Why all the hate for female leads?

Because they are badly written and forced

• Allerian vs Xal’atath is Sylvanas vs Tyrande 2.0
  • Faerin is DEI in a nutshel
3 Likes

You get offended by the gendering of pixels in a fantasy video game.

2 Likes

It’s been bit of a trope to kill of characters and replace them flavour of the months.

Also people don’t exactly like poorly written characters, but are mostly used to seeing poorly written males, so poorly written females ends up standing out more.

2 Likes

There were many topics about this issue, most are already deleted. Shame.

Ill just leave one comment and call it a day.

This whole movement is going against the stream. Compare women vs men NBA watch time numbers. Its just not the same universe. But for some reasons ppl decided that men and women have to reverse roles. Its going to fail spectacularly, as it is already failing with movies, but all in good time.

Personally, I am not against women leads. I liked Amazons, I liked Xena, I loved Aria and Sansa in Game of Thrones. There are many examples of strong women in history without whom this world would be not as good as it is.

But DEI movement is an insult to women as much as it is to men.

It has to get worse before it gets better, but only time will fix this (and money lost from unsatisfied customers).

14 Likes

Wow, I never knew that. I never missed an episode of B5, and I couldn’t believe it when I read this.

1 Like

I do understand it for badly written females.

But I perceive neither Alleria nor Faerin Lothar as “badly written”.

So, yeah. I don’t understand it either. I assume those disliking both characters this expansion are just haters by nature?

Considering WoW is a fantasy game with magic… Does it really have to follow human social/evolutionary dynamics in a fictional world?

After all, this game is for entertainment. Not accurate real life portrayal.

1 Like

As Mc’s they are terribly written they just run around doing whatever they FEEL like doing, they’re self absorbed and irrational. They have zero heroic traits.

1 Like

game where dragons lose 1v1s to gnomes goes too far by having woman be tough

wdym? personally i loved playing alongside illidan in legion or garrosh in cata and just running around with a “brain off , hold w” kinda guy. its pretty fun if you ask m- oh wait it was a woman this time, you’re right i hate this kind of character

2 Likes

Garrosh was flamed beyond believe for the way he was written. People wanted Stonetalon Garrosh (the Garrosh version that Blizzard admitted wasnt intended to be in the game and only made it into the game by accident). The “brain off, hold w” version of him was despised just the same.

3 Likes

yeah i remember people being wrong 14 years ago

Arent you a treat. Your argument is void, simple as. Garrosh wasnt liked. Far from it. He was stated to be horrible written by pretty much everyone you asked and Blizzard still got dunked on for it until after he got disenchanted.

1 Like

Are you insane, the differences between the old characters, and not just the old males but all old characters, and the newly written ones are night and day. I put the example above about legions, the plan of the alliance, every cutscene for horde and alliance was discussing battle plans what we’re trying to achieve. In this and in DF it’s just chase the tail of the big bad until magical mcguffins added and then bye bye baddies.

I can respect someones opinion of liking a characters but you cannot say these are well written that’s just a lie.

1 Like

ive decided you are wrong

The only time I tried a drink made from a powder [excluding Coffee and Chocolate of course] was dehydrated Turkish apple juice, which honestly was quite nice. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

no, hes a pathetic character now. its just sad how useless he is.

Because people want STRONK MANLY MEN to be THE BEST!

Seems like you don’t know what heroic even means. Here a summary:

If you describe a person or their actions as heroic, you admire them because they show extreme bravery. Heroics are actions involving bravery, courage, or determination . ~ Simple Google Search

Additionally:

Definitions of Heroism

The scientific study of heroism is a relatively recent topic of interest within the field of psychology.

Researchers have offered different definitions of exactly what makes a hero, but most suggest that heroism involves prosocial, altruistic actions that involve an element of personal risk or sacrifice.

Researchers Franco, Blau, and Zimbardo define heroism as someone who:

• Acts voluntarily for the service of others who are in need, whether it is for an individual, a group, or a community
  • Performs actions without any expectation of reward or external gain
  • Recognizes and accepts the potential risk or sacrifice made by taking heroic actions

Characteristics of a Hero

Researchers do not necessarily agree about the central characteristics that make up heroism. One study published in 2015 in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology suggested that heroes have 12 central traits, which are:

• Bravery
  • Conviction
  • Courage
  • Determination
  • Helpful
  • Honesty
  • Inspirational
  • Moral integrity
  • Protective
  • Self-sacrifice
  • Selflessness
  • Strength

The psychology of heroism might not be well understood, but many experts do believe that it is possible for people to learn to be heroes. The following are just a few of the major characteristics that researchers have ascribed to heroes.

Source: https://www.verywellmind.com/characteristics-of-heroism-2795943

Idk man, seems like they check a lot of those boxes.

1 Like

Everyone making these threads is either a troll looking to irk people for fun , or too stupid to realize that it is not about man or woman , gay , x y z 1322134 or who knows what . It is about a make believe pretense to shore up somone’s insecurities and checking stupid diversity checkboxes instead of making a good story .

Constant propaganda shoved in your face is what is disgusting .

It is starting to look like someone is doing this on purpose , so people hate each other . Think about it . Tell someone 100000000 times “don’t hate apples” and put apples in every single place, movie or game , and sure as hell that someone will do anything in their power make them disappear .

Take your fake concern , equality , inclusion and other useless terms and shove em .
Let people be people and stop trying to find who is better . You will live a happier life that way .

6 Likes

Please explain any situations where they exhibit these traits. I’ll wait awhile because they don’t. Before you even try it, whinging about your feelings at the expense of others is not bravery. I’ll give you maybe self-sacrifice but most of the time their self-sacrifices are always selfish in nature, take anduins attempt at stopping the cannon, it’s not about making the hero’s sacrifice for others, he just wants out of the world and situation it was more of a suicide attempt than a self sacrifice, yes there’s a difference.

Alleria & Khadgar: Entire cutscene (contains Spoilers!)

Both exhibit following traits:

• Bravery
  • Conviction
  • Courage
  • Determination
  • Helpful
  • Protective
  • Self-sacrifice
  • Selflessness
  • Strength

Anduin: Literally first cutscene of the video (contains spoilers!)

Exhibits following traits:

• Bravery
  • Conviction
  • Courage
  • Determination
  • Helpful
  • Protective
  • Self-sacrifice
  • Selflessness
  • Strength

Magni: End of cutscene (contains Spoilers!)

• Bravery
  • Conviction
  • Courage
  • Determination
  • Moral integrity
  • Helpful
  • Protective
  • Self-sacrifice
  • Selflessness

Should I go on? :roll_eyes:

Just because you don’t like the depiction doesn’t mean it’s not there factually.

We get it, you want characters like Anduin to be like his father Varian. But that’s not what Anduin ever was or ever will be. If characters like Anduin would be just a 1:1 copy of the predecessor, you would complain it’s lazy writing instead too.

Don’t fool yourself. Don’t try to fool us. We all know you dislike the characters for personal reasons, not because they are actually bad written.

You just don’t like them by default. And that’s ok. But trying to make up things that aren’t true about them isn’t helpful.

That’s literally BS and sounds a lot like self-projecting to me.

2 Likes