What would your character say to the above poster? #28

Rorick returns with a box full of delicious Pandaren takeout.

“You know usually I am but I’m also all about sampling whatever others cook up. I have to say, I could probably learn a lot from these guys.”

2 Likes

“I would advise caution when it comes to the fuzzy bear people’s alcohol. Some of their alcoholic beverages hit almost as hard as my own spells, and their ‘shots’ are designed for someone with at least three times your body mass.”

Boring day. Shouldn’t have killed all of those Twilight cultists last night. Now I don’t have anyone to…play with.

sighs

Note to self: leave at least a few alive for later.

Tek stares at Uruk with an extremely concerned expression

“Ooookay then, I’m going to go sit over there instead”

“Lad’s doin’ Azeroth a favor, in his own way.”

Dangerbeard shrugs.

“I’m all for getting rid of Twilight cultists, and I’m no angel either, but if we resort to dark methods it should be out of necessity, not for amusement. You think I enjoy spreading terror through madness, pain and mystery? Well, I do enjoy the mystery, but the rest is just what I have to do. Outright sadists like him are bound to become a problem once they run out of victims.”

“I am surprised the Twilight Hammer still has a base of experienced members to draw from, especially given how virtually every major faction on Azeroth is chronically underpopulated after more than two decades of world ending crisis and cataclysmic events. If you have any kind of magical training, or heck, even just know how to hold a sword, there are dozens of armies and institutions willing to sign you up in a heartbeat.”

She tilts her head, as if contemplation.

“Any experienced elementalist within the Twilight Hammer could make a killing if they simply rebranded themselves and joined an army or even industry, rather than staying with the Twilight Hammer that are almost as big of a veritable punching bag as the Scarlet Crusade; and have health and safety standards almost as bad as that of the Black Harvest!”

Dangerbeard looks at Mahlifica, putting on her most innocent face.

Mahli’ficia pauses to look down at Dangerbeard, before her deep blue lips split into a coy grin and she clicks a finger gun at the Dwarf.

She then turns back and begins to complain about people without education that are given their magical power.

1 Like

Talraea looks from Dwarf to Elf. "I mean, it’s not like people join the Twilight’s Hammer because they’re thoughtful, practical sorts.

"Some join because they’re lost in life, looking for a place to belong, and the cult’s recruiters are just the first or most charismatic ones to reach out. It’s not about money for them, it’s about validation. Others want to see the world burn, so bitter and frustrated that they’re taking it out on all of Azeroth. And some aren’t in their right minds, or have heard the whispers we have and haven’t had our training.

“Any cult - and many secular groups - will prey on the desperate, the disillusioned and the deranged. Nobody gets into it for money, there’s none to be had. Those pulling the strings are either convinced that their end goal will somehow benefit them, or that the end goal can’t actually be reached. Those are the opportunists, basking in the feeling of power as their followers bring them anything they want in return for a smile and the promise that they matter.”

2 Likes

“Sorry darling for bringing this up… but that charming Umbric started his own shadowy cult, so I’ve heard”

She smiles gently

“Or… that was a different kind of cult? Not that I have any problem of the Ren’Dorei. Its heartwarming to see our distant cousins studied such a dangerous force, like the void, and managed to learn to use it. I wouldn’t trade my Arcane mastery for to be a Void-Mage, but I must say, Im impressed. The Quel’Dorei blood of Azshara’s court is still as strong as it was ten millenia ago, and continnue in you…”

1 Like

“‘Studied’? Is that what you’d call it?”

Astrophel eyes the elf with an eyebrow raised before turning back to the selection of wines offer at the stall, “Hmm, the demand for arcwine must have shot through that arcane roof of yours, huh? Or do you not sell to the… ‘lesser races’?” A smirk lies on the humans face with jest before taking his usual order.

Velyrina stops herself with one hand at a bottle of wine and turns her head to look at the mage with a slightly questioning face
“Well yes, what would you call it? Studying the Void was, and is the purpose”
She offers a shrewd smile and continue to purchase the wine.

“I have nothing against studying the void. How is it different from studying the arcane, light or fel? All these forces can be manipulative and can bring the weak minds to madness and obsession.”

Shalim takes a long sip from his hip flask and continues browsing the collection of arcwine.

“Lovely to see such an open minded individuals together. As open as a field, as open as the sky. No minds could be more open without special surgical implements than ours…”

She ponders a bit takes a sip from her own glass

" The trouble with having an open mind , of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."

Zymara smiles

"Now, I’m sure we could compare notes about the Void and the Fel… After all, we are all “the good guys” so our goals without a question, must be noble!

She raises her glass

“A toast! For the Future!”

"Lady, people like you are exactly why the Void is scary and most people should stay away from it. To recap: The Void is probably the most likely of all magics to drive its wielders insane. The Arcane is addictive, the Fel is much more addictive, Light… Jury’s out on that. But the Void gets right inside your head. It’s not addictive, it’s seductive.

"It promises more than just power, it promises what you want. The whispers, in between the incoherent rambling and occasional demands to murder your loved ones, insist that you can bring them back, that you can undo the wrongs dealt to you, that you can handle what others couldn’t and learn what nobody else knows, that they can give you everything… Notice how ‘they’ suddenly become the ones with the power. Throw in a sense of scope and terrible grandeur that threatens to overwhelm the senses, and the fact that these things never stop for even a moment… Eventually it wears you down.

“When we became Ren’dorei, we trained under Alleria Windrunner - herself trained by Locus-Walker - for months to control ourselves and win out over the curse. And we’re not safe. Every day, every hour, every minute is a trial. The nights I don’t have nightmares are the worst ones, because it means I saw everything I wanted and turned it down. And I’m not telling you this to complain or to boast about my sacrifices, I’m telling you, and everyone else here, as a warning: You do not want this.

1 Like

“So let me get this straight… you are trying to warn me?”

She is amused

“How long exactly you are a Ren’Dorei? You do relize I’m - and the other priests of shadows and madness who are turning these powers against the enemies of the Alliance - probably using and knowing the void and its dangers way longer than your pointy eared kind dabbled in it by accident and became what you are today?”

Zymara winks

“But it is nice of you, really. Amusing and funy… but nice”

“And we’ve been doing it for as long as many of them. I got started in the Outland campaign, and many did even sooner. Umbric’s study group didn’t start with nothing but amateurs, it was a gathering of experts. Anyway, I’m pretty sure you’re a crazy cultist already, so I’m just trying to save who I can.”

(OOC: We probably shouldn’t clog up the topic with just the two of us.)

“Fair enough…”

She smiles and offers a glass of arcwine to the Ren’dorei with a wink

(OOC: I think you are right ^^’)

[Skip me]

Velyrina listens to the conversation between the fellow Ren’dorei and seem-to-be cultist Draenei. “I have to agree with my fellow elf here, I am clearly not against studying the Void but it’s definitely not for everyone.”
She looks away and seems lost in thought for a second
“On a totally unrelated note, can you get something to eat around here? I’m starving.”