What would your character say to the above poster? #28

“‘More pleasant topic’? What’s more pleasant than Minute by Minute: Foundation of Temporal Magic?”

Astrophel looks away from the book stall holding said book, excitement on his face. His drops a little before he realises what’s going on.

“Huh. I think you guys are more affected than you think?” Astrophel eyes the Void Elf getting a magical manicure with a raised eyebrow. “I mean, there’s a good place in the other district that has nothing but good reviews. Do a pretty good scalp package, might I add.” The mage rubs his head as it catches the sun’s light exquisitely.

Astrophel goes back to flipping to his favourite chapters of the book, much to the stall owners annoyance…

1 Like

"Oh no… " Mahli’ficia’s cobalt blue face turns pale at the sight of the Minute by Minute: Foundation of Temporal Magic held up by Astrophel, instinctively pulling herself away!

“Do not get that thing anywhere near me! I have had enough traumatic experiences thanks to that cursed book to last me five lifetimes!”

She says, pointing at the book as if it had been the manifesto of Sargeras himself… or Rhonin’s biography!

1 Like

Zymara looks up, and puts away the examiner crystal that she used to scan a small statue made out of black stone, depicting a half-cephalopod, half-human creature curling into itself.

“By the purple hills of Mac 'Aree… never seen you to recoil from… well, anything!”

She blinks with a surprise

“What the Fel is in that book… aaaaan can I have it?”

1 Like

As Lareen sees Minute by Minute: Foundation of Temporal Magic she quickly takes a nervous sip from her canteen
‘‘Oh hoh hoo! That’s a real rarity! I’ve been looking for one of these for centuries!’’
Lareen quickly runs over to Astrophel
‘‘I’d recognise that author’s signature from anywhere! HOW MUCH DO YOU NEED FOR IT? I’M READY TO PAY ANYTHING!’’
Lareen quickly faces Zymara, only to shout
‘‘YOU CAN’T HAVE IT! GO AWAY! SHUU!’’

“This book contains important knowladge, in which I am interested”
Shalim points his glaive towards Astrophel
“It is curious, that this book is in a possesion of this… human. We proclaimed it lost.”
Shalim pulls his second glaive from his scabbard
“You cannot comprehend how important knowladge this book contains. It doesn’t belong to any of you”
The demon hunter’s voice changes as he explains
“Have you ever heard of the horned reaper and the heart of darkness? Surely you haven’t and you will never underestand how vital it is.”
Shalim points his both glaives towards the crowd.
“I need the information in this book. Just allow me to find it and then do whatever you like with that cursed book. I am not asking this. If you will resist, I will be forced to fight with you over this book!”

Here be o’ idea.

One book. Multiple mons… an’ womons.

So goin’ ta put foward o’ radical, world changin’, nevah befah tried idea.

-share-.

Ya dum dums.

2 Likes

“Or they could buy their own copies of a published and distributed tome that is so widespread that it bares a title of gnomish print.”

2 Likes

“Frankly, I do not see the uproar. While a good and interesting read it is quite widespread and easy to find. Just like my works have been in the past few years.”

Dangerbeard doesn’t seem to have moved at all since the conversation has turned towards the book. She nonchalantly puts her feet up on the table and nurses a large glass of dark ale.

“I have little to add to this conversation” she says, mostly to herself. “Except I think that the Troll has the right of it.”

She shrugs and takes another sip of ale.

“I like books as much as the next Elf, but honestly, you’re right, this is stupid. All this scuffle over a book that there are multiple copies of. I’d understand if it was some powerful, one-of-a-kind spell tome, but… Oh, whatever. Bartender! Another drink.”

Lytandrah looks around the scene, just silently watching for a few moments before blinking her eyes, as if thinking she’s seeing things.

As Talraea speaks, Ly turns back to lean on the bar and takes a long sip of her glass. After a few moments of hesitation, she scoots closer to the other elf abd speaks in a somewhat hushed tone.

“Do you have any idea what’s going on? I thought I did, but when the demon hunter got to drawing blades, they lost me.”

Being at the bar like he always is, he moves to the seat next to the elf, after ordering a few drinks… and being a bit drunk of course.
‘‘Eh… they look tae me like they ur fightin’ ower a book! Ah was ne’er a fan ay litetature… hic! Ay think I need another drink!’’
Then Deazur passes out.

Looks at the unconscious human and shakes his head.

“Foolish human. Next time you should drink something you can actually handle…”

Zymara looks up from her notes and map and nods to the Tauren

"To be honest… I never seen a human who doesn’t have that vacant look in his or her eyes that says, “Hold my head to your ear, you will hear the sea.”

She smiled to Kotur

“…or could drink anything stronger than water without any ill effect”

Dangerbeard, still with her feet comfortably upon the table in front of her and still nursing a pint of Ironforge dark ale raises her glass to Kotur.

“That’s wisdom I’ll drink to!”

She shoots a quick glance towards Zymara before saying, mostly to herself: “That one I’ll stay away from, packs more crazy than Shadowforge City under the Firelord.”

Hearing the tauren, the draenei and now… even the dwarf talking smack about him in the form of very quiet whispers he raises his head from the table
‘‘Lookie… We might nout be… able to handle as much drink as ye do…’’
Deazur hesitates before letting a burst of tears out
‘‘But I’ve been here for five days now drinking my sadness away! Ah lost my pupper only a week ago. I’ve been living off the damn bar snacks ever since… Good god, I need help!’’
And now he is full on crying.
‘‘Oh god… You know? He was something more than a damn pupper, he was a time-long friend who had been there for me ever since I started to train as a damn hunter.’’
And then Deazur gives a long, long think about what he just said
‘‘Oh dear lord this is humiliating…’’

Dangerbeard looks up at the now concious human.

“Ah, back among the living, are you?”

She smiles awkwardly at the now drunk-sobbing human and raises her glass again, drinking the last bit of ale left in it.

“Look, buddy. Your pacing is all wrong, and not that it’s any of my business but drinking should be a celebration of life, not a way of drowing your sorrows. Don’t just dull the senses, try and rekindle some fond memories of the beast with a friend. Hell, or even any stranger willing to listen.”

“That’s a good approach to life. Have fun, but know your limits. Hah, I’ll drink to that!”

Velyrina smirks a little
“Well, aren’t limits supposed to be streched?”
She raises her glass of red wine
“But let’s have a toast, she glances over at the drunken sobbing man, and maybe helping get him out to get some air”

“Why bother? His emotional weakness makes for fitting entertainment. In my opinion, at least.”