Why 5 sec cast?

I dont understand decision making behing switching between skyriding and steady flight being 5 seconds cast. Current state is that i have dragonriding mount and steady mount both on the bar and i click the one i want to use and in 1,5 sec im flying. I dont feel that it breaks the game in any way. Why add 5 sec cast bullcrap? Just make it instant. Land the mount, switch and continue flying. Whats the big deal?

10 Likes

I agree with everything in this post except the formatting.

Using backticks in place of apostrophes can lead to some unwanted results.

9 Likes

Would be an issue for World PvP.

It’d remove the danger and nuisances you have to deal with in world content.

Plus all that extra time casting adds up to you being in the game longer! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just make it mount equipment but make it swappable rather then destroy on change

Its weird that its a 5 second cast tbh, i have the otter from 500 mounts and that can’t skyride so ill just use that when i want to be slow.

1 Like

This feature has the level of annoyance and uselessness that screams “Blizzard Entertainment”, just as much as a Panda screams “Fiat”.

The typical Bellular salad!

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure Blizzard doesn’t want you switching styles often. They’d rather you choose a style and stick to it.

1 Like

erm cast 5 s? Never heard of it! You talking about beta?

Update: I tried switch fly mount and dragonriding, still 1.5s!

Yes, it’s in beta. To switch between normal flight and skyriding you have to cast a 5 second spell.

Weird coz it is still 1.5s cast for me.

This should be talked about more! Making the toggle 5 Sec cast time AND grounding all Non-Skyriding Flying Mounts during Skyriding Mode feels like it’s done on purpose to make Static Flying a hassle.

Either they are doing this to actively get people away from Static Flight or they already planted this as a “Quick Win” in 11.1.5 “We listend and reduced the CD” Moment.

2 Likes

Honestly all they need to do is give slots for static flying and skyriding so we can choose a few mounts for each. There’s no need to change how it already is, let alone put a 5 second delay for no reason.

4 Likes

They mean this spell, not the spell to summon each individual mount.

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_entry_media/64/64HXAYMA51CF1717541505725.png

1 Like

Ah, I get it! I dont understand what they are thinking, but I dont need it! Only using dragonriding! Why would you want much slower to fly? :sweat_smile:

Some people don’t like Dragonriding for a variety of reason. Personally, I loved being able to use both types of mounts on the go, when I just needed to get a few meters up to a ledge, it was so much easier to just use a normal flying mount, than using an entire vigor to fly up there.

2 Likes

Annoying and useless. Sums up the entire Blizz workforce, along with this “feature”.

1 Like

I think Blizz just want us to pick a preference and stick with it permanently. That’s why they buffed normal flying so that it’s not so slow for the players who don’t like or cannot do dragon flying.

Unfortunately, I’m sure that plenty of players (like me) have already got into the habit of having both types of flying mount on keybinds and picking dragon flying or normal flying as desired. The 5 second switch-over is there to fix a non-existent gameplay “problem” caused by Blizzard’s typical lack of foresight.

My guess is that they didn’t realise (or care?) how many players still want to be able to use static flying. So we have the messy compromise between dynamic and static flying that we’re seeing from 10.2 onwards. Very reminiscent of the completely avoidable mess that was the Covenant changing system.

2 Likes

You dont tell me now how I do this post in the internet form , theres no Law about this !

Oh is that confirmed? Feels weird the last big mount- meta reward isn’t viable for skyriding…

Blizzard is just teaching you the correct way of having fun. Stop having fun the wrong way. God forbid you want to switch mount styles freely between mounts.

3 Likes