What's your Classic experience is like so far?

I think you’re confusing, desiring a challenge with wanting to die.

My experience is, that as a priest, you REALLY want to get your hands on a wand ASAP.
You also wanna look into leveling talents, and NOT go for that Deep Holy you will use at endgame.

As a Priest, you also rather fast become aware of the people who are new to classic wow, as they leave you because all you can do is to Dot, wand and Heal. (srsly someone ditched me because I couldn’t do more DPS spells at level 13 haha)

In General:
EXTREMLY friendly players, Chatting, joking, laughing… so much grouping. Friendslist getting filled in.

People actually helping oneanother, and trading is flourishing. It’s not uncommen that people will take the tram between SW and IF just to trade a Light Leather for a Bag or a wand for some bolts of cloth.
And gasp the trade chat is actually STUFFED with proffession and loot trading.

In crowded areas people (mostly) line up for looting an item, or wait their turn for a named “boss”… People actually respect other people’s “spots” for farming mobs for drop quests.

Oh yeah, and people are feeling happy about something as a gray item <3

2 Likes

I was skeptical at first but never felt this type of immersion before. It only took a few quest before I fell in love. I’m definitely not going back to retail. I thought I would hate leveling slowely and dying whenever I take more than 2 mobs a time. It surely feels rewarding

3 Likes

Oh and then I can say that I love old Stormwind a 1.000 times over the modern version :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: It feels so big, and really “middleages”. Love the smokey/dusty dwarven district, the castle and the Park <3

1 Like

i’m playing World of Queuecraft

1 Like

Ignoring the queues (which honestly I expected, doesn’t bother me so much) I am having the best time ever.

I’ve made new friends running around just randomly chatting to people, the general and world chat is top bantz as well as there being helpful people for new players, throwing might on any melee chars I see generally gets a /thank or a whisper, getting excited with my buddies on discord cus I looted a green or found a treasure chest, levelling fishing and starting a conversation with fellow fishers. All the small interactions I’m having is more than any I had in the last 2 expacs of current wow, and I’m a friendly person so I tried :frowning:

The best bit is I’m taking my time and just enjoying how the game feels and looks. I never experienced classic, and I’m kicking myself now for not playing it back then.

I absolutely love it. It’s almost like WoW for adults. People are polite, take turns with quest mobs/items, general chat is actually people asking questions and getting sensible answers, people randomly buff as you go past and receive a thank you and the sense of community that’s been missing so much from Retail is all over the game.

The game itself is challenging again, trying to take on multiple mobs is actually hard and there are so many ‘oh yes, I remember that being a thing’-moments. Buying skills, having to loot mobs one by one, reading quest text and exploring to find where the hell you should be going.

I’m addicted all over again <3

3 Likes

So far (apart from the Queue’s) I am enjoying it, and can confirm that for me at least its more than just a nostalgia trip…

Comparing it to retails is like comparing Apples with Onions… but to me Classic is just more immersive and enjoyable… the Community so far seems more helpful and optimistic

Yeah… Enjoying it far more than BfA

1 Like

Boring, slow, one spell rotation. World feels wierd. Im back in retail and i like it even more now. Really dissappinted in this “classic”

Yeah imagine wanting challenge in a game. Jeez. That would be awful.

I had quite different experience. Sure, you get random invites for the quest you’re doing right away, but that’s only because there are so many players doing exactly the same. Once in group, people are generally quite friendly and often stick around for several quests, often chatting in between.

Not as i remember, i spent 40 min on a quest collecting Nightstalker pelts which have an abysmal drop rate. Even though i did this in vanilla, it’s understandable why you’d want to forget such things.

• quee 16k
  • resist to stop
  • quee 14k
  • immune to panic
  • out of patience
  • log off

yeh dude me doing 5 heroic strikes in a row and they are all dodged/parried is very challenging!

1 Like

Priests do higher damage than Rogues in low levels, around 15+ he will hold aggro easily and all you have to do is basically throw a renew on him and dps. :slight_smile:
Btw Mind Blast cause a high amount of threat.

Position in queue 16000, play for a few hours, disconnect, position in queue 21000.

it’s been awful, watching people be high 20s over on US and some on EU while I am 17 after doing an ALL NIGHTER no sleep because I wasn’t lucky enough to not be DC’d EVERY time a wave went out, especially when ur someone like me who wanted to go hardcore.

all thats been happening is que for hours, disconnect not long into game, que again,dunno if they’ve fixed it today cus I haven’t gotten to play yet.

I have personal experience in that some ppl never DC while others always DC. My BROTHER is one of these people who hasn’t been impacted by ANY of the DC waves.

see i disagree with this.

the reason why most feel this way is because they go in there fully kitted out in previous tier/expansion raid gear.

if all they had was in game greens/blues from leveling they would have as hard time as in classic (well not as hard because their toolkit is not as limited at higher levels)

you either didnt level up in vanilla or dont remember but on high levels when your toolkit is much wider if you know how to play you not only pull much faster but also much more.

prime example are mages which are pulling machines in classic. yet i dont doubt that on initial levels 1-20 they do die sometimes. because they lack toolkit to be aoe leveling monsters.

even leveling an alt in classic will be completly different experience then leveling your main because you will send him full set of bags , pots , food , some crafted gear , boe greens/blues and couple dozens/hundreds of gold making him to instanty buy all spells and all initial gear on vendor making game soo much easier and faster/smoother

serious question: why don’t you play on a less overcrowded server?

the disconnecting issue was a universal bug, nothing u can do bout it, but yes shorter ques help

some people are just lucky not to get DC’d whilst others of us get DC’d every f*ckin couple hours