What is the easiest role among the three

Dps is faceroll easy in BFA, every single spec.

I say tanking is the hardest because you have the most responsabilities.

Healing depends a lot on the group. If the group is good they will avoid most damage and use their defensives, so you will have an easy time. If they are bad and take all damage to the face then it’s going to be a lot harder.

:sleeping: yeah no. All dps specs are easy, there are some specs that are easier than havoc and BM. For example MM and frost mage.

Opinion. Just like mine ofc.

…nope, can’t let that slide, sorry :joy_cat:

Have you done the healing role in a high stress environment such as mythic raiding? Have you done it with a group of people who may or may not be geared for it and haven’t done this boss at this level before? Have you done it when 7/20 people don’t know the tactics but aren’t admitting it? Have you done it when one of those 7 was you?

Because what you actually do as a healer this situation is:

• stay out of mechanics
  • interrupt/stun/knockback if you are able
  • use your best output skills

…oh, but that’s what dps does. Ok, so, you do the same job as a dps player, but also:

• high speed whack-a-mole
  • make choices so’s to heal where you have to, then dps where you can because in hard content, your extra few % damage might make the difference
  • triage multiple players who got badly injured by the same mechanic. You have one GCD to pick which one needs immediate help and which one(s) are most likely to save themselves or at least live until the 2nd GCD. If you haven’t chosen by the time you read this far, one of them is dead. Even if you did, one of them may be dead.
  • manage your mana because it’s limited and insufficient for nearly every encounter; you need to plan when to use a potion of Replenishment and/or Lucid Dreams such that you get the maximum benefit
  • fight technical issues such as Shad’har’s fixate debuff not actually being a ‘debuff’ that is tracked on raid frames, despite it being something you can and absolutely must dispell
  • sacrifice your own survivability and gameplay by talenting things that boost other players’ and gimp you
  • remind the group when to use defensives, because they really won’t if nobody tells them

All of this while continuing to do the three things that dps do and splitting your attention between everyone in the group including yourself.

Outside of combat, you will also:

• take the blame for failure in every pug you ever run with, even when it was an interrupt issue and you don’t have an interrupt
  • realise that most M+ affixes sum up to “the group takes more damage” and it’s on you
  • develop a strange sense of responsibility for these utter morons who flail around in front of you and press buttons to see the big numbers. They’re kind of cute, in their way…
5 Likes

Who are you talking about? :eyes: :sweat_smile: :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

DPS, especially ranged, have it easiest. Easily. No contest.

Tank is the hardest role.

Depends. On everything except current m+10 and up, I’d say tanking is the easiest. I found as a tank I have to deal with much less mechanics than when I play DPS. But on m+10 as a tank you need to have knowledge which others aren’t really required to have and you need to know dungeon paths that aren’t obvious at all.

In terms of game play difficulty, they are relatively equal. Dungeons and raids are designed so that everyone needs to perform his role and tactics.

In terms of personal responsibility, tanks and healers are much higher. A 5 man dungeon group only has 1 tank and 1 healer, if the tank/healer dies or doesn’t know tactics, it has high chance of failure.

Depends…

M+ - DPS > Healer > Tank
Tank needs to lead group properly, there’s no second tank to help you if you fail. Same with healer. Dps CAN stop dps to do mechanics, while healers usually can’t.
Raids - Tank > DPS >= Healer
There are healer fights, and there are dps checks. Tanks have mostly “taunt on X stacks” fights.
PvP - DPS > Tank >>>> Healer
If you’re not resto druid then one interupt can lead to your death.

1 Like

Definitely, tank role.

You forgot “having a God complex”

U have pvp on? Why are u green​:smile::smile:

DPS I guess. The rotations of most specs this expac aren’t exactly that complex anymore.

I would say the healers.

Because at higher keys their role becomes pretty much almost useless. Everyone knows how to avoid unnecessary damage, so they become low grade DPS most of the dungeon XD

At higher keys a good DPS means success. However good/bad healer will not matter much.

1 Like

In raids the easiest is the tank.
All you need to know is where to make the boss stand, what to kick and when to taunt.
The problem is that this also makes it the most boring: During the Hive mind on LFR when I was tanking the boss that is not moved I had trouble not falling asleep. On higher difficulties one just needs to dodge a cone that is all.

On that same fight the damage dealers need to constantly switch to adds, stack them, focus priority adds, dodge banelings, spread for echoing void and of course maintaining an optimal rotation.

Verdill above nailed how the roles change in difficulty based on the content

Depends on the player. Depends on the class. Depends on the content and level of said content.
With there being more DPS options, it’s bound to be a fact that one of the DPS classes will be the default easy mode, such as BM hunter.
This being said, I loathe BM for it’s bordeom factor, it’s not engaging at all to me, so I find it hard to play, not because the spec is difficult, but because I just hate it.
I find Druid tanking the easiest, but I know others who hate druid tanking.
I’ve always had a max level holy priest, since vanilla, I like the feeling and flow of holy, yet others just can’t enjoy it or play it effectively.

Healer is a stressful role as you need to compensate for the stupidity of others. DPS often ignore a mechanic, tanks might miss their block in their rotation, they might just get clapped and not be able to do anything about it. This is most obvious in PvP, where all the stress is put on healers to not just keep themselves alive, but everyone else while most of the time in randoms dps just don’t know how to peel.

Objectively, DPS is the easiest. Ocassionally kick, and hit it very hard. Avoid graphics that spawn, unless they are graphics to be soaked. DPS have the easiest ride, their job is to just hit a thing, where as tanks need to make the thing hit them and healers need to hit the thing while healing the party.

What is hard about following MDT made route, and just doing the rotation of the tank? Just because people are afraid of tanking doesn’t mean it’s hard. Healing is much harder, since healers cover for tank and dps mistakes.
I tried to tank in season1 and season 3 a bit and I found that increadibly borring and unimpactful. Pull the pack, smash some buttons, keep def buff up, go to the next pack. Hard indeed.

Tanking in raids, and ranged dps in dungeons.

In dungeons if tanking is too easy, you just pull more and push it to limits. In dungeon its 30-40 minutes constant focus and cd rotation, in raids its few minutes preplanned etc etc. Raid tanking is fun only during progression, then it becomes too easy once you geared up.

If healing is too easy in raids, you remove a healer and add more dps.

1 Like

It’s funny, because most of you saying dps is easiest can’t even do 100k single target :roll_eyes:

I only play heal so i think heal is the easiest :stuck_out_tongue:

But when i would only do this as a healer then i would have been left in a King Rest coffin.

Not to be the devils advocate but would you be able to do 100k single target with their gear and specs? :roll_eyes:

Yes though being a truly good dps (maximizing damage done while minimizing damage taken) is not easy and it is easily observed by spectating the average LFR/dungeon group

1 Like