What's your Classic experience is like so far?

As a mage:

• resist
  • resist
  • immune
  • out of mana
  • dies

I love and hate this at the same time.

14 Likes

classic tbc rng patch just wait for pvp xd

As a druid ( Paper bear)
Against a single mob ( 1 lvl higher, without heals)

• Resist
  • Resist
  • Resist
  • Died

Against 2 or more mobs

• Resist
  • Died
4 Likes

Level 10. haven’t died once. But I can see where a lot of players get the impression the game was “harder” in Vanilla. It seems as such because class design in the early game was just poorly done.

I’ve died more since I started classic than I have for the last 6 months on retail, it’s great.

13 Likes

played briefly last night on warrior and hm for me it was typical mmorpg experience from around 2000

as long as you know that you need to develop you toon aka farm a bit from now and then more mobs then quests require to be able to fully kit out your toon into things like armour/weapons from vendors , buy all skills , level up all side proffs like first aid - utilize primary proffesions (in my case herbalism and alchemy for health and offensice/defensive pots ) and its really smooth ride

smooth but slow - oh boy so slow.

the only reason i was close to dying was because dynamic respawns are in some areas realy dynamic and 2nd mobs spawn on top of first one like 3 seconds after i engaged first.

overall just like i remember it - extremly slow and making me fall asleep which i eventually did after hitting like level 8 or 9 .

so far classic is delivering exackly what it was supposed to be - a dinosaur mmorpg from a bygone era.

like i posted in past 80% of people will quit before level 20.

but people who will like me treat it like a visit in mmorpg museum will have a good nostalgia time reliving their childhood/teen years

6 Likes

As a priest, after i got in from a long que, I’m loving it. Died a few times but that’s fine and expected.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. Playing it just gives you a new appreciation for how far the game has come. This is a boring, outdated mess. While it does have its strong points, anybody saying this was the best version of WoW needs help.

4 Likes

As a paladin:
Seal
Autoattack
Autoattack

Autoattack

But I love it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

A lot of what you said is true and yet I still found it more fun than retail because there are a lot of optional things you need to do, to make it smoother. I cannot wait to hit 18 and get in the bg’s when they arrive

1 Like

Community is the same from retail. In other words, trash.

5 Likes

Really great. I am duoing with a Warrior. As a Shaman I feel really useful because when he pulls multiple mobs, the greatly increased difficulty compared to BfA means it matters whether I heal him or not. He simply dies if I don’t while in BfA he would just annihilate them without a care in the world.

1 Like

Havent been able to play yet

1 Like

Oh no please stay.

2 Likes

Class design is done in vanilla much better than whatever they have in BFA. I tried levelling a warrior in BFA, it was so mindnumbing that I couldn’t die even if I tried to. One, two shotting all mobs and barely taking any damage.

I had 100 rage from 1-2 hits on the mob. Rage didn’t feel like rage but more like rogue energy lol.

11 Likes

So happy to be back.

Loving everything about it except out of my old friend base I’m the only one who has returned.

Queues haven’t been too bad. Bit irksome after being disconnected but not bad.

In the first few hours I’ve spoken to and grouped with more people than I have done since Wrath.

But is that just me wanting Classic to be as it was!? Or is it that an active world means it’s necessary to engage or hang around forever trying to get “that” mob or “that” item.

2 Likes

Imagine playing a game and wanting to die…

1 Like

It just feels 100 times better than playing BfA so far.

9 Likes

My experience was 30 minutes of lag and chat spam on launch and queues so far.

I can already tell that without the community I would probably not last long.

1 Like

I am enjoying it but i cant find out why.
There are some issu’s like horrible quest discriptions (go and kill this person. No i wont tell you where she is) and people grouping purely to share mob tag and leaving soon after.

I am not sure what to think of classic yet.