What is up with the feminism and false inclusivity already?

I love talking with my Dad about their stories about people and men in particular assaulting them only to find out they bit off more than they could chew and being knocked out. Oh delicious karma indeed.

1 Like

Every western country suffers from lack of recruits because armies decided to promote ridiculous things in military aka diversity etc. Women are allowed to join probably 99% of the armies of the western countries. I don’t see women lining up for service. And as ww3 is looming on the horizon they became even quieter

1 Like

because in offensive wars of yesteryear the main factor in how well your army will advance is logistics and men carry more things than women because men big muscle strong ape.

but its 2024, logistics are significantly better particularly for NATO and with drone warfare women can sit in a chair and kill people with a VR headset on.

and again, in defensive wars this was never an issue because the logistics are already in place in a defensive position. if you need 3 archers or 3 riflers or 3 people to operate artillery and you only have 2 men, not asking the woman standing next to you to help is so stupid that even 100s of years ago ultra patriarchal countries had no problems with the woman fighting as well.

false. the main reasons the military has problems recruiting is because of archaic standards of yesteryear - no drugs (weed), no tattoos, no beards (particularly the US) and obesity standards that don’t make sense in an era of drone warfare.

the other main reason is opportunity. you don’t need to die in war now. you can go get a job or just move. the world is more connected.

please don’t make me explain to you why 50s recruitment standards make no sense in 2024. i don’t want to do it :smiley:

Stupid generalized statement.

Another stupid generalized statement.

You’re not proving anything. You’re just very carefully making sure to use specific words to make sure it is right ‘in theory’.

But the thing is; there are MANY DIFFERENT people, with many different height, weight, musclemass etc. And those who are naturally physically stronger will often gravitate towards work/activities where that natural ability can be put to good use.

So there your ‘average’ part already falls apart. Because women fighters wouldn’t have been average. And that’s not just a few outliers; there’s many women who are larger/more powerful than a lot of men.

Even if you explained it, and provided proof, it would fly past their heads or be ignored because it doesn’t fit their agenda.

How is it a lie?

Without going into spoilers, all of the male characters were worked out of the story, either killed, sacrificed or sidelined as part of the story, even in sidequests we see male characters die and pass on their role to a female.

Anduin is the only significant male character in the story and he takes a back seat for the majority of it, playing the tag along sidekick. Thrall does nothing other than a few standing cameos so people don’t forget the Horde exist entirely, same with Turalyon who only exists as a supportive prop for Alleria in cutscenes.

All of the main working/relevant characters of the expansion on both sides are female, including both lead hero characters (Alleria/Faerin) and both the endboss of the raid and the main antagonist of the expansion.

1 Like

You brought up shield maidens, no?

The only verified cases in where those supposedly existed is in the case of Lagertha or Hervor. Both are only known from Sagas. The latter being from “Hervarar saga ok Heiðreks” and the former from the book “Gesta Danorum”, which also reads of Ragnar Lothbrok, a person whose existence is …questionable, as sources besides these books are so incredible scarce, and if he did exist he’s not at all like how you see his character be portrayed in the Vikings TV-show.

Or graves of women with weaponry and armor in them but even then their role can never actually be verified and only be assumed.

We literally just had the olympics where a trans woman beat the living daylight out of a biological woman.

Do you really want to die on this hill?

This is such a stupid argument.

How is you saying that a professional fighter fighting a regular guy is the exact same as a regular woman fighting a man in the viking/middle ages?

You could not find a falser equivalence if you tried.

Now try that on a medieval battlefield. You won’t last half a day.

You’re once again purposefully misconstruing my argument.

Obviously a woman would pick up a bow when in a defensive position but you will never see leagues of women fight in physical combat in any historical context in a military position, unless they’re in such unique and unrepeatable circumstances that you’ll likely never see their like again such as with Joan of Arc.

Which was my point.

1 Like

“women are cowards and don’t fight!”

okay we’ll aim recruitment ads at women, featuring women

“what the, the army has gone woke!”

empty brain no thoughts just bunga

Because it’s not true.
There’s lots of male presence in TWW so far.

Just because you don’t like how they’re being treated, doesn’t mean they’re not there.
There is significant male presence in TWW so far.

Words matter. Don’t say silly hyperbolic stuff like you did.

Yes, after I saw claimed that women would not had fought in wars in earlier times than modern. They are in active service both modern and through history. We just have to agree to disagree if you dont want to believe it.

Literally nobody said that.

1 Like

yeah but who said they were forming full formations like a phalanx or cavalry comprised entirely of women? no one - one guy said shieldmaidens and mentioned vikings. most viking battles were short coastal raids of rampaging lunatics showing up in a fishing village. did women form a spartan company? no. did they arrive in England with male vikings and participate in raids? absolutely. did they fight to the death when English armies inevitably formed and fought back? absolutely.

behold, a guy saying that:

I’m not talking about other people.
I want YOU to fight a female MMA fighter.

I’m sure you’re ‘man’ enough, right? Right?

Now this might be a controversial opinion but~

Literally why does gender or “race” even matter for TWWs characters ? At what point in the story does their skin color matter, at what point does their gender matter.

Nothing happened to the existing characters gender or skin color, theres several black and white npcs in for example Hallowfall… and when did that ever play a big deal in the story ?

Is it just me or ?

:dracthyr_shrug:

Historically they would only defend. There are only a handful of examples in where they would go to war as part of an army and those are very strong exceptions to the rule.

Like. obviously they’d fight in a defensive setting…?? What else would they do? Just sit there and take an arrow?

You can’t count that as being part of a military, however.

Or just bring me some verified examples that aren’t rare exceptions in where women actually were part of a military, before modern times?

That is implied when you say that women were on the battlefield. That they’re part of an organized army.

All of England would love to have a word with you on that.

Did they arrive in England? Sure. Were they actively part in raids however? I’m not sure if there’s any evidence for that, actually. I’m not disputing it entirely but I do highly doubt it.

Again, duh. Of course they would fight back, the only other option is to just sit there and take an arrow to the face. There’s no other choice but to fight :joy:

I stand corrected, that’s just a stupid thing to say.

Give me half a year of training and I will most likely win just from sheer height and build alone, yes.

1 Like

You already made one ad hominem and strawman in earlier replys. I could otherwise entertain the idea and have conversation of it but I only talk with people who talk to me with respect and in civil manner if they wish to discuss some matter with me. Otherwise I use my right to not hear them out further, I do not see need to egage with strawmaning.

Wait Razien, I do follow combat sports closely and was fuming on the algerian vs italian boxing match.

So I did my researches and turns out the algerian boxer is an actual biological woman with a rare condition were she produces waaay more testosterone than a normal girl since birth.

Not sure about the chinese one because at that point I was over it.

BTW, whoever thinks that a woman can fight a man is highly delusional, it does not matter how much of a feminist you want to be, your thinking is actually dangerous.

OFC if you do Cris Cyborg VS random Peter Dinklage which appear to be male she is going to win.

Duh.

2 Likes

even this aspect of it is disputed and the IBA (Russian boxing organisation) refuses to publish their findings and when pressed on the issue, they contracted themselves.

the entire thing was a Russian disinfo hoax like everything else that comes out of Russia.