Whats wrong with Feral druids?

Everything…with guldan’s voice

Feral druids are the only class that is not viable in arena or raids.

• ı would prefer Catacylsm version of feral druids over current ferals an day.

• ı would prefer wotlk version of feral druids over current ferals any day.

• i would prefer Mop version of feral druids over current ferals an day.(though this one is weaker than other versions>aka new talents)

• i would prefer Wod version of feral druids to current ferals any day.

i wouldnt prefer current version of wow over other expansion version of feral druids ever.
Here is what is wrong about ferals.We are WEAKER THAN EVER.

If a class designer want to get an idea how a feral class should be ; he should inspect all old talents back and implement all the old utilities and talents back embedded in feral again. Tadaa feral is fixed.

I think the strongest of our talents was During cata(before shapeshifting nerf). After cata ; we started going downfall, each expansion crippled the spec more and more.Our spec also got divided into 2, which completely decimated how feral druids play in pvp/pve.

None of the other classes had this issue,every other classes had tank/heal or dps specs. Feral got divided into 2 specs; which both are only half efficient. The whole idea of ; i can both do tanking and melee dps’ing , im a versatile class ideology went into trash.
We also got ‘’ ability pruned’’ to be ineffective against the 2 classes we were designed to be effective ‘‘mages,rogues,warriors’’ .
Every other class has some kind of healing, but feral healing got nerfed after nerf while other classes got ‘‘1 button instant heals’’ while they shouldnt get it since start.
In old expansions ; bear form was a good defenseive mode ;Ferals had the choice to say ; Hey, im in defensive mode ; nuke’ing me in my bear form is a bad idea. We had a think called ‘‘savage defense’’
you may argue that splitting feral into 2 class was a good addition; i would say no. It is not. Feral was the only class that could both tank and melee dps. And it made them unique in wow before. Now it’s not.
Problem with ferals that ; without bleeds; our damage is too low; because blizzard strictly doesnt want feral to be bursty; another problem is blizzard doesnt want our bleeds powerfull too, because our hit and run strategy would be op too. I think its best way to do is merging all melee abilities some kind of bleed effect into it.This would compansate our lack of dps.
Some would say merging feral with guardian could make ferals op, i would say no. Ferals would be decent like other melees.If blizzard doesnt want ferals to be bursty; merging feral with guardian ;i think this is a potential idea to start with.
Or remove bear form from feral, and add new utilities and increase the damage overall. For example Implement feral(mangle)(cat) back.With % hp percent hits; and a bleed debuff (%30).

I think this is really the key issue. Feral isn’t actually that bad, it is just that everything it can do, Balance can do better. Or, if you have a Resto, it will bring all the utility that Feral has plus more, meaning you are better served with a DPS that brings a different set of utility.

Essentially, if a group wants Druid utility (which is certainly good to have), choosing a Feral instead of a Balance or Resto penalises you.

Yes, your picture shows that the mastery is different to what it is on live, hence it has changed. Whether it is a buff or not does not matter at all. And since the old mastery, thr mastery that just made your abilities deal bleed damage, is gone, its been removed.

Whether the new mastery has or doesn’t have the same name doesn’t matter. It is different, as Blizzard said.

Eh, feral is A tier in both 2s and 3s, jungle is even S tier in 3s.

Once, I suggested on dreamgrove (the druid discord) something crazy.
I even started my suggestion with a disclaimer saying that this was crazy.

Basically that suggestion was: what if they merged feral and balance ?
Some random dude instantly replied “lol I’m gonna ignore this dude right now”.

Ok… Nice little story isn’t it ? I don’t really care at this point if that idea is a good or a bad idea. If it’s a completely crazy idea or not.

I’m just thinking about it again because you said that feral main problem is balance and that feral don’t have the utility balance offer.
Makes sense to me.

But I’d like to comment on my little story aswell: if we cannot discuss ideas, including bad ideas, we’re going nowhere. Some dudes here need to learn what is a brainstorm and that suggesting something, even as crazy, is not a threat to anyone. Most of the ideas don’t get implemented in the game anyway.
So chill out. Accept that we can discuss whatever we want. If you hate an idea to the point you feel the need to take down the dude who bring it in the first place, think again. Either state why this is a bad idea, or go away. And reasons like “this cannot work because of reasons I won’t or can’t explain” is not a reason. It’s just that you’re being lazy or you just don’t know but don’t like the idea.
You can still say “I don’t like it”. Nor problem. But you need to allow everyone to express their ideas. Even crazy ones.

I’m kinda fed up with this community, sometimes. /rant

Since mop they nerfed feral in every way and give us nothing fun/useful back in return.

2 Likes

Well, i think this is a very raid single target kind of feedback.

I actually prefer the talent that extends primal fury duration couple with the crit increasing azerite traits because i mythic+.
I do find the rotation good, so i think if there is a problem, it’s on how the damage is spread. Having more direct damage than DoT damage is a good thing if you ask me, given how squishy cats can be. So, they should be able to burst more.
Maybe Ferocious bite got out of control, but the talent on the first tier that buffs it is getting nerfed to adress that.

I would like to see more direct feedback than basically “do something!”.
I agree that utility might be missing. In particular Ursol’s vortex, wich other specs have. Not sure what exactly you mean besides that though.

1 Like

Playing feral is like running a high end restaurant but earning a McDonalds salary.

It’s just too much hard work for such mediocrity. Balance does the exact same thing (spread pressure through DoTs) but so much easier.

