What would make you want to play a healer?

only because they are far behind, trying to heal themselves :grin:

As long as other players are played by real humans i will never again play healer the experience is less fun than the last time i went to dentist and spent 4+ hours on the chair getting my busted tooth pulled out.

i enjoy healing in other mmos but in wow it’s just a massively unfun role

1 Like

I used to be a healer. Im not any more.

Tanks pull everything in sight with no regard for how the team can handle it.
DPS always taking completely avoidable damage.
Whenever something goes wrong, youre instantly to blame regardless of the actions of anyone else.
The constant game a whackamole with drastically changing health bars. Theres never a reprieve.
People race on even when youre out of mana.

Being a healer can just be stressful.
Im now a dps and there is nothing stressful about my game time any more. Im responsible for me and only myself.

I look at how healing is in dragonflight and im just glad to not be a part of it.

1 Like

from what i saw the healer was quiet and the rest spoke French they were standing in the crap and blamed the healer go figure

maybe communication barrier

WoW’s healing doesn’t really feel like healing its more like doing Excel spreadsheet.

The most fun healer i have ever played was in Warhammer Online and that was my goblin shaman nothing in wow even compares of how fun that was.

1 Like

Toxicity in low keys (like 5+) are insane. Had a rogue rq his own key by dealing 20k dps and flaming everyone for wiping 2nd boss HOI

jesus christ… may have to skip on m+ :smiley: stick to raiding

I already play a healer.

I’ve dipped into tanking again now in season 2 and it astonishes me just how bad other healers are. Like 2nd boss in vortex pinnacle I ran - DPS are skirting death and I’m spending a lot of HP to heal them up as the tank, meanwhile the healer is spamming me with heals, without even having lightweaver up. Why is he even spamming me with heals. The DPS are dying, heal them and not me, holy…

Then the last boss was a disaster, he straight up couldn’t heal it and we wiped 3 times before we finally made it.

I think this is a dangerous question. It’s like asking a PvE player “what would make you want to PvP?” and then implementing their feedback.

Disc is a fun spec of play it more but I’m not very good last time I tried it was early sl or bfa

you have to be curious about what it will be like when nobody thanks you while helping.
and if the team goes down its the healers fault.
just curious about those things and the immense stress it is allso.
whould make one interested in playing an healer.
alteast what i think.

Healing has been for masochists for quite some time.

• dps i do as a healer should be optional , not a necessity to time a key
  • self heals or barriers shouldn’t be more powerful than my spells, they should be used for not getting one shot from mechanics, not running for the whole dungeon
  • there shouldn’t be much difference between healer specs on utility side, the difference should be about playstyle. right now it’s hardo get into high keys as a priest or mw monk because of bl , cr etc.
    then i would consider playing healer.

Well, apply common sense: Do you think that the type of players, who wanna heal in a mmorpg, are very sweaty tryhards? No they’re usually not in most cases, and that’s why it should not be hard to play. Healing in pretty much every game except this one is an easy chill role that dps players usually consider boring.

Just look at the mentality difference between dps player and healer players: Your dps is sometimes heavily reliant on your tank pulling normally. Regardless of what the tank does, dps players though usually just try to play as good as the can regardless and have a carry mentality no matter how bad their groups are. (Even if they perform themselves badly). Then you read healer players and most seem to be blaming others and complain about how hard healing is, when people don’t play perfectly and take damage without dying. I believe that a tryhard healer would embrace the challenge of having a hard-to-heal group or healing challenges in general, but I think those are a very tiny minority of the playerbase. Like isn’t it obvious for the developpers that healing should just be an easy role like it is in every single other game?

While farming 11-13 keys for upgrades I encountered 2 kind of groups:
Group 1 uses ccs, interrupts, CDs to survive, and evades bad stuff. Often far from perfect but the runs are fun. I feel needed as healer but don’t have to pump massive numbers all the time.

And then there is group2, which doesn’t do anything nearly as good as group1 does.
And suddenly it feels like you have 3 blood dks as dps who can’t immediately heal themselves to 100 before dropping to nearly 0hp again 5s later. That’s when you have to spam heals like a madman so you don’t wipe on rnd trash group #8 while still playing mechanics so you’re not the 4th idiot you have to somehow keep alive.

I never had to deal with toxic players during my runs. It was this group2 that made me hate the 20-40minutes I couldn’t allow myself to relax for even a minute because someone was always nearly dying.
After reading first complains last week about the new ‘healer affix’ it felt like a good idea to take a break from healing in m+ dungeons.

Edit:

Just gonna rephrase this into two simple sentences instead:

You can’t heal stupid and you shouldn’t try to heal stupid.

They need to learn to play the game, the hard way.

1 Like

I am a Healer and i actually like the difficulty right now

1 Like

just wait for hpala rework when they make it the next mw and it becomes the next “only healer” and most played for shuffle as it likely will be as overtuned and silly as mw right now compared to all rest which they keep ignoring or nerfing

tho retris will love this hpala meta with forbearance for days in every round i bet lol

shuffle is a disaster design wise tho so it dont really matter to me other than that it split the crowd that were playing pvp

you might be enjoying your mw now as it totally outshines every other class in the game which they also keep nerfing for no reason, but all has its time on this blizzards wheel of fortune of tunings and changes

im waiting to see the “how you like your healing” post when mw is not ~20% better than all else on raw healing output and the most played one for shuffle obviously

I do play one healer, the fistweaver. I do not however main it. I would probably play more, currently I’m maining a shadow priest and I would also like to try out holy and discipline however both of those specs have such a ludicrous amount of button bloat that I just cannot be bothered to even try to learn them. So Blizzard could streamline healing specs, condense them down, why do I need some 10 buttons on holy that do pretty much the same thing with slight differences?

Also I’ve heard healer mains be annoyed with fistweaver “smart heals” saying that it’s automating the gameplay and even bad healers can succeed with it and I agree with it, except I think it’s really damn cool. I wish more healers had options like that. Having multiple ways to play the spec like mistweaver has is such a nice thing and if one of those ways enables people like me to play a healer then that is good, more people playing healers is good.

1 Like