Who thought M+ changes was a good idea?

I may not be good at math, but i believe 20 is still more than 15. right?

Trinkets you say? Well. You have quantum from mythic+ that’s almost BIS for all classes. So there’s that. you don’t need trinkets from raid.

Again, what part of spammable is too hard to understand? Even if you manage to down denathrius every single week, you basically have around 15% to get something and around 3% chance to get what you want from him, your vault reward will be better from mythic+ and you can only do it once anyways.

Easier or harder is kind of redundant when it’s not rewarding.

M+ changes were a good idea. Let’s face it, the sheer amount and quality of items dropped from m+ in BFA was absolutely ridiculous. It was a right call to bring it down to a more reasonable level.

Wrong is that mythic+ requare only 5 playres so you migh also remove raiding becouse spammable m+ will be more efficient and esyser to do than any sort of raiding.

Yes this entire problems are created by 1 thing what controls players behavriour. Path of least resitance. It simply isnt possible to balance mythic+ with mythic raiding to make them equaly difficult and equaly rewarding.

1 Like

Indeed. While Blizz might have gone a tad bit overload with the loot nerf(can be debated sure). I also agree that m+ in BfA was pretty much a free loot pinata. Gear was getting shoved in your face like there was no tomorrow. Heck if you were really persistent, you could get fully geared within a week.

I can debate IF m+ should be rewarding or not. But if we compare it to raids which can be done only once per week(per difficulty). While M+s can be spammed to infinity.
M+ NEEDS to have a drawback to compensate for its “spamminess”. Otherwise you can just remove the raid altogether. Whats the point of it if M+ showers you in gear anyway?(and dont start with the. Well raids can give unique trinket and stuff. Gee. The reason of a raids existence = 1 unique trinket. Gee thanks :D)

There is one simple solution, make m+ more rewarding and make it weekly capped, then raiding crybabies dont feel the need to “spam” it or feel its “too good” because infinite loot. Can go even further and make dungeon gear have extra bonus that works in dungeons only, while raiding gear extra bonus in raids only, similar to how resilience worked in PvP. This way everyone can be happy with their activity.

Except majority of players what engage in all type of content.

On point my friend on point!
I think you get up votet in big companies untill you are no longer in your area of experties and then s… like that happens. If a realy good IT guy get’s the lead postion for personal and has no clue how to handle ppl.

1 Like

Players who engage most in certain type of content should be better at it and more rewarded for that specific content than those who engage in all types, but not as much.

No. Player what enage in all type of content should be one being more rewarded and better. It takes way more effort to do raids,mythic+ and pvp then just mythic+.

1 Like

No, someone who does just raids, or just m+, or PvP, shouldnt be forced to do other types of content to get best gear for the activity they do. If someone engages in all types of content then they can do it for fun, otherwise it creates these elitist players who do not allow their precious loot for other activities (for example raiders).

2 Likes

You re not forced to do anything. It is your choice that you want bis gear.

But in this thread and multiple others, raiders cried that m+ makes raids obsolete and they are forced to grind them if they are too rewarding.

Depends on how much you engage. If you run lets say +15s and above and raid mythic. Then of course you should get a bigger advantage over an sole-m+ runner.

Gearing paths needs to complement each other. Not try to isolate and “sabotage” each other. I am both a raider and m+ runner(on mediocre skill level anyway haha). So I can try to optimize my gear and setup with more “gear choices” instead of a guy who just runs m+ or just raids and therefor must do what he can get from their limited loot pool.

Yes. Because the balance between gearing paths was lost. BfA = m+ Main gearing path. Raiding on Pvp? A waste of time if you want to gear up efficently.

I support the idea of making m+ rewarding BUT taking into account the big picture.
So its like this:
Raiding = gearing path A, rPvP = gearing path B, m+ = gearing path C.

NOT Bfa version:
M+ = MAIN gearing path. Raids/rPvP = if you got nothing better to do and tire from M+s

Which it did. Its 5 man dungeon vs 20 man mythic. Content what is esyer to do should not rival content what is harder to do with gear. Harder content = better rewards pretty easy concept.

This is what happend in BFA. 5 man dungeons were more rewarding than raiding. At this point you migh also remove raids becouse mythic+ is simply easyer to do.

That is very wrong thinking, which prevents certain activities being rewarded, since it can be abused by people who do all types of content. Someone who is expert and does sole content, should always be better at it and have better gear for it than one that does less of it. If you do +20s you should have better gear than someone doing mythic raid, but only +15s.

As i said it can be easily fixed by having weekly cap on m+ rewards. I would like to see you get fully geared just from weekly vault before season ends. Vault should be an extra bonus to m+ gear, not the only way to get upgrades.

Weekly cap wont change anything. Problem is with difficulty. Its simply easyer to run and get together 5 man dungeon than 20 man raid you cant rewarding them equaly.

How can you know this if you havent done either content. What are you basing your ideas on? How do you know +15 is easier than hc raid, or even normal raid?

I have done high end raiding since TBC to end of MoP.
And i am not talking about mechanics. I am talking about social and logistacl difficulty of raiding being far higher than 5 man content.

What they are doing with this is to slow down the content consumption, its not a bad idea itself but there is such a void in between those activities. There needs to be something to work towards to if you can’t put your 10k hours in M+ at least have something else to do.

As for M+ loot ilv it should never surpass the HC raid ilvl. Thats half step in right direction. Make it more cosmetic heavy if that keeps playerbase happy but to have M raids already geared to teeth members is not fun.

So its not all good or bad

Give it a time they will make adjustments

But social and logistical difficulty is irrelevant. I have done heroic raiding and a little bit mythic in all expansions (didnt do much in SL yet) and its not a problem at all. HC raid is designed to be done with 200ilvl, i would like to see you do +15-17 with 200 ilvl, then tell me which is easier and should have better rewards.