What would be needed for your faction surrender to be acceptable?

I didn’t bother going over the names because there are some zones that are certainly subject to debate as Blizzard has never really bothered in marking the limits for the “states”. Would the Echo isles be part of Durotar? Is Coldridge Valley part of Dun Morogh? Are the Barrens considered a single zone, or did the Cataclysm make it two different ones?.

I went directly to the faction symbols. It was, simply put, easier.
Must say that i was willing to delve deeper into what is considered what. Hence why i was fine with admitting that it was but a cursory glance, and offered a second list the second i was asked.

As it is listed as a sub-zone of Durotar, it probably would be.

Same answer.

No, they are not, as the Cataclysm did indeed make two different ones, with separate story-lines.

I mean, these things are pretty easy to answer.

Unless you are muddying the issue on purpose, that is.

1 Like

Why?

The argument at hand went straight for gameplay, as it had sidetracked to a point where the balancing factor of Cataclysm was disputed.
Wouldn’t mind taking it elsewhere, but i simply continued with the line of thought.

No, the initial claim was (and i’ll copy/paste Zahir’s response to avoid creating a complex quotation list): When it comes to balance, the Horde now has more areas than the Alliance, so please.

My initial claim (which remains roughly the same regardless of how much i tweak the zone list), is against the statement above.

Do you think that statement was true? The Horde holds more areas than the Alliance?

I think not.

For you, not for me.

I personally don’t think that a sovereign tribe as the Darkspear should have their holdings contingent to what in essence, is orc territory.
I do agree that the Barrens should be considered two zones, but i’d understand if someone argued that a new terrain feature shouldn’t be enough to split what basically is the same territory (much like a flood didn’t split the Wetlands).

And so on.

That, i wanted to avoid.
Also, i wouldn’t say i’m muddying the issue. I think the point was a fairly simple one. Regardless of how much we’ve gone on a tangent, because apparently “i can’t count”.

I mean, we already established you can not count, establishing that you can not read wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.

Yeah, the issue is very simple, you got caught using a flawed list, and you can’t take it, so you resort to literally every mental acrobatic in the book in order not to look like someone who has…used a flawed list.

Including introducing vague standards (“gaming standards”), crappy philosophy, and repeatedly trying to drag people into arguments they told you they aren’t interested in.

All in all, just another day with Zarao, the amazing being which is always right, even when he claims 15 is 8.

2 Likes

Can we either get back on topic, or just take this thread out the back of the sheds, put a shotgun to it’s head and let nature take its course?

“Got caught”?
I already clarified, several times, that i was willing to acknowledge the flaws with the initial premise, as i simply didn’t put much effort in it.

I offered a corrected one, while stating that in essence, the argument remained with the same conclusion as the flaws the former had where insufficient to change what it showed.

I feel that upon realising this, you then went straight to twisting the argument made by taking the recount number from the first one, and comparing it with the name list of the second, in a childish attempt at creating another insult i.e.You can’t count”.

The fact that you are accusing me of “muddying” anything, even with the above, is ironic.

By that i meant what its considered a game feature. Wowhead lists certain areas as different from others based on the purpose they have from a gaming perspective (for example, instances like the Tram or starting areas). It might be a flawed way for me to call it, but if you want clarification regarding what i meant, there it is.

You are the one that felt like throwing himself into this argument. Even after i essentially checked the one i gave to another person with your own premises, you insisted on it (while claiming you didn’t want to know anything about the rest anyway).

And now I am the one “dragging” anybody?..

But yeah, given you are now circling into petty insults, i’m calling it a day with you.

Actually no, literally everyone who has read your fevered rantings on this thread can pretty much see that you are muddying perfectly clear facts.

I don’t really give a crap what you meant, as your opinion and word definitions change according to need.

Zahir is over there, buddy. Neither me nor Haiete are Zahir, nor did we discuss the things which you repeatedly drag through your posts since the first reply, although nobody even bothered addressing it.

It isn’t a petty insult to call you incapable of reading or counting. As a teacher IRL, I find education a noble goal, so I am actually inclined to help your poor soul master the basics.

We shall start with the fact that 15 is in fact not 8. Once you embrace this initial step, we can do multiplication.

2 Likes

Since the topic came up: what is that “Shadow of Azeroth” zone from Legion 7.3.5 listed as Alliance?

2 Likes

Wrapped my whole argument (a checked version of it that took in consideration what you pointed out) in a single post early on:

And the rest i spent arguing against your absurd claim that i “couldn’t count” (a conclussion you took by taking what i addressed as a list i was willing to correct, and the list of names i gave upon doing so). I wasn’t the one that muddied the argument, sorry. That was you.

If i currently deleted all my posts save the one i just quoted, “literally everyone who has read” these lasts post, will just see someone only insisting that 8 isn’t 15.
Even after a comment that says that those 15 can indeed be corrected to be the 8 (or whatever number) you keep talking about.

Regarding the rest, and given your behaviour and demeanour, reaction and childish tone you display with things like these:

I doubt you are indeed a teacher. But i’ll give you the benefit of doubt.

No idea, might be something to do with a particular instance for an Alliance-only scenario.

PS: Felt really baited to replay given Arctur’s response.

I’d really like to know that too. Maybe it’s the place where threads go when they get toxic?

edit: ah, seems to be part of the Void Elf unlock scenario. Never did that so I had no idea :wink:

1 Like

Impossible. A single planet shadow can’t hold them all.

More babbling!

Not really, that’s a pretty natural conclusion when someone says, “yeah, my counting is fine”, although he got told that 15 is not 8.

“15 is not 8.”
“Bla bla bla, 15 is 8, Zahir said this, I think that, I can count.”
“15 is not 8, subzones are not zones. I don’t care what Zahir said.”
“What are zones really, though, according to gaming standards? Also, Zahir said this.”
“What are gaming standards even?”
“Is the Barrens two zones, or one zone? Maybe a zone is a zone within a zone, leading to zoneception.”
“You can’t count, Zarao. What even is this drivel?”
“Omg, you so toxic!”

Thanks, I won’t give you the same, as you have always been dishonest.

3 Likes

Literally what.

4 Likes

Asked for clarification, gave it.

Why would Lady Daelinna’s reply make you feel baited, lmao.

2 Likes

You baited him into typing a massive post aimed at me in which he only has one sentence addressing you! For shame, Arctur, for shame!

1 Like

Because it seemed like a genuine question. And given that i was going to answer, i felt like replying to the other side of it while at it.

Wow why did this old thread get revived.

Because there wasn’t enough drama in the forums. It was needed.
(I admit that upon reading the initial premise, this thread indeed seemed fine initially, but now is just another gasoline barrel to throw into the mix).

1 Like