Why all the hate for female leads?

well 40% would still be a quite significant portion of the playerbase, certainly not “almost no women play games”

And I can assure you there are plenty of women who enjoy MMOs.

Most just hide the fact that they are women. I don´t have to explain to you why, do I?

But it’s not 40% you’re misunderstanding the data, roughly 40% of people that play games in the west are female. However that doesn’t mean they are equally distributed across all games. The most popular games for women are Animal Crossing, Startdew Valley, Pokemon Go, Pokemon, the preferred genre listed by women was Adventure games.

Around 30% of women gamers say they play fortnight for example. So that’s 30% of the 40% of western gamers

MMO’s the competative FPS, Racing and Sports is predominately Male in their playerbases. That doesn’t mean no women play MMO’s I’m sure there are lots that do, but it’s likely less that 15%

You forgot Sims 4

Does it threaten your masculinity that there are girls out there who kick your butt in games? Or why are you so triggered by the thought of women playing competitive games?

I’m not, I don’t care if women play games or not. It’s just that lying about something doesn’t settle an argument it just makes things worse.

It shouldn’t matter to any of us if more men or women play mmo’s but you lying, or if I’m being kind, misrepresenting things to imply there are more women mmo players than there are. Is just as bad as someone claiming no women play mmo’s

How am I lying?

Just because not everyone corrects you if you misgender them as “bro”, “lad” and “boi”?

Because you claimed that 50% of gamers are female, which there is absolutely no evidence of, just a quick google and the studies range around 40%.

You claimed wow’s been an even split between men and women, with zero evidence and when you check what games the 40% of gamers that are women play. MMO’s are not even in the top 5 genres. You either lied, or misunderstood what you were looking at, so accidentally misrepresented this.

The one who keeps misunderstanding things is you. There are plenty of women, they just don´t want you to know that they are women becaus they don´t like being harrassed by creeps and sexist misogynistic [redacted]s

Ok so now I put you on mute, as you clearly can’t be trusted to discuss something in good faith, nice talk.

1 Like

good point, and exactly this is my Problem, with the current Games Nowdays

i discovered wow as an Game, Where I can escape from reality and politics, and now i have the same thing in the game, especially the wokeness stuff in every corner

u had a good point, and there is a reason behind this American wokeness mind control intention, which wants to reach as many people as possible, but im getting tired of it, when Blizz trys stuff like this in such an bad way, and making the Game worse for many Players.

1 Like

I do. Quantic Foundry’s statistics from 2017.

You have exactly zero back for your claim. On top of that the original claim was made by you and you have the burden of proof, not me.

Who is talking about them going down ? I am calling bs on your claim of it being 50/50. It may (and most likely did) have grown up, but a claim of 50% is in no shape or form supported by any data as such data is exclusive to Blizzard as they do no longer share any sub data since ages.

I am a woman. So what now huh? If you are only capable of answering with a strawmen then I’d suggest silence on your end.

2 Likes

Because they got cooties, gross.

2 Likes

Oh i agree about Sylvanas being terribly written, but i think the women in war within are fine. Moira is especially interesting on how she balances responsibilities and motherly concerns. We don’t often get motherly figures. Aleria was doing a Sylvanas greatest hits but came around. Still… not nearly as bad. She had interesting conversations with Anduin. Sylvanas was crazy 24/7.
I love the new character i miss her first name. The lothar. She seems to be competition for Talia. Real charmer.

Anyways… too much crying in the forums. This was the best expansion in a very long time. It’s not FFXIV but this was a step forward in WoW terms.

I have no problem with Faerin (aside from her refusing healing for her arm. But that mainly comes down to me seeing a lot of people with disabilities heavily disagreeing with her take) and Moira too.

Aleria I can’t stand right now because they are writing her like Sylvanas, sisters or not, and she behaves like she is completely new to the void and its corrupting effects despite her being in training to control for 10 years in WoW lore. Blizzard disrespects their own character and their previous writing (again).

Anduin I don’t like his whining still. Why even bother chilling in the Shadowlands then. Or him believing the Light wouldnt answer to him anymore which makes absolutely no sense since the light has always been depicted as a neutral force in the lore that answers to everybody that calls for it. It even answered the call of a servant of N’Zoth during his last stand against us (Benedictus)

Talia is a acceptable character too. And thats whats bugging me so much. Characters that feel realistic rather than forced don’t get a lot of backlash (if any), but characters they try to force no matter what always flop (regardless of gender)

1 Like

Some people are just tired of female leads, we have had alot of them the past expansions.
There is nothing wrong with female leads. But it becomes a problem when there are ONLY female leads.

1 Like

“The real “fact” is that in many countries (I’ll use the UK as an example) immigration is mostly not the refugees / people on boats that you are referring to. It’s people from Ukraine / Hong Kong / long term students etc”.

Again, where did I say “ukraine and Hong Kong are the top ones”? All you can take from that is “more than come over on boats”.

So your reading and comprehension are lacking. Get better. People shouldn’t have to quote things multiple time and make you read slowly before you cotton on.

Subjective.
I think her model looks beautiful.
I genuinely wish I had those customization options.

Why not? It’s cool to see someone who isn’t the typical runway model.
Do you have something against disabled people?

The game’s already full of those. Why can’t you be happy with ALL of them.
Why does this one character have to be like that TOO?

You can’t say you’re not in a bubble and then so on to show that you consume wow content from everywhere including metacritic… (like w teee f). Why would you go on metacritic other than to snort anger from the masses that reinforces your views?

WHAT? WHAAAT?

I realise I wasn’t fully engaged when I went through the storyline but I have a decent “thats gonna backfire” detector. If this is what you took from that then you need to take a step back and touch grass.

What the actual hell. You’re generally really level headed, have you been kidnapped and replaced by a doppelganger? Blink twice if you need help!

Through the platform you can reach the masses. The over reached with Dustborn. Made it too obvious.
Simply noticing the death of escapism. Look at what happened to Mortal Kombat. The game that caused the ESRB ratings to exist in the first place.
No longer is it fantasy it is drowning in DEI and ESG. Constant reminders of the Woke order.

Censorship is real. Activision Blizzard is quadruple down on the message.
Ad hominem is used more than ever before.

Noone hated Sylvanas. People hate bad content, not strong women.

1 Like

This…

But i also dont like it when every Male Hero like Anduin or even Thrall are Weak as hell and all the womans are shown as totaly strong and great.

Its to forced.

Hope Anduin or Thrall or both will do something crazy. Otherwise its meh

3 Likes