Who is following the Asmongold - Taliesin meltdown?

No…parents should take responsibility for the content their children gets exposed to, not content creators.

Back when i was a child people actually fought for the freedom to watch what you want and listen to what you want. Today…the new generation gets offended by random stuff and wants to go back to being fed controlled information.

This really makes me sad.:disappointed:

10 Likes

But…what if your new sethrak overlords debunk the flat azeroth theory by actually confirming that azeroth is hollow?!

Nono azeroth shape is one of a forehead, at the ends there is a wall high 1bln kilometers with giant undead tuskar armed with nuclear tridents if someone reach them

The thought of someone else deciding for me what i can or cannot watch on youtube is disgusting.

7 Likes

Thing is, it’s not a real apology from the heart but from the bottom. Essentially damage control after his tantrum.

Funniest thing is after this so called apology you can find him at it again bashing Asmongold viewers. It’s anything but an apology, I don’t like to say it but as a grown and married man he really makes a fool of himself. It’s petty.

4 Likes

yeah the ‘apology’ from T&e was embarrassing at best.

1 Like

The T&E streams where great when they first started on twitch
Then later i feel like taliesin changed

Everytime he started talking about captain marvel and sjw i clicked away

Now he is punishing everyone who doesnt care about this drama and just wants to watch the stream by putting chat in sub only mode just because hes afraid asmongold fans gonna come in chat
First it he set it on follower only chat Then later suddenly on sub only

3 Likes

I guess it’s because he’s still standing by his points which is fair enough, I guess, the thing he apologized for was his attitude which wasn’t the best.

Honestly I don’t really know what to think (and I care relatively little), because he’s not THAT wrong about his ideas (about responsibility, not about asmongold being an idiot of course) but man if he made up a mess while trying to explain it.

While I don’t necessarily agree, I do think that online behavior should be dealy with similarly to RL. Threats via the internet should be dealt with as if it was a threat made in person.

This has spiraled out of control. Seems to me like too many of the generation who has grown up with the internet have no idea how to behave online. As is evident by real life threats over opinions in a video game.

2 Likes

freedom of speach doeant mean freedom to insult and abuse others.

there is a reason why humankind build up “social norms” over the milenia of civilisation and some topics are taboos for good reason .

unless you want to admit that you want to behave like savage and not deal with consequences of your actions.

2 Likes

Well not tolerating these comments won’t do him any good. It’s simple Tali could have dealt with all this better, not much speaking against this. However these comments don’t help in either way. Nobody can undo what happens, but this situation should be resolved.

Concerning the actual topic or what seems to be Taliesins intention I must say I do totally understand where he is coming from, the toxicity of todays online communitys is simply sad. People are asking him to accept threats to their lifes because “others had to deal with the same”. This is a large scale issue that cannot be resolved quick but maybe should get us thinking, those types of behaviour should be unacceptable…

I do also find it relatable when someone says a streamer has a certain responsability, especially when he has a young community. Streamers are an example on how this community works, they make certain things acceptable or not.
I just watched the linked video of Asmongold reacting to Taliesins rant and at some point he was talking about not understanding why he is called horrible I think. Just seconds later he has someone kicked from the group because that someone got a mount he wanted. These type of things have become accepted by the community and are regarded funny… I find this sad to say the least.

Of course this is my personal opinion and anecdotical evidence, but I am not one who enjoys Asmons streams due to these type of things. (While I must admidt that I do have phases where WoW pisses me off and I was totally annoyed by Talis positivity aswell xD).

So yes a streamer cannot exactly be held resposible for his audiences behaviour in all cases, but if you are an toxic/aggressive example then probably you attract that type of audience and “support” them in their behaviour.

its not only on internet . i see it in proffesional enviroment more and more often - young people who dont understand what dress code means , young people who cannot behave properly during business meeting , young people who cannot lead discusions in work on proffesional level . im not even speaking about people who do not know how to formulate emails and official doccuments in proffesional manner.

i do think that societies of west are slowly spiraliing down in case of social interactions and etiquiet.

2 Likes

[quote=“Jeremiel-eredar, post:437, topic:62723, full:true”]

the problem is that twitch and blizzard dont take any actions against him promoting behaviour like this.

instead making this into farce they should instantly force him to issue public apology and ensure he make sure his stream wont be filled with people who issues death threats

because if he doesnt it means he supports those people .

The problem with this nowadays, especially in the US is that snowflakes and the new generation gets offended by literally ANYTHING. Willing to even change the scientific fact that there are two genders.

I mean how dumb can humanity get at this point? People used to have more cojones before.

6 Likes

I will just repost Asmonds first ever reaction on Hazel video:

At 5:30-5:40,6:30 and around 12 min in the video he bans,censors what people expect him to do when watching a reaction.Watch the video.

As some people like to think that Asmonds viewes are kids,children he said him self,his viewer demographic is in mid 20’s mostly.
Also he is 28 years old.

I will just say this,the thread is about someone being a hypocrite,censoring and insulting someone else,all the while thinking his viewes are the right and only one.Someone with common sense would just say that he should have delt with the situation just PM Zack and asking him to stop.But he did that situation and everything after it,for worse and worse.

2 Likes

What a load of crap. Shall I apologise for them too? More importantly if I don’t does that mean I support them as well?

Threats are NEVER okay but if you keep engaging with that sort of person either directly or via passive aggressive comments on a twitch channel that’s recently become entangled in some idiotic drama and garnered attention then it’s your own fault if they don’t stop.

The internet can be a vile place. He can’t use “you have a moral obligation” as a shield because he’s not being attacked by immoral people. He’s being attacked by stupid people who think threats are funny and inflate their little egos.

1 Like

Are you serious?
First of all, Asmon has been very clear that anyone he sees making bad comments about them get banned.
And how do you expect that to work? How can one make sure that bad people are not watching your content? Hint: you cant.

If bad people watch talie does that mean he support these bad people?
He literally can not stop them from watching.

And it wasn’t Asmon that started attacking Talie, so he should not have to apologize.

6 Likes

I watched this when it came out and I was pleasantly surprised! He did his best to make sure people weren’t being disrespectful.

6 Likes

I’d deny it as a Stormwind conspiracy to get me to confirm to society.

Kicking for the mount was clearly as a joke. Hell, back in world PvP days we would do all sort of shenanigans for giggles.

1 Like