What's your Classic experience is like so far?

Its not supposed to be easy. U must figure it out and explore

1 Like

I was in queue from 15:40 to 21:50/22h played 1h and gone to bed

In the queue time I installed Team viewer on computer and mobile and sync them

Now i can start my queue a few hours before going home

But when you have done these quests countless times before, you already know where everything is. You can only play vanilla wow for the first time once

This. The community is no different than retail. Just because itā€™s labeled ā€œclassicā€ doesnā€™t mean people will automatically become different.

I love the experience so far, for me itā€™s the lack of pointers for quests, you have to read the text and take in the story. Itā€™s a lot more immersive that bamā€¦what Am I killing again.

I have died numerous times as a warrior I didnā€™t quite remember being so rage deficient.

And no mount til 40 which buts a real sense of achievement on it.

BFA everything is given so easily however Greyā€™s and whites are a common sight up to lvl 20 in classic. You have to hunt for your gear rather than be granted a full set of greens in quest rewards.

I think they can learn some solid lessons and improve normal wow from this.

6 Likes

I am not asking for a quest marker but they could atleast have mentioned she was on a farm in eywin forest.
Instead of she is dating some named defias mob.
Like that name shoud mean something.
It isnt going to help me find her.
It would be like sending you to kill jhonsen mcree.
How are you going to find him?

Itā€™s not an impression, itā€™s a fact. NPC health/armor/damage is much higher relative to the player when compared to say BFA.

3 Likes

sounds like youā€™re playing druid wrong xD

not experienced that thus far. in fact total opposite.

• people forming an orderly line and queuing for a quest mob.
  • people buffing other players as they run past (im spamming BoM on anything that moves)
  • people thanking others for being buffed.
  • actual chat in /1 & /2. thats been basically dead for years on retail except boost spam.
  • people healing others who are not full health randomly in questing areas.
  • lots of questions in chat, and lots of helpful answers.

in fact, only bile iā€™ve seen thus far is a BfA fanboy trying to rip classic apart on /2, only to be called out and questioned why is he even there if he hates classic so much

its only day 2, but even stillā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦

3 Likes

I love the slow pacing. Having class trainers for my skill-ups. People assisting each other when in a pinch. A guy making bags for everyone in Brill. :slight_smile:.
Questions in /1 being answered properly by nice people instead of 15 trolls.

From my experience, people are much nicer and talkative. Of course, some still refuse to group up and insist on tagging one mob alone while 4 others are waiting as well. Trained monkees donā€™t think much beyond their training, and social skills are not part of everyoneā€™s upbringing.

And this. Donā€™t know why people even do this, but thatā€™s what the ignore button is for. I kinda feel sorry for them.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a priest, my husband is a rogue. So far, Iā€™m tanking and feel like I really shoulda rolled a paladin. No divorce yet though, but we have westfall murlocs to kill next.

3 Likes

Need to slow down and enjoy the journey. You will find the person mentioned in the quest via exploration of the World of Warcraft and not via a magical Tom Tom device.

2 Likes

Started a warrior, as I played that class back then as my first. I originally wanted to play something else, but my old guild kinda reformed with (almost) everyone playing the same classes they did back then. Just felt natural to me.

I inadvertently hotkeyed Autoattack (as it is there by default) and kept pressing it during combat.

Iā€™m broke with little to no bagspace and I only died once to a wolf. The only reason I didnā€™t die sooner is most likely because of all the other players killing mobs around me.

Currently level 8 and during all yesterday evening all I could think was: ā€œItā€™s almost silly how fun this is!!ā€

2 Likes

Mostly queuing to log in and then getting DC so who knows.

Logged in, saw 20k queue, logged out. Went to play cs go. So far so good.

2 Likes

Never had this fun on pc games in many years. Currently 14 on my mage.

5 Likes

my classic experience? xDD

QUEUE
QUEUE
QUEUE
QUEUE
QUEUE
QUEUE
QUEUE

3 Likes

actual gameplay experience so far:
even though the 2 toons i reserved were horde on pyrewood cause iā€™ve been playing horde since 2008, my FIRST toon in the game was a paladin human at the start of TBC, so all my online time so far has been on a human paladin on the RP realm (hydraxian waterlords?)

• stat increase every level. only +1 stam/agi/stg/int/spirit, but still
  • weapon skill increase
  • the visuals of seals, auras and blessings.
  • resistances in character profile
  • (not got them yet but) a talent tree with the progression of getting a talent EVERY level.
  • people buffing each other and generally being polite and interactive
  • little buffs. people randomly having potion buffs of all sorts.
  • an active /1 & /2
  • weather! weā€™ve had heavy rain and fog thus far in elwynn.
  • a feeling where you can just stand around, but not be missing out. iā€™ve played 6 hours, and the last 3 hours i have been level 8 and standing at SW entrance just buffing people with BoM while talking in /2, posting here, or doing other things around my room. if i was playing BfA i would feel that if i didnā€™t do todays dailies, then that would be x amount of rep i had missed out on for today, and never regain.

there are probably many others, and more that only appear as you level up, but i think maybe a big part of what im liking about classic is just revisiting the game as it was when i first played in TBC, and to be fair, i cant list that as a bonus of the actual game. its just a nice feeling.

while obviously there are many things that classic is missing from retail, these are QoL issues which for the most part have been rectified over time. however the things listed above just arenā€™t in the game anymore, and thus a loss over all imo.

also, i know this is only day 2, and the TERRIBLE release might have put a bad taste in peoples mouths, but i dont know how classic will do overall, even if i will keep playing, but i am enjoying this now tbh, and i think i would rather play classic than retail, because as a collector, retail is just so painful and punishing with NO outlook of help on the horizon.

2 Likes

I love this game! tho I never played it back in 2004

So far itā€™s awsome.I accidently left the Earth totem in my bank (cause bag space,duh) then i was like why are my totems greyed out on my barā€™s,as i am about to pull Aacha.