What / Who do you miss?

Oh theirs a few people i miss.
Danessa and Parthenia from the Greencoats
Nemi (i think that’s how it was spelled) the awesome Gnome

1 Like

Where is my Matowa?
Send me Fyne!
I miss the Emerald Tribe for all the wrong reasons… And on that same train, Thammaron and Hrothgar.

That might have been me. But I also can’t remember everything xD

1 Like

I need to TALK TO YOU…

IF ONLY YOU’D BE THAT ORC…

Fyne, for the reasons mentioned in the above posts

Taiev, the GM of the first night elf guild I joined. I still have respect for them for the way they ran the guild with sound judgment

Tardon, for the community events he organised a long time ago such as the Strongest of the Horde tournaments in Gurubashi and the RP-PvP battles in Alterac Valley that lasted forever. I always sucked at PvP but they were fun. He also wrote some helpful guides on the forums if I remember correctly.

A couple snaps of the Strongest of the Horde III event in 2008. Sure, the tournament got a bit out of control sometimes when randoms would jump in… but it was a cool show nonetheless! Edit: Thankfully there were plenty of volunteers to help take down the individuals disrupting the fights.

2 Likes

I can always use more soul shards. :smirk:

1 Like

When it comes to the ‘‘who’s’’ that I miss, it’s plenty of dwarves that are no longer active either in our guild, and also other dwarves from other guilds. While already not a popular race and one of the less played ones, it’s already fairly hard to keep a flourishing community going. You can count the active dwarf guilds on one hand, and then you’d probably still have one or two fingers left. There was a lot of success in the first months of BfA, us fielding 15-20 dwarves, attending campaigns, events and so forth - but with BfA being :poop: and the introduction of more allied races, the dwindling RP community of Khaz Modan took another hit. We have tried to bring back life to Ironforge in the forms of events and weekly tavern hours, while successful at first, eventually no more than a handful of dwarves kept appearing, so in the end Ironforge was left dormant once more… and I think for our part, it just wasn’t worth doing anymore seeing as people prefer Stormwind over Ironforge.

I suppose this has always been the way with dwarf RP, it’s active - and then goes through a period of dormancy, before activity surges for a bit again. Rinse and repeat.

Then there are also other characters which Sainur has had plenty of interactions and adventures with, but have simply stopped playing.

Secondly, as to the ‘‘what’s’’ that I miss… Ironforge RP, and to an extent Boralus RP. While efforts have been made to bring Boralus back to life, it’s not as alive as it once was. Though the recent festival in Boralus, which some of TTH attended, was very nice. But even that has been reduced to once every two months. Alas.

Boralus and Ironforge as such amazing cities to RP in, but almost nobody seems to care.

It’s all so tiresome.

1 Like

Goodness. There are many people I miss. - Honestly so many. Some who I no longer RP with due to IRL or because I took a fairly long break from WoW. So many. Watch me get all sappy now.

Faradael Amberhide. - The best male Sentinel to ever be RP’ed IMOP. - I had literal months worth of wholesome RP with him as a char and ended up becoming close friends with the entire of the owners family, who I also miss dearly. I still FB her mum every now and then, checking how she and the kids are.

Valarindi Moonsun. - I met Valarindi years ago, - roaming Darkshore during, must’ve been, early WoD? - Maybe Pandaria. I offered to help her find RP and teach her all I knew about RP, as she had never tried it on WoW before. A year later I flew to Finland to spend time with her and her family and got taken in as one of their own. - Which, is something I will cherish till I die. This is the first year I will not see her and her wonderful family and I cannot express how much I miss her both IG and IRL.

Rowwan. - THE TANK. - Paul, also known as Row, wasn’t a RP’er. But, he as the partner of Valarindi. - And good god. - He became like a big brother to me in such a short period. Spending time in the summers with him, laughing and exploring the Finnish lakes and going on dog walks. Even our IKEA adventures. I cherish dearly. - But nothing I will cherish more than my time with him screaming at me out of stress, because I would constantly forget to heal in dungeons because I’d be checking FB. - Good memories. T_T

Leothera. - I met her, - when I was rather young. Infact, we were both barely teenagers at the time. And I remember the childish mischief and gossip we got up to. - But alas, we grew apart. Only to be reuinited years later, when she /w talking about my chars artwork. - We clicked and like that, it was like best friends reunited. I will never forget the amount of T and shade split over that time. Alas, I quit wow a while back, wiped my discord, b’net everything. - And since then, I have regretted not being able to keep in touch with her as I miss her dearly. - But she will always mean so much to me and I hope she is out there being the sassy qween that she is.

Ialluen Moonglow. - Ia is perhaps one of the sweetest people I have ever met both IC and OOC. - And since I left wow, I have missed RP’ing with her, ever so dearly. Though we recently got to chat again OOC’ly and it made me miss the RP with her even more. - A truly wonderful RP’er and an even more wonderful person.

Tinwetar Ravenmist. - Tinnywinnywoowoo’s. An extremely well respected and wonderful Priestess RP’er. Who was always such a wonderful person to me and always ran such a wonderful guild. Which I will state under this, I miss incredibly too. She has the patience and kindness of a saint and I don’t know how she put up with me. - Alike Ia, I recently managed to OOC’ly talk to her briefly again. But I cannot express how much I miss RP’ing with her and her guild.

Kathene. - Last one. - My god, Kath is one of the most genuine and most welcoming people I have ever met. I miss RP’ing with her char and talking to her as well. - Losing friends was very hard when I left WoW. - And, she is among of the people here who I dearly miss. A wonderful person who deserves wonderful things, there is little more I can say than that.

4 Likes

As a finn myself, these two bits especially make me nostalgic even though all I have in common with the people involved is WoW, roleplaying and being finnish. Makes me nostalgic for that summer feel. This right here. This is the good stuff. I’m so happy it’s summer again.

2 Likes

I miss having fun RP.

1 Like

I learnt the ways of Midsummer and my god. It’s painful not celebrating it for the first time in a long time. T_T

I’ll be having to go a Sauna-less summer, without feasts and midnight lake diving. T_T

The never setting sun makes it reeeeeeal easy to stay up around the clock, doesn’t it? xD
Hope you get that sauna fix next summer!

1 Like

I hope so too! - I’m going to try sneak over at least in the Winter of this year, or early next. - If not it will be next summer. - Lord knows I have some Finnair travel points to spend at this rate too now.

… I should also mention my ADORATION for Finnish Lapphunds. - Literally, could cry over those dogs. T_T

1 Like

Oh yeah! Them dogs are fluffy. My aunt had one years ago. One of the sweetest dogs I ever met.

1 Like

A heartfelt share with you, for they are missed, I was a member for a while but sadly inactive RPwise.

LupusSeymour#3206 on Discord

1 Like

I’m gunna say Noraleon/Erandith too, i’ve known him for years. Since we both started RP’ing on the Sha’tar back in TBC. The dude was so laid back he was horizontal.

3 Likes

He has moved to RS3 rp, where he, surprise surprise, hated. It’s almost same when he was in wow. He hasn’t changed at all, I tell you that.

1 Like

Excellent news!
Does he still die, but is fact a mirror image?

I was there with the Ironcore Regiment as gnome. It was the first big RP campaign that I actively took part in and I remember it fondly in its entirety. Sadly, the people I played with went inactive not long before the first Drums of War campaign.

1 Like