What would your character say to the above poster? #28

“Have you also come to compliment the human at his skinning efficiency, orc?”

The druid comes, her hair untied and a smell of scented soap about her.

“Skilled through experience, that much was true. It could be seen there have been a few bad habits picked up along the way.” The druid comes from a nearby inn, a steaming beverage smelling of silverleaf and honey.

“What would you advise, orc? Or is that mask you wear just for display?”

2 Likes

The orc grins with a light smile…

“Well, you shall have your own eyes upon yourself… Evil deeds and personalities do not inform you always, they lurk within and become your habit… In a journey, you shall see what you want to pick and what not, your tool is wisdom for it…”

The orc looks in the distance… “Your people know well what watching means my friend, specially with your owl companions…”

He smiles lightly

Dangerbeard looks up at Kump.

“So Orc, would you say that a person is a sum of all their deeds, both the good and the bad? Or do evil personalities perform evil deeds?”

She fiddles with her sawn-off shotgun, taking the weapon apart and cleaning its individual parts seemingly without looking.

“Wouldn’t you say that that’s a bit too simple?”

2 Likes

The Seer, relaxed… He answers
“It may seem simple at first, when you look at it… You shall see it in action… when your evil emotions may overcome you, to do evil…
Blind vengeance overcoming… Honor fading…”
The Seer takes a deep breath
“Some things look simple when you look at them from outside… Like a cliff… A simple large chunk of Rock… But when you are inside it, you will see the complication and details of the maze… You dwarves with your cities in the heart of the Mountain know it better…”
He grins lightly, spoke with a calm, wise tone… As he smiles lightly when looks at the Dwarf

Dangerbeard rolls her eyes, making no secret of how unimpressed the Seer’s words have left her.

“Such wise words. Still, I wonder. What makes vengeance such an terrible emotion? What if a desire for vengeance brings down a terrible tyrant, while honor might demand that you do not get involved thanks to some oath you’ve sworn? If it truly better to slay an evil man in honorable combat? Why not cut his throat as he sleeps, poison him at dinner? Whatever means get the job done. Isn’t that what we say, that the ends justify the means? Perhaps we only say such things to somehow come to terms with the worst of our own actions.”

Dangerbeard looks at the Orc with a slight grin on her face.

1 Like

“Funny words for a Dark Iron lass!”

Modgar saunters in, a bit bruised and bandaged, but seemingly not bothered.

“How about ye stop fiddlin’ with ye tools and have a traditional Dwarven, ‘How do ye do?’” With that he plants himself (and his flagon!) on the opposite side, rolls up his sleeves and digs his elbow in the table with an open hand.

“First te three?”

1 Like

Teknetia hears the Dwarf behind him and laughs to himself. He finishes the last of his Ale before swivelling round on his bar stool.

“How about we make this a bit more of a challenge while the lady finishes cleaning the weapon?”

Teknetia walks over to the table and sits opposite the Dwarf. He digs his elbow into the table and firmly clasps the Dwarfs hand.

“Best to 3 and loser pays for the next round? What do you say?” Teknetia says with a friendly grin on his face.

1 Like

Dangerbeard nods at Teknetia.

“He’s all yours. I have little interest in proving whatever you two are hoping to prove. I’ll join you for that drink afterwards, though. Just gimme a moment.”

She turns her attention back to her shotgun, putting the weapon back together.

She would puff on her smoking pipe and say “Fancy tatoes you’ve got there miss fiery head”

1 Like

The orc seer grins…
“Your people’s females also tattoo their faces… So do some of my people… Mainly the Warsongs… Why you mark your faces? Hmm…”
He takes a deep breath… Calm and still…

Looks like it’s great warriors’ tradition

1 Like

“Actually Kaldori women choose dere facial tattoos when dey achieve a rite of passage, either when dey come of age, or dey choose which path to dedicate demselves to.”

She smiles shyly at Azuriida

“Also you’re really pretty.”

“Is… is that rat or badger on your head?”

He frowns at the Goblin
But smiled to the Elf

“Whatever, you are right… she is indeed pretty”

The demon hunter is sitting near the campfire in elven forest. He is focused on sharpening his glaive with whetstone, that looks like a someone’s skull. Over the campfire is captured fox, that is being roasted. She looks quite burned though. The demon hunter is interrupted with warlock, walking nearby.

“Keep your distance wolf, those purple balls near your neck are making me nervous. If you have friendly intentions, you might sit and stay here. But if you came here to fight, rather leave, or I might use your skull to sharpen my second glaive !”

Dangerbeard looks at Shalim and chuckles.

“My, you’re even less sociable than I am. Surely a man of your calling must have a good war story or two. Well let’s hear them. I’m buying the first round of drinks, if you’re having any. I might let loose a war story of my own if you care to hear one at all.”

“Normally I’d offer to join in and share my own, but most of my war stories read like a list of charges at a hearing for war crimes. I, uh, might be on the wrong side of some of them. In my defense, the Twilight’s Hammer really had to be stopped.”

Dangerbeard cuts an apple in two and takes a bite from one of the halves carefully weighing her words as she eats.

“You’re right, they did. I can imagine between the three of us we’ve probably done our share of questionable deeds over the years. I know I have, at least.”

She hesitates for a brief moment before going on.

“I’ll go first, then. I brought fire and sword to Khaz Modan in the name of the Firelord. Or, rather, in the name of the Dark Iron Clan. How’s that for war crimes?”

“Did you; in the process; use dark and corruptive magic to reanimate people into a hellish existence of undeath where their very personality and morality is twisted and warped by the dark magic animating their lifeless bodies, or did you steal, sacrifice, offer or trade people’s immortal souls for power or mere eternal vengeance in an act of implacable and unforgivable evil?”

The Void Elf asks as she sits in in a nearby chair; with one leg resting on the back of another chair while her invisible magical familiar treats her nails. She gives Dangerbeard a coy grin.

" … if not, then the Horde has you beat on a daily basis."

“By the Sunwell, not everything has to be about current events you overweight blueberry.”

1 Like

“Hey! She is not overweight!”

“But yeah, we should probably find a more pleasant topic.”