What would your character say to the above poster? #28

Rorick staggers onto the scene with a tankard of Dwarven ale in his hand, accidentally bumping into Seloria lightly.

“Whoops, sorry there lady. 'Em drinks got me more stumbly than I expected. Wait, you’re not giving a round? Rude!”

Rorick tries his best to look offended but he’s too cheerful a drunk to look convincing.

“Boys, next round’ s on me!”

“Ooo, quite the set of drums in here!”

Razuun appears, about to do one his routine performances at his selection of favourite venues - time permitting, of course!

He swiftly sets up and begins the jaunty song of Rolling Down the Mountain, Dwarven song that’s been adapted to Common lyrics.

“I love this song! A bard are you? I can sing myself, and fiddle with the lute. I don’t know many songs however; perhaps you could show me a thing or two?”

1 Like

“Ol’ Burrr can show ye. Me voice so pure an’ elegant, it makes even angels cry.” * clears throat *
Burrr starts singing. It sounds like demons’ screams of panic and feeling like excruciating Old Gods’ whispers.
“Well? Burrr? Ye want tae start a band with Burrr?” hic

2 Likes

“That sound was not beautiful or natural, I know an Anchorite who can see promptly.” Th draenei speaks from the stage, clearly interrupted.

The draenei turns to the keen blood elf and smiles, “I am sure you know more songs than you think. Thalassian culture is not one to stray from the arts, I am almost certain. But now is the time for something different…”

Much fewer strums, the draenei breaks into song in his mother tongue, a song homely warmth with gentle notes.

2 Likes

“Ahh my friend, my friend; good memories of the old worlds. I thank you for this.”
Inveretus claps his hands together in time with the song; waiting for its end, and smiling fondly.

3 Likes

“Good memories… sad memories. I do miss Argus”

She warps herself with shadows, keeping safe distance from the Paladin

“We should go home. Maybe a part of it was consumed by the void and the rest is reeking with Fel and the world is in ruins, and our Titan is no more, yet it is still in better shape than Draenor for example… or Nathreza! The Legion is no more, our corrupted brothers and sisters who survived Sargeras’ fall are ‘without a job’. Lightforged, Exiled, man’ari, Broken… the Eredar should be One People again, working together to reclaim and rebuild our home…”

“That is almost as stupid as suggesting the elves reunite with their fishy brothers.”

1 Like

Seloria laughs at the Draeneis words, “you mean the Naga? Yes they feel somewhat like a lost cause… I’d say so about the fel corrupted Eredar as well but who knows, maybe some survivors would have a change of heart. Not that I propose go chasing them down on a lost planet…”

1 Like

“It’s a fun thought,” Talraea agrees, looking up at the ceiling in contemplation. "The Elven peoples reaching out to one another, the Naga learning to live with their distant cousins… It’s nice. Sad thing is, it really is just a thought.

“Maybe we’ll see a few defectors. The way things go, I’m pretty sure we’ll fight Azshara herself at some point, because we’re running out of enemies, so maybe a few refugees or remnants will show up on their proverbial knees… But we’d be fools to think the Naga, or the Man’ari, are going to have a sudden change of heart en masse.”

1 Like

“…a sudden change of hearts… like, lets say, a certain group of Sin’Dorei who joined… re-joined the Alliance?”

