What is a lot of gold? - warband bank

Im buying all mats from AH, nothing is gathered.

I have enough gold to buy them all but I think 100k is already in rip-off territory.

Couple of hundred WQ to open a bank tab? :dracthyr_lulmao:

2 Likes

Why must there be a paywall for the banks?

5 Likes

Thankfully alts and making a personal guild are a thing, and paying to unlock all tabs on a personal guild only costs a fraction of the price.

Most I ever paid for something was the Yak. 120k.
That was half my ā€˜earningsā€™ then. Was wel worth it. Anything above 100k is expensive to me.

Sure you can easily farm 100k a weekā€¦
But wait, itā€™s not that easy. It takes many hours/days.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll upgrade a tab if and when itā€™s needed and not then. So probably stick to one tab and go from there. None of this needs to be unlocked immediately.

the last one straight up makes little to no sense for an average player considering most average players if they bought that fifth tab would probably never see that type of gold again in their entire lifespan.

Youā€™re basically paying 3mil+ gold for a guild bank that you can summon around the world where you could buy all the Guild tabs for a fraction of the price with probably more inventory space.

I sometimes think blizzard make these decisions in hopes people buy tokens to buy these or to get people to buy gold from 3rd party sites to sink it out of the economy at this rate, they talk about trying to get away from the high end guys and give back to the average joe but it seems their starting it off really badly with that pricing.

1 Like

Cost of all the tabs: 3,626,000g.
It being completely broken on release: Priceless.

I remember when people used to defend the wow token with stuff like ā€˜just donā€™t use it if you donā€™t like itā€™ and ā€˜it wonā€™t make any difference to the gameā€™. As if they were going to become gold sellers without also creating a market for buying gold.

4 Likes

1-2-3 are reasonable and most people will buy them.
4th one wonā€™t be bought by most people but stillā€¦ a good portion of players with time will probably make the purchase.
5th, only a minority will buy it.

butā€¦

1-2-3 will be enough for most people (like 1-2 tab for crafting materials / 1-2 for warbound items or random useful items).
4th might be useful if you play a lot.
5th will be useful for a minority of players.

If I had a choice, I would put the cost for the last 2 tab at 250k and 500k, butā€¦ I can understand the price. Letā€™s not forget you can craft from it / put warbound items in it / put your gold so your characters have easy access to it from all realms. Guild banks donā€™t have ALL of the perks the warband bank have, and itā€™s a one time purchase EVER for all your account. Itā€™s QoL, if you donā€™t want to use it, you can instead mail warbound items, or use guild banks for crafting mats.
You just have to ask yourself the value the perks and the QoL bring and stop to the appropriate tab for you.

Not sure if Iā€™ll buy the 5th one, donā€™t think Iā€™ll have the need for it. Iā€™ll mostly use 4 I guess (1 craft - 1 warbound items - 1 random useful items - 1 battle pets stuff)

Depends on who you ask. Generally speaking, if the gold you make covers whatever activities you want to partake in, then you have a lot.

I was devastated when I found out that the total gold I have accumulated on my entire account since its creation some 19 years ago is less than what an AH goblin expects to make on a good day.

Iā€™ll get the 3 tabs definitely. The 4th tab is a massive stretch and Iā€™ll get it only if there is enough gold inflation from World Quests and other activities.

Itā€™s right up there with apologists going to great lengths to make excuses for the cosmetics store when it started with charity items and the sparkling horse. Itā€™s just a couple cosmetics, itā€™s just a charity item, surely itā€™ll never turn into a massive cosmetics store in a subscription-based B2P game!

Itā€™s concerning how many people actually ate up the ā€œcombating gold sellersā€ excuse ā€“ mostly because many of the same people also have voting rights.

The fact that you can buy gold with real cash is questionable at best and anything introduced that costs a considerable amount gold will drive up token sales.

1 Like

Just go into the service channel and see what people charge.

Iā€™d say most people/guilds make a few Million per day.

2.5 Million will be nothing for any one investing any proper amount of time/effort into the game

Come on, 2,5 mil gold is easy.

Just buy few WoW tokens.

ā€¦ or for the same price you can buy Dawntrail, newest expansion of critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV that has a free trial, and includes the entirety of A Realm Reborn AND the award-winning Heavensward expansion AND the Stormblood expansion up to level 70 with no restrictions on playtime?

3 Likes

I have all the gold to buy all the tabs.
I will however never in my life pay 500k let alone 2.5 mill for a bank tab.
I can manage with 3 of them.
Blizz is nuts asking that amount for a banktab.

1 Like

I usually hover around 500k to 1 mil in savings in this game. So yeah, its much and Iā€™d say the same if I had more. I could probably use all these tabs for all my reagents for the alt army. I wonā€™t get it at that price though.

I play other games as well. So nah, not wasting my time on playing the AH game (I donā€™t find fun in it) or doing the same thing over and over for gold.

This REALLY is super annoying Blizz. If I knew this before hand I would have 100% NOT bought the expansion and skipped this oneā€¦ And future expansions as well if they did the same. I would just quit the game in general.

And in future expansions; please do NOT tie any and I mean ANY form of progress to gold again when you sell gold this is beyond despicable. Selling gold in general such a bad thing to do bad for the game and the communityā€¦ the original excuse yall used where this was supposed to fight gold sellers has been one of the BIGGEST lies told by Blizzard to date.

Of course information like this gets released WAY LATER than yall offer the game up for sale. Starting to wonder how legal all of this actually is and yall have motivated me enough to start talking to some people and do some researchā€¦ So will be back soon! tm!

1 Like

Itā€™s a vanity gold sink of very questionable value.

Most people will never manage to fill the bank slots from the first three ā€œcheapā€ upgrades.

There isnā€™t even an achievement for unlocking the Warband Bank, let alone the 3,125,000g investment for the other tabs.

Do you really think anyone is spending ā‚¬120-180 on two bank slots?

To add; on 2 bank slots they are never going to use in the first place.

I would consider it predatory if there was an achievement attached to unlocking all the slots, but there isnā€™t even that for incentive.

1 Like