Why are they continuing the anduin arc of being a complete wuss

He could easily be removed and the story would be just as good, if not better

Where’s thrall in all of this btw

9 Likes

Thrall is just the Old Guy that keeps telling Anduin how “Great his Power is”.

So just the regular “nice guy” around the Corner…

And Anduins biggest Power is his crying. If he uses it on any raidboss, they will defeat themselves, just to not listen to it anymore.

16 Likes

did you even play the campaign?

edit: after part 5 today, i must once again reiterate:

did you even play the campaign?

7 Likes

Do we need another thread like this? We already have the thread about not enough masculine males.

They’re discussing it here:

And discussing it here:

2 Likes

Because of the “Modern audience”.

11 Likes

Lets votekick Anduin out of the game.

7 Likes

IAM IN!

Lets get rid of him.

3 Likes

No matter how boring I think it is at times, I’d rather have that than yet another Green Jesus focused story. Thrall needs to rot

4 Likes

Anduin is the kind of guy who has a wife that’s been cheating on him with his best friend for 2 years

7 Likes

The dude sacrificed himself to let us escape The Maw only to end up being mind controlled by a godlike being for two years and made to kill and turn on his friends and allies while being completely aware of every moment but powerless to do anything. I don’t think you can reasonably blame him for being messed up from it.

That moment in The Maw was also the last time he used the light, and after that it didn’t help him through the whole mind control period, so his doubts about being worthy of the light are justified, as is the guilt he feels for what he’s done while under the Zovaal’s influence.

He was always written in contrast to his father as being a diplomat and a healer, not a warrior. That funny thing tho is that for a “complete wuss”, he has a pretty extensive history of putting his life on the line for others, even when he was still just a child.

I feel like his current story arc is quite clearly leading to him gaining his confidence back and getting over the whole mind control thing. I think it’s a more interesting story than just having a Varian 2.0.

14 Likes

Yeah but from the perspective of like every other WoW Main character it’s like : “First time?”

Slyvannas: Wont go into the abomination of shadowlands, but being killed and turned into a banshee and mindcontrolled by a evil monster.

Varian: Enslaved split into two forced to fight in a gladiatorial pit.

Thrall: Born into slavery, free his people to only have them mind controlled by demons, again, then helps fight off that demon.

Jaina: Watch the man she loved become a monster, then got her father killed for her belief in peace, then watched the people she allowed kill her father betray that peace and massacre her people.

2 Likes

He is alot younger than the other characters tho.

He’s the same age as Thrall was in WC3 *edit: He’s actually older than Thrall was in WC3, Anduins is mid 20’s and Thrall was 19. Jaina is about 10 years older than Anduin I believe.

It was not his first time. Back in MoP he stood up to Garrosh who nearly killed him, at which point he was what, 15 years old? You can’t deny that the guy’s got stones.

Later at the end of SoO he convinced his Varian not to needlessly fight the horde after we all fought against Garrosh together. He’s a character with ideals and convictions that he’s not afraid to die for and even stand up to his own father when he feels like it’s the right thing to do.

5 Likes

Still, Thrall is like 15 years older than anduin

Comparatively to everyone else, Thrall was 19 when he free his people and founded a nation, then saved the world helped fight off a pit lord. But sure go off Anduin, you got kicked into a bell…

1 Like

I hope that at some point, if nothing else, he will at least stop crying and whining. Soon if possible.

3 Likes

The only Problem i have with Anduin is his crying…

We get it that he was depressed. We understood it since the end of shadowlands…
It is simply enough crying…

It WAS enough at the end of shadowlands and he keeps doing it. He lets people die while he is crying about his problems…

An that is called “King”?
Damn.

1 Like

If you want to judge every character in contrast to green jesus or other legendary characters who’s storylines span back to Warcraft 3 or earlier, everyone’s a “complete wuss”. Anduin’s story didn’t properly start until years into WoW.

Who did he let die?

While the Questline.

People where fighting in the scene and he cryied about his “lost light”… Instead of helping them.

Yes it was some noname characters, but still. He stands there and talks while his people fight and die in the background.

1 Like