She smiles innocently

“Consider this, I’ve heard even Kil’jaden himself had remorse, and at the end the Prophet forgave him. I don’t know if you are interested in archeology or such things, but there are scattered orbs in the dig-sites called Orb of Inner Chaos and we figured out they are for “helping the demons to adjust”, actually Chaos does not come easily to all demons - some struggle with the ways of the Burning Legion. Those that did will often carried an enchanted orb that invoked the rage required of any good demon. It is not known how the orbs were made, or who made them. Now, if even Demons needs some… indoctrination to serve, then our Man’ari cousins who joined for power and promises of universal dominance and now have to face the ugly truth, they were fooled, the Titan they served is now imprisoned, and their path was not the best…? I think it would be foolish to turn away from them. Someone have to make the first step… Facing the Legion and left behind by the Naaru, they never had a real choice to become Man’ari or not… like the Exiled never choosed to be exiled, and left behind their home; actually the Naaru “Eredarnapped” them as a help , and to later enlist them in their Army. But my point is, most of the Man’ari, the kids, the weak ,the old, everybody who wasn’t Kil’jaden or Archimonde basically found themself in a situation beyond their controll. Like… well, sorry to bring this up again, like the followers of Umbric. Or the Highborne “trapped” with Azshara… seeking ways to recconect them are not that crazy if you think about it, the Exiled and the Lightforged are small in numbers, and the Kaldorei population is shrinking. For both races, gathering what remained and join forces with the “lost brothers and sisters” are a must for survival…”

"As tempting as it is to take life advice from a murderous Void cultist and general madwoman, you are simply wrong. Regardless of the occasional need to coerce a few outliers, the Burning Legion has had the Man’ari thoroughly in its grip for uncounted millennia; longer, really, than we’ve been fleeing them, with how time is warped in the Twisting Nether.

“My people - I scarcely call them ‘ours’ anymore, looking at you - have survived attempted genocide by demonic monsters on more than one occasion. We will weather this war as we have many others, without crawling to the demons that previously made the attempt. Remember that they are still demons, creatures inherently bent toward destruction and malice. Even in the impossible scenario that one came before us with no intent to deceive or manipulate, it would have to be judged for its crimes. There is no redemption for them, only retribution.”

Shalim nods as he listens to the Draenei’s words.
"I must agree with you for once. The demons must be destroyed at any cost. It is one of the few goals worth bloodshed and even death cost. The demons managed to destroy many worlds before. Ours might be next if they will get out of control. They can however provide a power which could prove neccesary for destroying them. The power, that is tempting you every single moment, same as the void I suppose. The weak minds, like eredars will sucumb to it. But if you are one of the strong ones, you can decimate their forces with their own power. "

Shalim pauses
" What I am trying to say is, that you should not judge everyone, who is somehow connected to demons or fel, with the same measure"

looks between the rambling group as he Drinks.
frowning he suddenly blurts out “Idiots!” in an infuriated yell before storming off.

“What t’ heck is t’is world coming to. Morons! Morons everywhere!”

“It makes me ol’ da’ cry so it does. Troggbrains all roond.”

“With all respect due to you,dear dwarves,you are much better at drinking,digging holes and building fortresses than you are at talking in an intelligible manner”

“Hey! Nobody insults Dwarves in my presence! They’re good folk, every one I’ve met. Except the warlocks, but they’re warlocks.”

1 Like

“Well, dear Brother, maybe I am murderous Void cultist and general madwoman, but I must agree with you… Dwarves are good folks. Like Neltharion and his fligh, they dwell in the deep dark earth, always digging, always going deeper and deeper… deeper… The Earthen and their flesh-cursed descendants, like the Black Flight, command the entire weight of Azeroth itself! But… that same weight constantly pressed on their body every waking moment… Ahh I wouldn’t be surprised, like in the case of Neltharion, the load making them feel suffocated to the point that they feel their very spirit unravelling. Remember, He turned to the Old Gods largely because he believed that they would free him from this burden… so I’ve heard. Sooner or later the noble Dwarves will hear the whispers from the deep darkness of the earth… It is just a matter of time, and they will seek help from the same soruce. But I supose, untill then we could enjoy their company, their ale and songs… and as I said, I must agree with you, they are charming. Even their warlocks aren’t that bad…”

“Yer insult the makers again and yer Head’s goin’ on a spike.”

“Her head should be on pike a long time ago. She is a threat to anybody who comes in contact with her. Don’t charge her alone mr. dwarf, let me help you. Recently I was almost killed by her foul minions”

1 Like