What would cause you to consider teldrassil repayed?

So are concentration-… I mean internment camps to be fair.

At this point i just want blizzard to stop writting.
They apparent cant write a story that isnt:
Alliance stupid, horde evil.

5 Likes

Agreed 100%, which is another reason why I don’t want to see any more arbitrary repayments. I would rather this farce ends and we go back to whacking the big bad because no one, outside people who treat the factions like football teams, are enjoying this nonsense.

7 Likes

What do you take me for, the Scourge?

Ignore the pink hair…for a moment

If the Alliance wanted the Horde genocided, it could easily have been done at the end of SoO. It isn’t in their toolkit, at least not while Greymane and Anduin are in power.

1 Like

About tree fiddy.

1 Like

Raze Thunderbluff to the ground.

Serve Tauren burgers.

Do it.

1 Like

Just don’t send the gnomes to do it, they have a bad history with destroyed capital cities.

4 Likes

Even worse, all the burgers will be inedible

2 Likes

What the hell is this Horde BIAS?!

Why can’t I eat Tauren Burgers?! What makes Tauren Burgers more superior than regular Alliance burgers, huh?! Freaking Blizzard, always beating the Alliance.

First it was Night Elves, NOW IT’S THE FOOD WE EAT.

^
What I feel like i’m constantly reading in this thread tbh.

6 Likes

To be fair, tauren eat wolves. Onwards to Gilneas!

7 Likes

Don’t they mainly hunt Plainstriders for food?

They hunt and eat a lot of things in Mulgore, nothing goes to waste. Wolf meat is also one of the very first things you learn to cook so…

They are also big on balance in nature so hunting just plainstriders for food would tip the balance to the predators, big no no for them.

2 Likes

I know this isn’t related to the Warcraft universe but wikipedia on Wolf hunting says the following:
It is rare for wolves to be hunted for food, though historically, people have resorted to consuming wolf flesh in times of scarcity, or for medicinal reasons.

Though they could just hunt wolves for sport, or to control their population

Mostly because wolf meat doesn’t taste that nice in reality. Still, Azeroth denizens eat some very strange things, like spider legs in a stew.

7 Likes

Entomophagy is a thing in some IRL cultures

True, everything is food if you are hungry enough I suppose. Still yeah, pretty much any animal is azeroth is fair game unless something is wrong with them (fel corrupted or whatever)

And yes, this thread is now about Azeroth’s eating habits.

3 Likes

It’s mostly muscle and strings. I’ve never had it, but I can understand it might end up like chewing rubber. Or tightly-packed meaty fibre.

:nauseated_face:

3 Likes

You also forgot how the Night elves are sort of back in their own territory again.
While the forsaken are nowhere near this.
Let’s just put on top that the Tyrande was given a power boost.
TYRANDE of all people.
She’s even more powerful than Malfurion now, who is one of the most powerful entities upon the Planet…

But you should know by now, the alliance fanbase’s definition of fair has always been twisted.

1 Like

As Oscar Wilde said about Fox Hunting “The Unspeakable in pursuit of the Uneatable”

There is a reason we don’t -generally- eat other carnivorous creatures, or Mammals rather, Alligator in Cajun sauce is simply to die for…they tend to taste awful, and there are some -as yet- unsubstantiated beliefs in the medical fraternity that it can cause the onset of a mental disorder, a lower level version of Kuru, which is what Cannibals tend to suffer if the exist on a pure diet of ‘the other white meat’.

Nobody knows why this is, that eating Herbivore’s has no risk, but carnivores has a slight health risk, perhaps it is just nature keeping things in balance. Its actually even worse for carnivorous mammals, if they eat human flesh by force of habit they are almost certain to go demented.

So our Azeroth diet is really rather bizarre, and a lot of the things our characters eat are just ….yuck!

I’ve eaten some bizarre animals in my time, from Sharks and Alligators, to Ostriches, Wild Boars and Snakes, and then on to Mealworms, Locusts and Scorpions but I have never eaten another Carnivorous Mammal, principally because they apparently all taste -Awful- But then…I am hardly a barometer of good sense, given that at one New Year’s party I drank a glass of Cava Champagne mixed with an entire tub of glitter…

Back on topic briefly, there is no repaying Teldrassil. It won’t happen. Whatever happens will never be enough for some of the die hard fans of the Alliance, I mean you see it in the thread here, ‘the absolute annihilation of the Horde’ seems to be a popular refrain. ‘Losing Undercity doesn’t matter’, like umm, Cheers for telling me what does and doesn’t matter, is this like ‘Alliancesplaining’ 101?
You could say that Orgrimmar would be razed to the ground, and it would not be enough for some people, who just want their slice of Saturday morning cartoon morality.

It doesn’t matter what we as the players think, the die hard Alliance fans will always think that whatever happens is too little, and the die hard Horde fans will always think that whatever happens is too much, and those of us who play both factions have a bit of a giggle at the expense of those so invested that they actually identify as Horde or Alliance…

This said, the current Alliance fan ‘Victim Schtick’ is getting a bit much now, people need to get some air, read some history, find out how Wars work, and then come back. War isn’t a case of trading damage, of everyone doing the same to everyone else, that isn’t how it works. Reducing it to a level of ‘They killed X Many people, so we must kill X many people’ is frankly obscene, as if there is a quota you have to fill.

What happens if you fall short, is there some dark lottery where you draw tickets and the unlucky civilians have to be sacrificed to satisfy the other sides blood lust? Because frankly, that sounds a lot more evil than Sylvanas. That’s evil by bureaucracy. We’ve seen that before. Its horrific.

So this whole idea of ‘Repaying’ Teldrassil isn’t about morally good or evil, its about Vengeance, lets not dress it up, it is about killing x number of y, because they killed x number of our y……

If this is really the story the Alliance fanbase wants (And I talk as someone with more Alliance characters than Horde ones) then it is incontrovertibly and absolutely giving up any moral high ground. Setting a quota on deaths to somehow offset your own casualties is an absolutely disgusting and depraved act…Which ironically would prove Sylvanas -right-.

Be careful what you wish for…

4 Likes

What are you talking about???

I could swear I saw somewhere the head honcho’s in WW2 were playing trades!?!?one1!

1 Like