Where Are the Strong Male Figures in the Latest Expansion?

Woooooooow. The glaslighting is real.
I said no such thing; not even close.

Have you been to Azhj-Kahet? Have you experienced the storyline in Hallowfall?
Plenty of darker themes in this expansion.

No. Only people such as yourself; brainwashed activists.
Normal people often don’t care (to be clear: that’s different than supporting it).

Only using facts to make it clear that your whining about something that doesn’t matter.
You only think it matters because you think of it as part of some greater conspiracy.

Hahahaha. Okay dude.
Self reflection is not your strong suit, I get it.

You realize that everyone can see this type of drivel, right?
What echo chamber, my dude? I’m talking to YOU. Noone else is echoing my replies.
Do you even know what an echo chamber is?

You impress me again and again; but not in a positive way.

I’d like those in the game actually.
Better than being addressed as ‘they’ all the time. :person_shrugging:t3:
Choice is good.

Quite easy. Stop obsessing over it.
All the things you mentioned about Squad, I didn’t know. Because I don’t care.
Because I don’t go looking for it. I just thought it was an uninteresting, bad game and so I ignored it.

Makes the world so much easier to live in when you don’t go looking for issues everywhere you look.

Like I said: This is a you problem.
It might be a good idea to seek some professional help. Your obsession doesn’t sound healthy.

Have a nice day. I’ll be busy the rest of the day, so I’ll likely read your new nonsense tomorrow.

1 Like

You’re doing this though?

Escaping reality and escaping from black people are two entirely different things

Funny that the straw man comes from another person.
Perhaps I don’t want games to die?
The Woke Saints Row Reboot 2022 killed saints row and volition studios.
Make a game as Woke as you like. Does it sell?
If it doesn’t then where are companies supposed to get the money to pay their employees wages?
Blizzard has already laid off 2550 people.

Contrary to what some might think. I don’t want to see the games industry die. I liked Saints Row and played up to the 3rd but with Woke activists taking over and producing the 2022 Reboot, Saints Row franchise is dead there will never be another Saints Row.

DEI and ESG initiatives are always forced. For example Spiderman 2 by Insomniac was full of Wokeness and LGBT stuff. Who buys a Spiderman game just to help a gay (or any) couple find love?

Yet this content was removed for the Saudi Arabia and Arab versions of the game. If this version was permitted for Western audiences then how much copies of the non Woke Spiderman 2 would have sold in Western markets?

The bottom line is that the product has to sell. People actually have to consume the content or play the game.
Apparently the petition for a season 2 of Disney Star Wars the Acolyte has reached 80 thousand signatures.

Disney has to get a return for their $180 million investment. Rotten tomatoes viewer score was 13% at the lowest. Companies can not afford such investments without a return.

https://youtu.be/mMd1m_-YK9s?si=CxkJBb8fcgQW2de5
Khadgar of the past - capable - decisive - reliable. Yrel and Durotan can completely trust their back to Khadgar despite being a stranger from another world.

https://youtu.be/yDUs6tvlVpM?si=z4ffotZThPsROlrM
Khadgar now. The mansel in distress waiting for the girl boss in ranger armour to come to his rescue. Except he died anyway and was ressurected by Anduin.

This completely diminishes the role of Guardian.
For context. The Amani Trolls were once powerful enough to attack Stormwind. It’s rulers knew that they could not stop the Amani so they asked Medivh for help. Medivh Solo’d the entire Amani and the Amani never recovered from this.

Khadgar is supposed to be the successor of Medivh.
Diminished males and masculine girl bosses. Who asked for this?
Is this going to increase or decrease player engagement?

2 Likes

Not necessary.

That says nothing about the actual size of the group that for all intents ar purposes might be bigger then what you consider

Also, define normal people, otherwise this argument falls flat considering it then becomes subjective and no offense but I don’t believve in a normal unless adressing literally 99% of the populace, and I can assure you this opinion is much more nearing a 50/50 then either of us would like.

1 Like

I’m in 100% agreement with all of this.

I was having a conversation with my mate last weekend about Saints Row and how I played up to the 3rd game (and loved it) but couldn’t believe how quickly they killed the franchise by letting the pink and blue hair brigade make key decisions.

What a lot of devs need to understand is that the silent majority of gamers are still straight males and a lot of them don’t post on forums at all; they respond by not spending their money on woke garbage.

He and She are not “preferred pronouns” it is just normal designations of biological males and females.

Male and Female is something that some people find to be “problematic” as it is not “inclusive” enough. Which is why Male and Female was banned in character creation and Body type 1 Body type 2 was forced on the player base. No doubt a DEI and ESG directive.

This is where you are wrong. Ethnically homogeneous works with fantasy races.
Elder Scrolls is a better example of this.

