When will the Blood Elves leave the Horde?

As they should be. I never want to see a cataclysm again that just deletes beloved sights and content for shock value.

Except it wasn’t done for shock value or story reasons, was it? Flying in Azeroth proper was a long clammered for feature and the design of the old zones (especially Horde zones) aged very poorly to put it charitably.

I do get the cynicism given the context of MoP, Legion, BfA and SL however, which have developped a trend of Blizzard relying on shock value a bit too much.

It mostly was that, and gameplay reasons. There was no graphical reason to drain the Loch in Loch Modan, it certainly didn’t look better after. Indeed, cata had very little in the way of graphical upgrades around the world. It wasn’t like BfA Arathi and Darkshore, where they actually remade the place with modern assets. They mostly just changed the layout with the same asstes they had before. The Stormwind remake and the spikey orc stuff were the exception, not the rule.

And I’m not necessarily against doing what they did in Cata (thouigh I don’t think they should permanently destroy stuff again, or at least be veeeeery careful with that). But since redesigning is a hit-or-miss-thing, keeping the old version in is obligatory for me.

With the new Shadowlands system for treating expansion packs as separate levelling experiences it’s no longer really necessary to bring say TBC up to par, for the sake of new players.

That varied from zone to zone. The Horde zones were the clear beneficiary of Cataclysm i don’t think anyone would contest that one. I do see where you’re coming from with some examples of changes, for the sake of changing things.

I call BS on that. the Barrens was lost to being contested when it was in firm Horde hands in classic. And now everything is worse since Silverpine and Hillsbrad are branded as conestetd too. Bfa pulled the Horde by the balls and left us with a bad feeling. The Horde as a whole was the biggest loser of the last expansion. And I would be thankful to NOT repeat that. Eversong and Ghostlands stay Horde. Not alliance intervening anywhere. Just stop it.

Change is good when meaningful. (Before the leak) I could have totally accepted Hyjal be a Night Elf / Alliance only levelling location. It’s meets the theme, it’s where they took the story following BFA - Exploring Kalimdor, despite it’s faults, cleared up some issues.

Changing a zone’s allegiance, especially a starter zone causes issues. I mean, you take the Blood Elves away, you will have to create a brand new leveling experience and where would that take place? Blizzard need to try and resolve issues for the playable races (namely Night Elves and Forsaken), not resume those issues, plus making the Blood Elves homeless as well.

So you’re telling me that you prefer spending bulk of your time levelling, in a mostly empty orange zone doing repetitive fetch quests, as compared to actual questlines and stories? Really? (3 of 4 out of which revolved around beating the Aliance out of those zones and even organically lead into the siege of Theramore, which previously was the staging ground of the Northwatch invasion)

Current canonical start for all PCs is the island technically, but outside of that you can still choose to level through any of the cata era starting zones and theng o into any expansion’s content so i don’t really see it as a problem, in light of the levelling changes that have happened. Plus since like WoD pre-patch there have been zones, which changed based on the expansion you’re level appropriate for like the Blasted Lands with and without the Iron Horde incursion.

Giving Quel’thalas a new map would entail some substantial changes or story involvement, which in current day would inevitably involve the Aliance to at the very least some degree. We may not like it, but that’s how the cookie crumbles.

Well it involved the Alliance before, but as kill quest NPCs.

I think that is enough for Alliance involvement. Just like how we recently discovered the Sunhawk Blood Elves were semi-Horde aligned on the Azuremyst Isles. So we had Horde involvement to an extent, there but just as kill quest NPC’s.

I think all elves should unite and create Something like Elven federation or Elven aliance.

2 Likes

As a non-elf I approve of the idea of making the elves their own faction and hopefully waging war on them. :+1:

2 Likes

Big no’s on that. We don’t need another Bfa. Leave Quel’thalas alone. They don’t deserve to be turned contested. Alliance has their own lands and the Horde has theirs. Stop it.

But you need kill quest NPCs. I’m not in favor of the zone being split between Horde players and alliance players, but Alliance NPCs (just like how the Night Elf spies served in the zone now) can help with the quest flow.
It reminds us that the Blood Elves are in the Horde and they aren’t going anywhere and they treat Alliance hostility (through NPCs) with appropriate action.

Just like the update to the Azuremyst Isles - I’d say the same sort of thing should happen with them. Perhaps a small Mag’har force has infiltrated the Bloodmyst Isle and the Draenei player pushes them off the Isles.

Aldmeri Dominion?.. Good luck getting them to work together, they pretty much all hate each other at the moment.

the ESO faction is quite well together. They are the srongest alliance on the continent. And I am sure Ayrenn will take the ruby throne.

1 Like

Actually those Kaldorei Sentinel spies should just be replaced with Void Elf NPCs. It never really made much sense for them to be there but at least Void Elves make more sense for sure, especially in the Ghostlands where they started their researches of Dar’khan stuff anyway…

Aldmeri Dominion would mean the Vulpera (Khajiit) get to join the Elves as well though :stuck_out_tongue: and despite being powerful they are a bit too evil for the standards of WoW, not just against the other races but I also think they ultimately have the objective to undo the physical universe just like the Burning Legion and Void Lords… I was thinking more about a neutral elven protectorate that doesn’t involve itself in the Alliance-Horde wars but at this point the elves of the Alliance will never trust and work alongside former Horde races anyway after Teldrassil…Sin’dorei and Shal’dorei alone could still be strong enough to build something like that in the future maybe, if they reach a point where they think they can prosper without being involved with the other Horde races…like I said though, it can’t happen during WoW, so it’s a very distant future anyway

1 Like

I could easily see Azshara appealing to their pride and former glories. They’re all old enough to remember some semblance of the good old days one way or another and seeing how hard they fell, in the absence of their one true queen, whom they’ve scorned so long ago. Or something like that, at any rate.

2 Likes

Well I’m talking about an updated Quel’Thalas, where I would indeed, change the kaldorei spies to ren’dorei voidcasters and quel’dorei rangers.

I also think, when dealing with this, their would be room for a Sin’dorei / Forsaken (Dark Ranger) union to deal with the alliance threat.
Now, this isn’t to rule out a Sin’dorei / Shal’dorei union working together, that needs to fit in somewhere…just need to work out where. (Personally, I vote for a small Naga invasion into Quel’Thalas and this is what the Sin’dorei and Shal’dorei deal with.)

Actually you don’t wana be Alliance right now as you can’t get anything done over there unless you have no life

This made me giggle, especially the Wretched Healthcare System. Shall we call it the WHS? :smiley:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call the lands of Quel’thalas land. More like a toxic dump.