What is the probability of TBC release?

What is the probability of a TBC release ?

I have zero interest in TBC, I never liked outland.

However if TBC will be released classic will surely die. And I don’t want to invest my time in classic if it will die because of TBC.

So what is the chance of TBC or will blizzard stop at classic ?

Why are you so sure of this? They will most likely give people a chance to transfer to a realm that will stay Classic forever, into TBC and WOTLK. Alot of people are going to stay on Classic, especially considering people have more than 1 character at top level, atleast one of them will most likely be transfered to stay on Classic.

Besides, FRESH realms? If/When Blizzard release a NEW realm for Classic, should probably happen around TBC release-- where everyone start from level 1 and do the Classic journey anew-- the content needs to be cleared anyway, you can’t jump directly into Naxx as a fresh 60 on a whole new realm, maybe even the AQ gates needs to be re-opened there. (No character transfers will be allowed on these servers, everyone needs to make a new char).

When you refer to transfer what do you mean specifically ?

When the transfer happens the character is lost in classic and goes to TBC ?

Or the player copies the character to TBC while retaining the character on the classic server ?

It’s a near certainty, and it’s a near certainty that Classic will die because classic is a terrible game, while TBC is just classic but better.

Just wait for the superior version.

5 Likes

Pretty high, and given the rises expectation of players from the survey and the SL timing I think it’s rather certain it will come.

On the other hand, Classic will survive without problems, if anything it will even be better if the server population gets lower.

Classic would likely die if TBC does not get released. A lot of current raiders are doing it to experience content they missed in Vanilla. Once they got it and no new content gets available, there will not be much motivation left to play for those players.

And in general, why would you continue to play after your first clear of Naxx if there will not be more content released. You finished the game by then. Can do the same with an alt again, but gets old pretty fast without new challenges.

3 Likes

TBC is a high possibility, but obviously classic is nearing the end of the its lifespan with only phase left.
Unless they do “fresh” classic realms, then classic will be bleeding players.

You say this, but how would classic survive without problems, if you’ve done everything in classic at the time?
They’d have to merge realms / offer free transfers etc.
As I doubt many people will remain for long after Naxx is released.
Classic will have problems with this.

Yeah, it’s what a lot of people would likely do unless they like the PvP part of classic… but by then, PVP is just a mess.

I say this because there will be enough ppl to keep the server alive.

A lot of casuals will keep progressing and others will either focus on their alts or maybe roll the other faction. There is plenty of things to do if you look for. I’m sure that a LOT of ppl will go to TBC but think about that Vanilla had 1/10 of Classic population cap per server and thrived without issues. Some realms might be merged but overall there will always be place for Classic.

I’m presuming around 90% of the classic population will move to TBC if it’s released without fresh classic realms.

Keeping classic in phase 6 would just keep the “determined” people in the game as opposed to a fresh classic realm.
At the end of the day, there’s only a certain amount of content that you can keep doing, even with alts.

Fresh classic realms is the only way to keep it thriving, if anything.

10% is exactly the population cap we’d have in an original Vanilla realm xD

1 Like

Yeah, but this is across all realms.
You’ve already got half dead / dead realms with less than 1000 players on it.

If now PvP is mess and hated (ignored at best) by 80% playerbase, imagine how it will be with naxx gear 1shoot fiesta…
They should really listen to community and true vanilla PvPers instead of streamers…

Classic will die anyway unless fresh realms are made. People sticking at 60 and doing 1 hour a week does not make a realm vibrant.

There will at least be a compression of realms, a lessening of their number maybe connections.

Yeah, PvP will just be a mess once naxx is out with the one shots.
It’s why I don’t believe classic would survive long after Naxx is out.

Who wants to play on a game where everyone one shots each other…?

Wait after shadowlands release, if that fails it wil come Pretty fast.
If its a succes, than it go either way tbh and perhaps not even A tbc at all.

But dont worry, they bring back characters from there best selling expansion.
This wil tell u more than enough about the s**tstorm thats comming.

TBC will be announced during the online Blizzcon in Feb 2021. If not then it’s not coming this year or at all.

1 Like

TBC is a near certainty. Most people want it, myself included. So far Classic has followed the vanilla EU timeframe closely. This means TBC will come about 6 months after Naxx is released.

1 Like

Just curieus… U claim most! People want it… Were do u get the numbers from?
Or u just shouting most because the 5%of players who actualy use the forums want it and The People on ur server…?

I conunt with TBC as it was done already. No reason to do anything else. I’m sure TBC will bring back more players than Classic did and I consider the opening of Classic servers for the best announcement since WOTLK (everything after this expansion went to s**t).
But… will Classic die? Will it be the end of Classic? I don’t think so. If so, the private vanilla servers wouldn’t exist for so long. Maybe the population will be 1/10 against TBC, but it will still have own loyal fans. Classic will remain… but the fresh start would help keep the interest of fans.

1 Like

You do realize that, unless there’s some sort of fresh re-release, Classic would die anyway? Or, to be more precise, the loss of players Classic would incur (severe as it may be) is independent of TBC re-releasing? Or do you think those ppl who look forward to TBC would farm Naxx forever instead if TBC wasn’t an option?

If you do, you’re a fool.

1 Like