The Dunmer/Dark Elves all without exception are ash skin and red eyes. Altmer/High Elves tall slender golden colour skin Bosmer/Wood Elves are short.

You are also not paying attention to the timing. Amazons Rings of Power are pushing Black Female Dwarves and Black Elves. Around the same time Dragon Age Veilguard is pushing Black and Asian Elves. As Elves are just pointy eared humans at this point.

So yes. Can not pretend that diversifying fantasy races is not happening.
The more this is done the more the death of escapism happens. Since what is supposed to be fantasy is constant reminder of DEI and ESG policies. Current day Wokeness.

4 Likes

I don’t have an issue with anyone who wants to write a fantasy story or whatever making their elves look how they feel like. I mean I’ve seen versions of elves that are different from the standard, not just, dwarves too, even angels. Everyone has their own idea and that’s fine.

What annoys me some is that when they take an existing writer’s work and start changing it up. Like Tolkien’s. Who isn’t around to give his opinion on it.

But what annoys me the most is that this only goes one way. So for example, I decided to make a faction of elves that have african features, right? Nobody is gonna dare come in and make me “diversify” them. Why? By the rules and standards employed by these people to justify the diversification of fantasy characters, they meet all the criteria to be diversified. But they won’t be. Because it’s not about diversity, it’s about racism and hypocrisy and I’m getting really bored seeing people pretend it’s not.

3 Likes

I find this conversation entertaining.

Meanwhile I am playing Darktide where it dosent matter the gender, race, or sexual orientation. You are all just “meat” for the grinder who’s only purpose is to die for the Emperor …

One thing I like from Darktide is you can change the size of your toon. You can make a massive woman or a tiny man. Or any combination of it.

Of course, faithful to my tastes I made a massively huge woman. With a 6-pack.

What does that even mean? Escaping from Black people? You make it sound like someone is being hunted down by Black people or something.

Look at the Witcher games. Black people also played the Witcher games and enjoyed it without having to be “represented”.
The games was popular enough for a Witcher show. But “too much white people” was a grievance of some “games journalist” so the forced Diversity. The race swaps and gender swaps. They advertised the Witcher Blood Origins as having the first gay kiss in the Witcher. As if this is a unique selling point for why people tune into and play the Witcher.

The cult of representation considers it as justifiable to FORCE “diversity” almost a racial Equity (Equality of Outcome) the trouble with this way of thinking is that people do not like characters because of the colour of their skin.

Blade the Vampire slayer is a contradiction. Half vampire so he hates himself as he hates all vampires and will kill them all if he could. All of their strengths none of their weaknesses but he has the thirst that he takes the serum to try and quench the thirst but he only delays it.

There is nothing wrong with playing a game or watching a show without Black people .
I loved the Dynasty Warriors franchise based on the Romance of Three Kingdoms and warring period of China.

The TV show Shogun was chastised by activists for not having any Black people. A show based on 1600s Japan will not have any Black people.
But for the “cult of representation” things must be diversified or “represent” them in order to enjoy it.

2 Likes

It does not matter in Darktide cause they DEI-ed the hell out of the female models, resulting in the stuff of nightmares.

It dosent seem like it though. In what sense did they DEI the toons out ?

If anything, they look like really realistic looking females. As do the males (except the orgrin of course)…

No they don’t. Not even close. They were specifically uglified as to not appease the male gaze. That or the ones who created the models suck at making female faces cause the dudes look good.

1 Like

What they never ask themselves is: Will this sell?
They can do all the activism they want. They can insert all the DEI and ESG they want. However it has to sell at the end of the day. People constantly make comparisons. Such as Helldivers player population to Su1c1de squad kills the justice League. Black Myth Wukong sold 10 million units within 5 days and Concord could not get 1000 players peaking around 600.

More and more voices are asking: Where is the modern audience?
Surely after alienating existing audiences you need something to replace them with.
Kabrutos the guy behind Sweet Baby Inc detected and DEI detected became relevant because it allows the paying customers the choice of purchasing or rejecting DEI and ESG games.

You can have females - non white characters that have nothing to do with DEI and ESG.

Most people on earth are straight. Most gamers - paying customers - content consumers of gaming anime and other hobbies are males.
Franchises like Doom - Space Marines 2 - Gears of War 1 - 3 will always do well because it appeals to the main demographic. But when it is hijacked. Like Wolfenstein Young Blood or Gears of War 4 and 5 it does and there is no interest as you lost the audience.

It is a form of financial su1c1de to know what your audience wants but refuse to give it to them.
When put to the market and it fails they should accept responsibility but they often attack the paying customers that they refused to appeal to.

Criticism can be seen as feedback. This is 4 ways you’re messing up. It gives time and opportunity to correct said 4 mistakes.

1 Like

Yes, and completely disregarding the biological facts that the silent majority understand and are on-board with (male and female being the only legitimate sexes) in favour of body type 1 and body type 2 is quite offensive to people that are not on-board with the woke agenda.

