has always been like that. Most players will only do things that benefit themselves in some way. And i dont think that there is anything strange about that to be honest.

People have changed. Society has changed. Consider the fact that when Vanilla first came out, iPhones didn’t even exist - neither did social media, really. The world has a lot more unfriendly, narcissistic people in it now than it did 15 years ago, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Well Jeez I did try it, and anyone who tried to open a chest near someone actively fighting could not open a chest.

Life’s what you make it, the only absolute jackass I’ve met was a lvl36 rogue whilst I was running Scarlet Monastery a month ago.

I met one at 60, a guy I previously knew from a private server. And given my past experiences with him, I already knew he was a rotten egg. I grouped with him because I thought “maybe 6 years is enough to change somebody”, turned out I was wrong.

I’ve met some bad players, but that doesn’t bother me. I’m perfectly happy having bad players with great attitudes in my groups. A bad player can learn, but a jackass will always be a jackass.

1 Like

It changed over the years. No, they weren’t like this back then - not like they are now. There were, of course, some…even then, but you’d rarely come across one.

Now it’s more like 9/10 are. They all feel like they’re ninjas for being able to do stuff they couldn’t do 15 years ago, so they act accordingly.

Activision screwed up by choosing to release wow in this … “patch”, when everything is just too easy. They should’ve released the vanilla version, with no spellpower/healing gear available and all those things, so dungeons would be challenging once again.

Because everything is so easy, every idiot feels like a proper grandmaster. Because there’s no incentive to befriend good players, nobody needs to do it. They can all act like complete @#!@!$@! because why not? Not like they stand to lose anything by doing it. There you have it.

I think it may be a better idea to simply cancel and wait for BC realms. Unless, of course, they screw those up as well by releasing them with badges of justice and welfare gear. Wouldn’t surprise me.

3 Likes

These bastards, man.

I think switching to the new engine ruined most of the game. So many bugs that are engine bound that were not in vanilla but are in this version.

If they kept the old client and engine at least it would feel like vanilla more than now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.