It’s a shame, Feral has always been my favorite melee spec. I always saw it as a better Rogue, where others view it as a bad Rogue spec.

4 Likes

We said that like 100 times so far. Its the same + its buffed even further.
You wanted the bleed to go, its here.
Bad news you better accept because i can give you another fresh screenshot, on belf next time i guess.

Yeah buddy, literally this “streamer” said: if you play feral you do damage to the group because you take away all these utility boomies have. Was a shocker, but kind of true…

Why take a feral instead of a rogue?
What if feral had what balance has? That would make it exceptional since innervate and treants will be very precious in SL at least in the begging because everything hits like a truck and healers spells cost was increased.

Now on top of that, giving feral leader of the pack would make sure everything has a feral in, but the question is… Does blizzard want this?

Cheers!

It’s not the same since Blizzard has said it was changed.

I was indifferent with the bleed(s) staying or going, what I did want was that instead of bleeds my damage would come from frontloaded damage on my abilities- Which it does now with the change. So now the damage I deal happens when I press the button rather than in 6 seconds.

Now my abilities actually hit hard when they land instead of with a delay. Whether it ends up veing a buff or not is still up to the number tuning, but I don’t care about that.

You can give as many screens as you like but the original blizzard post is still the source I will be looking at, not your opinion.

Hey! Wtf Dottie ;

Yes please! I’m tired of being an old druid main and having to say “uhm, how about balance in stead?” to any new player that asks me how to play cat - I just don’t want them to give up on the game based on what Feral’s like. :laughing:
I main holy priest now, and offspec shadow, which got a lot of much needed love very recently. I’m all for the other specs in that basket getting the same, 100%. Feral’s turn! They’ve waited for so long.

2 Likes

They are the first tank people try in levelling dungeons, they don’t look up what to do and just attack one mob, every other class does AoE and pulls the 7 mobs off them as they don’t know what they are doing. Even attacking the single mob they are still pulls it off them. That’s not just occasionally but all the time.

It happens every time I see a Druid tank, by the time they get to Mythics they just about know what to do.

Like a reply ago you thought it was prot mastery because its the second time you think blizzard removed it.
Let me remind you:

I know you have to argue forever because you already said you will, but that doesnt mean you are getting less funny in your disposition and i wont reply you exactly the same way as i did before.

Mastery works same way and its buffed to increase all damage done for a short time, you wanted it removed and its not. Your 1000 posts are still there.

Its been feral’s turn for like how many years now?
I start to feel they simply dont care about it, they just want balance instead.

Prot passive has nothing to do with arms mastery, idk what are you on about.

I said I wanted it changed. Turns out it got changed. Whether that change involved changing or removing the name or not does not matter at all to me. What matters is arms damage is now frontloaded, not backloaded, as said. I got what I wanted, since deep wounds isn’t anymore just a passive bleed.

Also whether it is a buff or not does not matter to me at all.

Well thats what you said, not me because you thought mastery is gone and i was talking about prot passive.

Thats it, so ask yourself maybe :wink:

You said removed because it sucks and you rushed partying " DEEP WOUNDS IS GONE WE WON" remember? Dont make me link you that post again, you do know what you said.
Its still same + buffing other abilities, worlds smallest violin.

I know you are bound to outlast me bla bla bla, you will come up with the same cycling answers again and again… And i will reply exactly the same :slight_smile:

Just to fight the undeserved stigma that Feral has: nothing is wrong with it per se. There are certainly still some problems - see e.g. My Feedback for Feral Shadowlands/Dragonflight or https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feral-feedback-consolidated/161093 - but mostly Feral looks to be somewhere between decent and good regarding Shadowland PvE.

TLDR: No need to kick Ferals from your M+ group.

1 Like

Prot passive is not part of arms toolkit…Nor does it have anything to do with the discussion about arms mastery since they are two completely different things. At least you admit that now, great.

You called it a mastery, so the mess-up is on you anyway. Either way, thanks for admitting you were wrong once more.

Yeah, deep wounds is gone. The version where it just does dot damage is gone. That is true. Fact.

Whether the name is the same or it is buffed or not does not matter at all. It has changed. Blizzard has said it has, so your opinion, again, does not matter.

You already left the arms thread in defeat, this’ll not be any different.

Looks like 3rd times the charm isn’t working out…

Was not me that confused those two. If you scroll up i just linked you what wowhead said its all up there you know.

It is mastery, its linked and screenshot calls it mastery. Are you… Ok ?

:rofl:
My beta access and pic i linked you calls it DEEP WOUNDS still. Now you can daydream because you want to argue over nothing. Your call fine by me.

Wont keep replying you on two threads just because you think its defeat.
All i see is you being funny over and over again.

Good luck with your plans

Yet what i linked you was arms mastery and while you thought once again it was removed you named it prot passive. What a great mistake, once more :rofl:

It is mastery and its still called deep wounds. yet you think its removed
Hallucinating i guess? :relaxed:

YEAH SURE :rofl:
https://ibb.co/Q8MPqvc

That is your personal hallucination mode i guess.
You got that bug in the LFR?
We still talk about same thing and you still talk about same things over and over trying to cover up your defeat and your lack of knowledge

Keep it up, SL is coming soon and you still gonna tell me then that Deep wounds is gone. :laughing:

Funny but ive seen people kick ferals, now though that we see a feral doing pretty insane they tend to be ok-ish with ferals in pugs i see/join