There are a lot more people not on-board with it all than can be seen on any forum because as has been alluded to, the silent majority respond with their wallet and not forum comments.

Discrimination :point_left: :point_left: :point_left: this is the only word to describe this.

There are women that have naturally large breasts. But the narrative since around 2011 was “Unrealistic depiction of women” when curvy busty female characters were shown. Like Mortal Kombat 9 or Isabella Valentine “Ivy” from Soul Calibur franchise.

Male characters like Leon Kennedy of Resident Evil or Dante from Devil May Cry are considered to be attractive.

Yes ugly women do exist but so does attractive curvy women. Cosplayets have always proven this to be the case. Eve from Stellar Blade has a lot of women cosplaying her. But where are the cosplayers of Concord?

It is known for years now that female characters are made ugly on purpose. Made to look nothing like and significantly uglier than the models that they are supposed to be based on.

Why the discrimination against women with breasts larger than an A cup?
Why the discrimination against beautiful women?

4 Likes

BlackRock speaks about “forcing behaviours” a way of trying to establish a “new normal” so what you see time and time again is that Wokeness - DEI and ESG is mandatory.

Convinced that they have the monopoly. That it is either Wokeness or nothing. Problem is that trends are showing that in the past 6 years or so people are not purchasing “modern” games but the older games.

Forspoken - Su1c1de squad kills the justice League - Concord - Flintlockr - Dustborn is evidence that DEI and ESG does not sell.

So instead they attempt to hijack successful established franchise’s to carry DEI and ESG such as God of War Ragnarok.

Across the realms. Pushed by LGBT Devs to emulate the same gender romance of some of their team.
God of War franchise was always a Straight theme. Ghost of Sparta covered in the ashes of the wife and daughter he murdered - screwed his way across the women of Greece in order to try and forget even banging Aphrodite. To then go to the Norse mythology marry and settle down with a female giant just to try and be a good father to his son.

Some might ignore this just because it’s God of War or some might avoid God of War Ragnarok since Sweet Baby Inc worked on God of War Ragnarok so Wokeness and LGBT stuff is mandatory pushed for political and ideological reasons.

1 Like

Very frustrating arguing with you Molten cuz you always cherrypick bad games, (which in most cases didn’t just fail cuz of “DEI” there were bigger factors) while completely ignoring good ones BG3, Cyberpunk etc. Btw both new GoW Games are excellent, way better Gameplay and Story than the old ones and currently topseller on steam, I believe people dont’t care about DEI if the game is good, what people don’t like is liveservice :poop: were the whole gameplay is designed around cashshops, like suicide squad anthem etc.

1 Like

Totally ignoring that HE actually saves HER life.
But hey, when did you ever let facts get in the way of your fanatical opinions, right?

It’s what he does. Ignore anything that doesn’t fit his conspiracy theories.

1 Like

Just like Tah you need a Strawman to beat up instead of engaging directly. What is the Joker without Batman?
Convincing yourselves of Moltensage’s political affiliation when that has nothing to do with gaming.

It is not cherry picked examples but undeniable examples of failure of when DEI and ESG failed.
Time and time again the market was told that content was :point_right::point_right::point_right:Adapted for the modern audience :point_left::point_left::point_left: so when thete is failure after failure there is a growing frustration for the “modern audience” to show up.

The Marvels and Madame Webb are objectively box office failures rammed full of DEI and ESG the Girl boss. TV shows like Echo and Disney Star Wars the Acolyte are objectively failed TV shows once again scoring extremely high on DEI and ESG they just can’t seem to bring in an actual viewing audience.

Concord was a massive example of a failed game. A supposed Hero Shooter with characters like Duchess a Chinese elderly woman (possibly a grandma) with a gun. It is the pregnant SpiderWoman all over again (White and Black). Who is this actually for?

Unless activists can produce content that people actually want to play that people will actually purchase then they will murder another franchise and studio just as they murdered Saint’s Row and Volition studios.

Baulders Gate 3 is not DEI and ESG it just maximise player choice and allows for replay ability value.
God of War Ragnarok is made worse for working with Sweet Baby Inc. race swapping Norse mythological figures such as Angriboda is no different to casting Joe Biden as Shaka Zulu.

The old man that regrets his past of murdering the Olympians is not resonating with the playerbase they are now depending on past success more specifically other people’s success.

Wokeness can kill God of war just as it did the Star Wars franchise.
Preferred pronouns in Space did not make Disney Star Wars the Acolyte a success. Inserting LGBT stories is politically and ideologically motivated as it is LGBT just for the sake of LGBT.

Around 2019 David Jaffe for gay Pride month in order to virtue signal announced that Kratos of God of War franchise was bisexual - then changed his mind after people objected just to offend the LGBT activists for “queer baiting”.