Why Blizzard hates new players

If it’s like the Legion one it’s about four abilities and then you have 40 more in your spellbook after the tutorial.

2 Likes

For me there aren’t enough new spells, cause the ones that we got (at least as warrior) are all spell that were previously in the game, so its kinda boring not seeing anything new and fun, and having to rely on borrowed power for that.

And as new player i would be exited to see all these spells and imagine how to use them in different scenarios, but you can always roll a DH if its too much

Sounds like you had a bad experience don’t let it ruin the game for you, just keep trying other guilds preferably look for one who says they are casual.

7k achivement points, looks like a troll post.

I think this is because of two reasons. One of them peachy, one of them pedantic and probably the reality.

1. The peachy one is the assumption that the player will by then want to be set free and experiment enhancing themselves, free of “guides” giving them “optimal” routes for things and not encouraging exploration - such as template builds for specializations.

2. The pedantic one I imagine is the idea that by then, new players would have been told the main resource of guides online - WoWHead, Icy Veins, prominent YouTubers, etc.

Healing / Shield:

1. Pain Suppression
  2. Power Word: Barrier
  3. Power Word: Shield
  4. Power Word: Radiance
  5. Shadow Mend
  6. Penance
  7. Desperate Prayer

Offensive: - why so many??? they do the same thing!!!
  8. Power Word: Solence
  9. Holy Nova
  10. Shadowfiend
  11. Smite
  12. Mind Sear
  13. Purge the Wicked
  14. Shadow Word: Death
  15. Mind Blast

Dispels:
16. Dispel Magic
17. Mass Dispel
18. Purify

CC:
20. Mind Control
21. Psychic Scream
22. Shackle Undead
23. Will of the forsaken - this is undead racial… but all have a racial

Utility:
24. Angelic Feather
25. Leap of Faith
26. Rapture
27. Archangel
28.Power Word: Fortitude
29. Fade
30. Levitate
31. Mind Vision
32. Resurrection
33. Mass Resurrection
Other:
34. Cannibalize - this is an other racial I have
35. Esseence
36. Trincket
37. PvP trinket

Coming up soon:
38. Mind Soothe
39. Power Infusion

sometimes also needed:
40. Halo
41. Evangelism
42. Schism
… and other 2-3…

no comment

3 Likes

I actually agree with OP, some unpruning was alright I guess, but they have gone overboard with it.

4 Likes

I am def in the minority that doesn’t like spell bloat, I prefer less spells. Obviously not as few as dh has but some happy medium. I think less spells but more importance on excuting them is better than spell bloat. I.e splitting up a spell into two buttons for the sake of it.

It’s why I don’t like alot of classes in ffxiv, it’s like playing the piano. The irony is classic has the fewest actual useful spells that you use often, with 1-3 button rotations and alot of fluff you hardly ever use. Now some classes have insane amount of spells you need to use often if you want to get the most out of it. I ran out of binds on resto druid after the unpruining as I was at max binds before it.

Monk is a pritty good class now for people that wan’t more buttons than a dh but less than other classes/specs, it doesn’t have to many.

1 Like

I actually think that DH is in a very good spot. 5 offensive and 5 defensive/utilities.

I wish all classes were a bit more like DH. For me, something like a warrior or warlock is just completely unplayable, too many spells to keep track of.

people like this are the reason they did the initial pruning of abilities… and why the player base dropped, all of a sudden you only needed to cast 4 abilities to really do anything…

80% of classes could mindlessly smash their keyboards and be relatively good

Druids have 20+ spells between all the sub specs… and its amazing, having old stuff back is amazing

A large majority don’t have to be used in your every day rotation… if you can’t use your shift/ctrl/alt + key then just practice… its not that hard

Sounds like you didn’t make a new character and went through Exile’s reach and scrambled your way through the settings to turn of that terribly annoying tutorial they added for new players that we old players don’t need, that is, however, very educational for new players.

yeah… since pre-patch I set up the priest, played a few m+… didnt know what to press, always have to think and be slow… boring… don’t find the will to play… and I was playing all day long…
why do they have to complicate it to such insane level???.. beats me, but I guess cdew, zooniaky and maro love it… they will be the last to play it anyway, and they will be alone in the game soon enough

Its not complicated though, maybe you need to look at a UI that makes it easier for you to see what you doing

Or just cater for what you can handle, if you can’t handle doing dps in m+ or in pvp remove it from your bar… you only really need smite and s-word if you doing world content with maybe penance

Put your stuff that doesn’t get used every 5 seconds or situational on your vertical/unmacro’d/no hot keys assigned… like mindvisions/levit/ress/mass/canni all that doesn’t need your attention all the time just throw it to your side bar or whatever you got setup that lets you use it every 10 mins

Learn to make macro’s… you don’t need to be a pro to make a macro, icy veins also has a bunch of macro’s you can copy paste if you don’t know what to make for yourself

You moaning about 30 spells but its nothing compared to classic or prewod… and thats when the player base was at its highest and no one was moaning, just adapt your playstyle to what you are capable of…

I mean if you want to play something basic then there are mobile rpg’s that I am sure you can push 1 button to heal and 1 button to do damage thats catered for that playstyle… or maybe poe like 5 buttons… and you sorted no stresses

This. Oh, how horrible that you get more stuff to use.

Also how does blizzard hate new players? Everything is catered for them.

1 Like

I’d understand you said it 10 years ago, but now when game is more new player and casual friendly than ever, makes no sense. Maybe over the time the players have just become more ___ (how to say dumber politely? mobile gamers?) and find simple things hard.

3 Likes

Tell that to literally any newbie who wants to PvP. :V

2 Likes

WoW has very few new players. I’d bet most are returning.

1 Like

Should a game be balanced around the worst player? Is that fair towards the ones that aren’t new?

That’s not what I said at all, if you actually bothered to read my post.

What I said was that the game is not presented in a noob-friendly way, especially when considering the amount of quests you need to do in 8.3, before you can actually start gearing up your character.

I personally prefer a complex class over a more simple one, however, some abilities are downright useless or clunky, and should be baked into other skills, preserving the depth of the class. More spells does not mean more depth.

1 Like

Peoples do macros with few spells in it, then complain about more keys to push - more keys added. Then they do more macros with this new spells - again complaint that they need more keys to push. And again, and again and again.

1 Like