Who list isnt working

i cant search for anyone on the who list today, something went wrong after the update.

Mine is bro dont addon it up yo

@Rampage If you are running CensusPlusClassic or CensusClassicPlus disable the addon and the /who command will work correctly

Mine won’t work either

so i guess they somehow disabled census? meaning that we wont know the ratio from now on?

If it was intentional to break that addon; correct.

Otherwise we will get a fix soon.

As far as I understood, they made it impossible to use /who command by addons. I did not see any blue posts on that matter, so it’s hard to say definitely whether they wanted to break Census or it’s a victim of collaterial damage. I, personally, don’t think that they targeted Census. There are plenty of other ways to estimate a realm population.

Could be that they messed something up with their fix.

Did a /who XXXX last night and not only did it not show me the person, it went on a loop trying to /who on that person for well over 2 hours, kept getting messages that it’s Retrying and Timing Out.

I do not use any addons that might interfere with /who.

If you disable the Censuplusclassic addon /who will work again normally

Mine isn’t working either. Also, my Census broke as a result.

…or maybe that was Blizzard’s goal all along.

It was announced on Wowhead, that they broke CensusClassic intentionally. Blizz limited the amount of /who request an addon can make in a certain time period.

1 Like

I am not an add-on developer but I can make an assumption that if I would develop a LFG add-on, /who function will be my biggest resource to collect data and form groups. This API could be disabled regarding the blue post on the LFG Classis Add-on limitation. Just my 2 cents.

This API is not disabled. It requires player action to be used. So your LFG add-on would just require user to press button to run /who query.

And ClassicLFG, which is widely discussed as a primary example of LFG addon, uses that function only for very minor functionality (show information about player who whispered you, saving you from shift+click his name). It absolutely won’t break that particular addon.

Sadly they did an update yesterday which broke census addon. As others have pointed out if you disable the addon, your /who function will start working again.

blizzard covering their asses for if in the future if they want to lie to us about player numbers and realm health.

3 Likes

Or maybe they just protecting themselves from the constant /who from tons of players every seconds. Probably it generated a “little” bit of load on their servers. (Not really the intended way to use /who)

It will partially…

The /who command has a cooldown; it can only be used every few seconds. My guess is Census addons basically query the /who system ON COOLDOWN so it’s constantly in use. So when you go to manually /who people, you can’t because the census addon put it on cooldown.

1 Like

Interesting, I wish I knew more about modding WoW

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.