What is the easiest role among the three

So basically dps is the harder because if they move they can’t pad meters?

Or the skill lies in setting up yourself with a certain build and gear that allows you to not die the moment your “press cd” wears off.

Dps death mostly is a damage loss, longer fight, but if the pull was done correctly, the tank will manage and will just take longer.
If a tank screws the pull and pick an extra pack when has nothing available to survive the hit, it’s a wipe.

Teams like this are the point of the game, imho. I’m not interested in padding the meters and trying to jump into some guild that’s already at mythic N’zoth - I want to spend the next 5-6 months before SL working through it with my guild. It doesn’t matter that we originally planned to stop at heroic, and we seem to have plenty of time before SL.

Which is why whenever threads go up about how terrible pugs are, my answer is always “join a guild”. I’m not saying blag your way into a hardcore guild where everyone’s amazing - I’m saying find some people you get on with, like hanging out with, and train each other to be better at the content you like doing. Learn, adapt, and evolve together. That is the point of an MMO :slight_smile:

Even though I did show up to last raid having read up on the wrong boss. I’m not a very good example of a mythic raider :joy_cat:

1 Like

gives you a pair of :eyeglasses:

better now? :laughing:

3 Likes

Awh, we are not terrible, just… special :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I honestly do not get why we should pick “the easiest role”. And even less why so many instantly scream “DPS”, or even more specific ranged dps.

None of them are particularly difficult to fulfill, esp not if you have played that role for a while.

I feel like it’s more like; the worse other roles are being executed, the more difficult yours becomes.

DPS may be easy, but the impact of having bad dps cán be bigger than having a bad healer. A mediocore tank can be pulled up by a good healer + misdirection and so forth.

I’d say they are all equally difficult (or easy…), just in a completely different way.

Tbh, I see tank as the most difficult role for M+. Somehow the player base has decided that tanks need to know routes and shortcuts, as well has being the primary interrupter in the party. No longer is it possible to just know your class, you have to know every single dungeon boss too.

Some of this is the community’s fault - pugs prefer to reject a tank who says “need some guidance” and wait for the next. Which is one reason we don’t have a lot of experience tanks. But my point was, we all expect more from tanks than anyone else, at least as far as M+ goes. Might not be mechanically harder, but community expectation makes it so.

What? that is like super easy, you can even get it the stacks wrong you still have high chance of surviving. positioning in certain tank classes is completely not a big deal at all a side from ‘’ do not point the boss to the raid’’, sure you die the raid wipe but up until heroic tanks know very well that the chance of dying is very slim if both tanks do the mechanics and you get the heals right.
Dps mistakes a WAY more punishing dps can never ignore mechanics at any point for the most part.

not a walk in the part but clearly it’s an easier time, in raids at least, in m+ certain afixes are really annoying, and mythic raid i dont know either.

Oh I got news for you, I don’t raid, nor have I raided for a long time :roll_eyes: Try harder rusk

Mvp is nba award,you just have pvp on.

I dont think there is no correct answer to this. We all rely on eachother for the runs to go smooth in the end. Sometimes when i’m healing it feels like i barely have to heal at all and i can focus on dps instead. Other times i just want to cry cause its insanely healing intensive. It all depends on content, group and utility in the group.

I mostly play tank,so i would say tank is easiest one.Not smart enough to play healer so i am not even going to bother trying.
Dps would be in middle for me.

This is why I often let my co-tanks push the limits. I mean you really dont need 2 tanks on wrathion, skittra, xanesh, Ilgynoth and in other bosses you have some forced mechanics that require to have two, but the other tank can dps most times or slack somewhere and look pretty 90% of encounter - Raden, Maut, Hivemind, Dres, Dog And then there are few fights where 2nd tank is not entirely useless - Vex, N’zoth*2 - so thats 3 fights in mythic.

Disclaimer : I have no personal 1st hand experience of N’zoth in mythic, but I presume based on HC

sort of. pretty much every boss has a tank stack dot mechanic to force people into swap.
can be soloed when overgeared or with some special trick? sure, but non in progress and it’s still not for everyone.

Depends on the content you’re doing and if its m+ the modifiers. But as a mainly healer player

Personally i find dps the hardest to do in dungeons, its hard to watch all the mobs for interupts, and manage your rotation while dodging mechanics. But healers (my main) is easy, its all positioning and lots of downtime or pressing 1 button and then pressing a couple more buttons if needed. Managing mana can be a bit annoying but in dungeons you can just drink after ever pull. And tanks, its hard to learn optimal routes, but once you know them tanks honestly do very little. But then ofc, if necrotic is on or grevious, then tanks and healers become much much harder. In general tho dps.

In Raids, id have to say dps become the easiest. Healers, still are pretty simple but you need to manage mana and track down people to heal them, so you need awareness of eveything going on. Tanks do very little HOWEVER. When they do have something to do it is the most important role in the raid. A dps can f up and be saved by other dps or it can survive. Tanks if they f up its almost a gurenteed wipe. Dps in raids can almost entirely focus on rotation, and any positioning and mechanics they do also has to be done by the other roles.

So it completely depends on what you’re doing in my opinion

I have close to no downtime as healer. If i’m not healing then i am busy dps’ing. And watching my interrupt targets, knowing when to use my stun totem, when to slow/root mobs and so on. Its not like we just stand there picking our nose if there is no dmg to heal :sweat_smile::woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Might be different for shaman. For me anyway if im not healing i have 5 buttons i can hit.

• repeatable low dps button
  • good dps button on 7 seconds cd
  • spamable aoe dps
  • 45 second aoe stun
  • ring of peace.

Not much to do. Even less buttons with holy priest tbh. We dont sit around doing nothing but for me personally its sill easier than what the dps manage. But shaman is the master of utility so maybe i should give them ago

I thought monk healers were quite good for dps in m+ at least? Never played monk though so i dont know their toolkit.

They are great for dps. But very simple. The reason they are good for dps is you can pick talents to increase healing by using the 7 second dps button, and the spammable aoe is nice and easy af to spam. But its definitely super easy to do

Barbed shot, Cobra shot, Kill Command… you’re right 3 :blush: and Feign Death / Turtle / hero / Aspect of Wild / disengage / tar trap / freeze trap / Spirit Shock (for those of you that might don’t know is the enrage dispel you’re welcome tanks) / binding shot / multi shot / interrupts and stuns / misdirection… but yeah you’re right :blush: 3 spells.

is in your rotation?
If so, my Hpriest that is the DH of healer has twice the keys you have ^^